And, we’re off.......2018/2019

4LEX

Visit site
--------- Rice ----- Henderson -------
-----------------------------------------
---------------- Alli --------------------
Sancho ------- Kane -------- Stering

Pretty sure it'll be that midfield and attack. Only change could be Dier in for Rice but he's been average or injured this season, so hopefully he goes with Rice.

D

Deleted member 16999

Pretty sure it'll be that midfield and attack. Only change could be Dier in for Rice but he's been average or injured this season, so hopefully he goes with Rice.
Better to be Jose and make a decision than only play 6! ;)
What’s the other 5?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure on that. Looks way too top heavy and no one in midfield who can control the game. I'd probably rest Rashford as he's been putting in shift after shift at Utd. Then rest Kane for the second game and give the young front three a chance.
It's not my fault they didn't put any good midfielders in the squad, lol. I was working with what's there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s not two holding midfielders that’s 3 - Henderson who isn’t fully fit plus Dier and Rice ?! And is Alli fit

Is it a qualifier or friendly? Who are they playing

Looking at the squad

Heaton

TAA
Maguire
Keane
Chillwell

Ward Prowse
Rice

Sterling
Ali
Sancho

Kane

Seems a bit gulf in the middle - is Loftus Cheek in the squad

If some would put Loftus Cheek in middle then play three up high with Kane in the middle and Sancho and Sterling either side
I'm not sure Dele can be trusted to start. He's been back just one game for us. He might be technically fit but he can't be sharp or match fit yet. It's awkward though because the next alternative is Barkley and I don't rate him at all.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Henderson and Alli should be nowhere near the England starting line up imo, just not good enough.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Henderson and Alli should be nowhere near the England starting line up imo, just not good enough.
Again, hands are tied a bit. If they are not good enough then who is? If you'd have said not fit enough then that's a different issue, but fully fit, it's not like we have the next Lamps and Stevie G waiting in the wings is it?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Again, hands are tied a bit. If they are not good enough then who is? If you'd have said not fit enough then that's a different issue, but fully fit, it's not like we have the next Lamps and Stevie G waiting in the wings is it?

That’s true, unfortunately our midfield is full of average Premiership players. We need some top quality players to break through and take us to the next level.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm not sure Dele can be trusted to start. He's been back just one game for us. He might be technically fit but he can't be sharp or match fit yet. It's awkward though because the next alternative is Barkley and I don't rate him at all.

Barkley should be in the team - he is the one English player who at the moment can go past players and try and create forward especially if Loftus Cheek isn’t playing and he won’t take that Foden bloke. Rice doesn’t seem the creative type and Henderson and Dier aren’t so they need to find two centre mids - one who can carry the ball with threat and pace a box to box type and then you need one who can get on the ball dictate the pace , thread a pace , have the vision to release the guys in front

Currently if all fully fit

Henderson and Dier as your Defence Mids Henderson first choice and Rice coming through if he shows he is good enough

Barkley the box to box player with Lingard , Alli and Loftus Cheek around the squad

But the creative player is the missing link for England- it’s hard to see who they have , Foden is one who is talked about a lot so will he provide that creativity? Who else ? Maddison ?

The one area England don’t seem to have an issue is the guys up high - Kane , Rashford , Sancho , Sterling currently then young players like Hudson , Lookman and even the young lad at Liverpool Brewster

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Barkley should be in the team - he is the one English player who at the moment can go past players and try and create forward especially if Loftus Cheek isn’t playing and he won’t take that Foden bloke. Rice doesn’t seem the creative type and Henderson and Dier aren’t so they need to find two centre mids - one who can carry the ball with threat and pace a box to box type and then you need one who can get on the ball dictate the pace , thread a pace , have the vision to release the guys in front

Currently if all fully fit

Henderson and Dier as your Defence Mids Henderson first choice and Rice coming through if he shows he is good enough

Barkley the box to box player with Lingard , Alli and Loftus Cheek around the squad

But the creative player is the missing link for England- it’s hard to see who they have , Foden is one who is talked about a lot so will he provide that creativity? Who else ? Maddison ?

The one area England don’t seem to have an issue is the guys up high - Kane , Rashford , Sancho , Sterling currently then young players like Hudson , Lookman and even the young lad at Liverpool Brewster
Yeah I think we're set in attack for a few years, certainly I don't see Kane, Sterling or Rashford suddenly dropping off a cliff ability-wise. I think long-term Foden will be in and around the first time, for sure. He seems to be pretty unique in skillset right now, and the fact he's training with and learning from David Silva and De Bruyne every day is invaluable. I like Winks, obviously I get to see more of him than fans of other clubs, but he's not the driving forward type, more of a good user of the ball from deep who should have a role to play if he keeps improving. Maddison is decent, but I'm not sure he'll ever be someone who starts games for us. I'm a fan of Loftus-Cheek but he needs to get out of Chelsea, were young English players go to die. Lingard is a funny one, seems to do well, but also you don't really notice the difference when he's not there.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Brewster has a very exciting future ahead of him and that will include playing for his country at the highest level

You have no idea if that's going to be long term true. Not a notion. Think of all the nonsense we've heard down the years. Bridges, Ben Foster, Cadamarteri, Phil Jones... these were all players we heard were going to be stars before they'd ever proven they were good enough.

Even top class Premier League players went on to be nowhere near as good for England - Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler...

Too many football fans big up their own well in advance of it ever being shown.

Tell you what - £10 on Brewster being out on loan at a lesser club, or sold completely by the end of the summer transfer window at the start of 20/21?

D

Deleted member 15344

You have no idea if that's going to be long term true. Not a notion. Think of all the nonsense we've heard down the years. Bridges, Ben Foster, Cadamarteri, Phil Jones... these were all players we heard were going to be stars before they'd ever proven they were good enough.

Even top class Premier League players went on to be nowhere near as good for England - Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler...

Too many football fans big up their own well in advance of it ever being shown.

Tell you what - £10 on Brewster being out on loan at a lesser club, or sold completely by the end of the summer transfer window at the start of 20/21?

He may not work out , just like players like Hudson etc etc may bomb out after a good year - there is no guarantee for any player - doesn’t make me stop believing that I think Brewster is the real deal and will get his chance once the injury issue is over and he gets a good pre season - he has the talent , the ability and he outshone players like Sancho and Hudson at the World Cup where he was top scorer so yep I reckon he is going to be a player , and one of the reasons why Klopp won’t spend big on a striker when Sturridge leaves because he will be given his chance just like TAA did .

Just an opinion that’s all at the end of the day - one which may prove right or wrong I’m sure we will see at stage over the next 5 years or so

And no - don’t do bets - don’t see the point betting on an opinion, when Brewster ends up playing for England I’ll just be happy in the glow that i got it right about him

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
He may not work out , just like players like Hudson etc etc may bomb out after a good year - there is no guarantee for any player - doesn’t make me stop believing that I think Brewster is the real deal and will get his chance once the injury issue is over and he gets a good pre season - he has the talent , the ability and he outshone players like Sancho and Hudson at the World Cup where he was top scorer so yep I reckon he is going to be a player , and one of the reasons why Klopp won’t spend big on a striker when Sturridge leaves because he will be given his chance just like TAA did .

Just an opinion that’s all at the end of the day - one which may prove right or wrong I’m sure we will see at stage over the next 5 years or so

Your quote - "Brewster has a very exciting future ahead of him and that will include playing for his country at the highest level."

So will you take that bet?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah I think we're set in attack for a few years, certainly I don't see Kane, Sterling or Rashford suddenly dropping off a cliff ability-wise. I think long-term Foden will be in and around the first time, for sure. He seems to be pretty unique in skillset right now, and the fact he's training with and learning from David Silva and De Bruyne every day is invaluable. I like Winks, obviously I get to see more of him than fans of other clubs, but he's not the driving forward type, more of a good user of the ball from deep who should have a role to play if he keeps improving. Maddison is decent, but I'm not sure he'll ever be someone who starts games for us. I'm a fan of Loftus-Cheek but he needs to get out of Chelsea, were young English players go to die. Lingard is a funny one, seems to do well, but also you don't really notice the difference when he's not there.

Lingard is a strange one , he doesn’t seem to have any attributes that make him more than just a championship level player but he appears to act like a World Class Star - he does seem to pop up and score goals and work hard but from the times I have seen he doesn’t seem to create , doesn’t have outstanding ability on the ball , is he quick ? BUT he scores and he seems to do it when it’s needed

Winks - I couldn’t tell from what I have seen of him , just doesn’t seem to stand out but I don’t know if that’s a good thing and he just does everything quietly and efficiently without grabbing headlines , certainly doesn’t seem to give the ball away too much , is his range of passing good ?