And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We know nothing is going to change .
But lads get things of their chest on here.
It stops them kicking the dog .
If you think something is irrelevant just don’t post.
I have learned lots of this forum , most of it useless triv .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't seen this Mane incident, I was just making a general point that going down when there is contact is absolutely not 'cheating', far from it. Contact that impedes your progress or ability to play the ball is a foul (if they've not got the ball themselves of course).
Keeper pulls him back after flapping at the ball, Mane went down and asked the ref a question and he said pen.
That’s it really.

If he stays on his feet and tries to play the ball the ref wouldn’t give it, so players go down.
If no contact that’s cheating imo.

D

Deleted member 16999

Excellent googling Paul, you're missing the point though.

Talk about it all you want, your opinion doesn't matter and won't change anything.

Google pointless...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz! You’re adding nothing, it’s you missing the point!
I googled pointless and a picture of you came up.(y)

Definition of forum in English:
forum

NOUN

• 1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    ‘we hope these pages act as a forum for debate’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

D

Deleted member 15344

I see England have called up Callum Hudson-Odi - not bad for a player who hasn’t started a Prem league game yet

Wonder what players like Lookman , Gray , Maddison - players playing regularly in the Prem think , even Nelson has been starting games. CHO is no doubt a very talented player and has a very bright future but seems a strange call up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ward-Prowse and Hudson-Odoi added to the England squad. Gives it a bit more balance going forward at least. Stones, Delph, Loftus-Cheek & Shaw have all pulled out I believe. The centre back options are bloody awful though, that leaves us with one of Tarkowski or Keane potentially starting! That's a shocker.

What team would you even start? I'd probably go for..

Heaton
Walker - Maguire - Keane - Rose
Hendo - Rice
Sterling - Rashford - Sancho
Kane

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Interesting team that. Given the situation with Rice, especially. Hendo isn't fit really, either! Don't know what to make of the Hudson-Odoi call-up tbh, he's clearly got talent but is he really deserving of being part of what's supposed to be the top players available to the national manager? The centre-back issue is quite something - the days off Rio, Terry, Carra etc are a long way away now! I have to say I'm a bit confused at how Tarkowski gets in the squad but Dunk down at Brighton doesn't.

4LEX

Visit site
Ward-Prowse and Hudson-Odoi added to the England squad. Gives it a bit more balance going forward at least. Stones, Delph, Loftus-Cheek & Shaw have all pulled out I believe. The centre back options are bloody awful though, that leaves us with one of Tarkowski or Keane potentially starting! That's a shocker.

What team would you even start? I'd probably go for..

Heaton
Walker - Maguire - Keane - Rose
Hendo - Rice
Sterling - Rashford - Sancho
Kane

Not sure on that. Looks way too top heavy and no one in midfield who can control the game. I'd probably rest Rashford as he's been putting in shift after shift at Utd. Then rest Kane for the second game and give the young front three a chance.

D

Deleted member 16999

Pickford

TA-A
Maguire
Keane
Chillwell

Henderson
Dier
Alli
Rice

Kane
Sterling

Go 2 or 3 up, change Keeper, bring on Rashford and Barkley.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
---------------Pickford-------------
--TAA--Maguire---Keane--Rose---
---------Alli----Rice----Henderson----
--Sterling--------------------Sancho--
----------------Kane----------------

Is what I'd be going for.

4LEX

Visit site
I see England have called up Callum Hudson-Odi - not bad for a player who hasn’t started a Prem league game yet

Wonder what players like Lookman , Gray , Maddison - players playing regularly in the Prem think , even Nelson has been starting games. CHO is no doubt a very talented player and has a very bright future but seems a strange call up

With respect he's in a different class to Lookman and Gray. Those two are very limited at the top level. Theres a reason Bayern were prepared to pay £35-40m for a player with only 18 months on his contract.....

Maddison is a good shout. He will surely be involved at some point!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
With respect he's in a different class to Lookman and Gray. Those two are very limited at the top level. Theres a reason Bayern were prepared to pay £35-40m for a player with only 18 months on his contract.....

Maddison is a good shout. He will surely be involved at some point!

RB Leipzig were offering us a similar amount for Lookman as well last summer to be fair. Lookman has also actually started games and looked class. Hudson-Odoi may possibly have a higher ceiling but right now Lookman is the more accomplished player, and more deserving of a call-up, though I don't think he's ready. He's more ready than Hudson-Odoi.

D

Deleted member 16999

First qualifier at home I reckon he’ll stick to what he knows imo.

Too calculated to take too many risks early on.

D

Deleted member 16999

No way will England play TWO holding midfielders at home against nomarks! Are you Jose Mourinho :unsure:;)
2nd highest rank Team in our group, he’ll mess about with the other fixtures, don’t think he’ll want a risk a defeat.
We need to be careful writing off any team.

D

Deleted member 15344

No way will England play TWO holding midfielders at home against nomarks! Are you Jose Mourinho :unsure:;)
That’s not two holding midfielders that’s 3 - Henderson who isn’t fully fit plus Dier and Rice ?! And is Alli fit

Is it a qualifier or friendly? Who are they playing

Looking at the squad

Heaton

TAA
Maguire
Keane
Chillwell

Ward Prowse
Rice

Sterling
Ali
Sancho

Kane

Seems a bit gulf in the middle - is Loftus Cheek in the squad

If some would put Loftus Cheek in middle then play three up high with Kane in the middle and Sancho and Sterling either side

D

Deleted member 18588

Pickford

TA-A
Maguire
Keane
Chillwell

Henderson
Dier
Alli
Rice

Kane
Sterling

Go 2 or 3 up, change Keeper, bring on Rashford and Barkley.

For all the promise of last summer that line up is pretty depressing as I realise the manager is short of options.

Forgetting Pickford for the moment and the weakness of the two central defenders, the midfield puts me in mind of the bad old days when Carlton Palmer played.

Alli is not match fit, Rice looks like he will be a good player but lacks experience at this level and if I had my way Henderson and Dier wouldn't get a look in; certainly not together.

No creativity in that midfield.

4LEX

Visit site
RB Leipzig were offering us a similar amount for Lookman as well last summer to be fair. Lookman has also actually started games and looked class. Hudson-Odoi may possibly have a higher ceiling but right now Lookman is the more accomplished player, and more deserving of a call-up, though I don't think he's ready. He's more ready than Hudson-Odoi.

RB are a different kettle of fish though and are more cash happy than Bayern. Bayern hardly ever pay big money for established players, let alone young ones.

Although it's not really a major issue as Sterling and Sancho are that good, they'll have the positions sewn up for years.

D

Deleted member 16999

For all the promise of last summer that line up is pretty depressing as I realise the manager is short of options.

Forgetting Pickford for the moment and the weakness of the two central defenders, the midfield puts me in mind of the bad old days when Carlton Palmer played.

Alli is not match fit, Rice looks like he will be a good player but lacks experience at this level and if I had my way Henderson and Dier wouldn't get a look in; certainly not together.

No creativity in that midfield.
Agreed, we can only go on what’s available, on paper this is the trickier of the 2 matches and I don’t see Southgate bringing in 3 or 4 new faces, happy to be proved wrong.....