And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For anyone who says you dont get picked on who you play for, I give you Fabian Delph lol
I do agree. But it shows you how poor the England midfield options are. Poorest they've been in my lifetime anyway. I'd have put Ward-Prowse or Maddison in, as we really lack creativity at the moment. Gareth doesn't seem to care about the standard of football though, he just picks runners and plays on the counter.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So is that Rice lad any good? Got to be honest I'd never heard of him until the England vs Ireland story broke a few weeks back.

Yes, I think he'll develope into a truly superb player and, if United went in for him, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
I hadn't realised that he spent eight years at Chelsea ........................... ooops!

D

Deleted member 15344

I think Rice at the moment is suffering from the next England great hope overhype syndrome that always seems to happen - there is a long list of players who have been given the hype and failed to live up to it

Is he a decent player ? Yeah he seems ok , nothing outstanding really , plays it nice and tidy and looks comfortable on the ball - it’s how he develops now . He will end up being a decent player but not sure if he will end up a top player in a top team - but City will prob spend £40/50mil for him to try and replace Fernandinho.

Foden does look good at times in his fleeting moment but does he need to leave ? I think he will

The ones that do look future stars - Sancho , Hudson , Nelson , Rowe and it’s no surprise they are playing week in week out in ( apart from Hudson )

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Rice at the moment is suffering from the next England great hope overhype syndrome that always seems to happen - there is a long list of players who have been given the hype and failed to live up to it

Is he a decent player ? Yeah he seems ok , nothing outstanding really , plays it nice and tidy and looks comfortable on the ball - it’s how he develops now . He will end up being a decent player but not sure if he will end up a top player in a top team - but City will prob spend £40/50mil for him to try and replace Fernandinho.

Foden does look good at times in his fleeting moment but does he need to leave ? I think he will

The ones that do look future stars - Sancho , Hudson , Nelson , Rowe and it’s no surprise they are playing week in week out in ( apart from Hudson )

I don’t think he is suffering from it at all, he went under the radar last year and has rightly earned reviews this year. He won’t ever appear outstanding as he plays a position where you can’t look fantastic . It isn’t in the role.

He will go far

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think that Foden is being groomed to take over from Silva if or when he goes back to Spain

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Nelson fallen out of favour of late (after a disciplinary issue). Hopefully be back in our squad for next season

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don’t think he is suffering from it at all, he went under the radar last year and has rightly earned reviews this year. He won’t ever appear outstanding as he plays a position where you can’t look fantastic . It isn’t in the role.

He will go far
Totally agree. Not overhyped at all and as you say hard to look good doing simple things properly. Has done well again this season and the only hype has been getting him to commit himself to England and the press pushing that story to the limits. To be honest I'd rather he was hardly noticed and just did the basics. If he can do that and improve as a player and get brought on then why can't he be a mainstay of the England team and a top PL side.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree. Not overhyped at all and as you say hard to look good doing simple things properly. Has done well again this season and the only hype has been getting him to commit himself to England and the press pushing that story to the limits. To be honest I'd rather he was hardly noticed and just did the basics. If he can do that and improve as a player and get brought on then why can't he be a mainstay of the England team and a top PL side.

It’s a shame that he won’t be doing it for us. He will be gone to city or united within 3 years id say.

He’s a very tidy player who’s now been adding goals to his game.

Can only get better

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s a shame that he won’t be doing it for us. He will be gone to city or united within 3 years id say.

He’s a very tidy player who’s now been adding goals to his game.

Can only get better
I would hope you can get at least another season out of him but I wouldn't want to see him go to a City or United and then not get game time and stall.