And, we’re off.......2018/2019

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Is that not the same for Ronaldo though ?

Went from the best team at the time in England to Madrid where everything went through him on the pitch and he was the main man and team built around him and then he moved to a team which again is one of the best in Europe and full of stars

They are both up there with the best ever - it will all I suspect come down to personal choice because you can roll off their individual and team honours and it’s impossible to separate them. I know which one I would prefer in my team given the choice and that’s Messi but I know some people would prefer Ronaldo

Edit - what a stupid thing for him to Correa to do , he was going nowhere , Juve should be through now

I don’t think you could ever decide who is better, like you say personal choice. I’d rather have Ronaldo in my team, but I don’t think anyone could argue against the talents of either

D

Deleted member 16999

The only downside of that Juventus match was Chiellini’s behaviour!

Hope they get Barca in the next round, once Barca qualify.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Man City result almost slipping under the radar tonight.

Really glad to see Foden getting game time and taking his chances with good performances. Hope Pep continues to give him opportunities as he could develop into a brilliant player

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s him hiding behind the post then sneaking along.:)
You'd have thought at some point one of the defenders would have given the keeper a shout. Feel sorry for him although hew should have checked as well.

Another great comeback from Ronaldo. Building up to be a brilliant set of teams in the QF's. Just need to see how it plays out tonight to complete the line up

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant from Ronaldo. Again. We're going to miss CR7 and Messi when they're gone, don't think we'll quite appreciate how good they are until they're gone.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you actually read the report? :rolleyes:
The one where it said he had made 7 clear errors, two more than any other keeper in the league? Yeah I did. o_O

City were unbelievable last night, just walking in goals in a Champion's League last 16 tie. When you see them at their best like that, it honestly makes me wonder how they ever don't win a game. Granted Schalke were poor, but they just took them apart so easily. I do hope they win the Champion's League to be honest, other than the slimmest chance of us winning it of course. :p

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant from Ronaldo. Again. We're going to miss CR7 and Messi when they're gone, don't think we'll quite appreciate how good they are until they're gone.
Saw a stat that Atletico have been knocked out of every Champs League knock-out game since 13/14 by a team with Ronaldo. (So Real every previous year and now Juve obvs.)

D

Deleted member 16999

The one where it said he had made 7 clear errors, two more than any other keeper in the league? Yeah I did. o_O

City were unbelievable last night, just walking in goals in a Champion's League last 16 tie. When you see them at their best like that, it honestly makes me wonder how they ever don't win a game. Granted Schalke were poor, but they just took them apart so easily. I do hope they win the Champion's League to be honest, other than the slimmest chance of us winning it of course. :p
The same report that said he also has the most clean sheets out of the PL keepers and made the most saves out of them! :rolleyes:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Saw a stat that Atletico have been knocked out of every Champs League knock-out game since 13/14 by a team with Ronaldo. (So Real every previous year and now Juve obvs.)
Only five hat tricks have been scored against Atletico since Simone took charge there - all by Ronaldo and three of them have been in the last three times he’s played them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

From what I saw, that was the best I have seen City this year. Fodens cameo role had me dribbling. Not just his goal, but his dribble and shot with his right foot. He's a left pegger and is working on his right foot.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The same report that said he also has the most clean sheets out of the PL keepers and made the most saves out of them! :rolleyes:
No it didn't. It said he had more clean sheets than the English PL keepers, most of whom had played far less games. In fact Kepa, Alisson, Lloris, Ederson, Patricio, Dubravka, Schmeichel & Etheridge(!) all have more clean sheets than him. Begovic, Fabianski and Lossl have the same number. Begovic was dropped two months ago for poor performance, and Lossl plays for the bottom club! :LOL:

It didn't say he made the most saves either, Foster clearly has 17 more. Seems like it was you who didn't read the report, not me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
From what I saw, that was the best I have seen City this year. Fodens cameo role had me dribbling. Not just his goal, but his dribble and shot with his right foot. He's a left pegger and is working on his right foot.
It does look like it's not just hype with him. Looks a tidy player, clearly learning from the likes of David Silva. It's hard to say he'll ever become a starter though, with KDB to come back in as well. He's already done better than most young English players do at top clubs anyway. I wouldn't object to him getting an England call-up.

D

Deleted member 16999

No it didn't. It said he had more clean sheets than the English PL keepers, most of whom had played far less games. In fact Kepa, Alisson, Lloris, Ederson, Patricio, Dubravka, Schmeichel & Etheridge(!) all have more clean sheets than him. Begovic, Fabianski and Lossl have the same number. Begovic was dropped two months ago for poor performance, and Lossl plays for the bottom club! :LOL:

It didn't say he made the most saves either, Foster clearly has 17 more. Seems like it was you who didn't read the report, not me.
You’re being pedantic as we are talking about English keepers, apologies on the most saves, I meant less goals conceded, but that’s another stat you’ve ignored. :sleep: