And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

I think theyve been poor. Fair play to Liverpool though, theyve done what was needed. Quarter final draw gonna be fun :)

anyone but City or Barca?

They have been in a great run of form and was worried about getting through but they just didn’t show much threat and we just waited until the gaps appeared. Bayern don’t lose many at home but clearly miss players like Robben , Muller . Have a feeling we will get an English team.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
appreciate them both, no need to compare :)

I do appreciate them both massively, and I think they are both better because the other one is there so they have to keep at that level to argue their case. They are both elite sportsmen who think they are the GOAT so they will be making the comparison themselves. I would guess Messi will be a little disappointed if Ronaldo scores a hat trick and he doesn’t

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All you can do is put your chances away when not really playing that well .
Three quality goals.
BM were very poor.
We made them look better by giving the ball away to much.
Bit of a silly booking for Robbo he will be missed.
Great for English footy four in last eight is awesome.

D

Deleted member 1740

Superb Performance from the boys tonight, a tough place to go and dominate.

Barcelona next 🤞🏻

D

Deleted member 16999

Just in from a mgt mtg at the Club, seen nothing but the scores.
Great to see all 4 teams through and hopefully get 2 through tomorrow night in the Europa League.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Totally agree! We still had to put put them away tho.

Thought Fabinho, Milner and Mane were excellent

We just need to stop being so sloppy in possession if this team is to go on.

You need to add a few quality players to the squad AND keep the stars that you already have.

That’s not going to be easy when there are teams with much deeper pockets around.

If you can then Liverpool have a real chance to dominate instead of being a nearly team.

As much as I dislike Klopp ( sorry but his touch line antics wind me up) he is a brilliant coach. Of course it means keeping hold of him too.

100% applies to Spurs too ( except Poch is much more likeable)👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to add a few quality players to the squad AND keep the stars that you already have.

That’s not going to be easy when there are teams with much deeper pockets around.

If you can then Liverpool have a real chance to dominate instead of being a nearly team.

As much as I dislike Klopp ( sorry but his touch line antics wind me up) he is a brilliant coach. Of course it means keeping hold of him too.

100% applies to Spurs too ( except Poch is much more likeable)👍
Their squad is massive though, where do you think they need to add quality? I can only think that the second string defenders need improving really. Everywhere else they have loads of options. Maybe one more creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss. But I don't think they need a lot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brilliant performance and I thought that would be a real test last night. I thought Bayern were poor, especially as the home team and once Liverpool scored it was clear there wasn't a huge amount of fight in them. Great to see the English clubs doing well and the QF draw will be interesting. I imagine there will be an all English clash in there somewhere. Who would Liverpool fans like and who would they still rather avoid. I would suggest Juventus are the ones to avoid and anyone else is beatable

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought the Henderson injury did Liverpool a favour last night, was surprised Fabinho didn't start, but think the midfield look better with him included

I think that booking for Robertson may come back to haunt Liverpool, what a muppet, Klopp must be seething