And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 18588

There not stupid enough to do it in front of sky cameras.
Sneaky from behind nothing worse .

If he had connected properly , how many people are in jail for a lot longer for one punch?
Just Google “one punch landed in jail” you will see he is lucky he never hurt Grelish or he would be doing a lot longer.

He will do six if that.
If you want to stop this I don’t think that’s strong enough detergent.
Some do I don’t!

Problem is that there doesn't seem to be anything that's a deterrent.

At the extreme level we continued to have murders committed even when there was a death penalty.

This revolting mindless individual will quite possibly suffer very little.

Back out in a few weeks and bigging himself up to his equally moronic mates.

As for losing his job; he's a "pub worker" in Rubery. What do you think are the standards required for that?

I wish I could offer a solution but this is a bigger problem than some idiot getting onto a football pitch.

D

Deleted member 16999

Problem is that there doesn't seem to be anything that's a deterrent.

At the extreme level we continued to have murders committed even when there was a death penalty.

This revolting mindless individual will quite possibly suffer very little.

Back out in a few weeks and bigging himself up to his equally moronic mates.

As for losing his job; he's a "pub worker" in Rubery. What do you think are the standards required for that?

I wish I could offer a solution but this is a bigger problem than some idiot getting onto a football pitch.
In no way am I condoning this moron’s behaviour, but I also think people are over-reacting, 3 small, worrying, incidents by idiots out of thousands and thousands of law abiding football fans that went to matches up and down the Country over the same period.
We’re not back to the 80’s all of a sudden!

You got Vinny Jones saying the PL should pay for properly trained Security Guards at every ground who can search and know how to control crowds!

If a determined moron is going to get on the pitch he will find a way, no matter how many “trained” security guards you have.

Didn’t West Ham use so called qualified security personnel recently, who apparently were causing more trouble and being accussed of being up for the trouble.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
They can't correct what happened in the past but they can do right by those affected. An honourable decision that means people do not have to go through more court time, have this dragged on for years and years.

And no NDA's involved so if people accept compensation they can still speak out about what happened to them.

D

Deleted member 18588

In no way am I condoning this moron’s behaviour, but I also think people are over-reacting, 3 small, worrying, incidents by idiots out of thousands and thousands of law abiding football fans that went to matches up and down the Country over the same period.
We’re not back to the 80’s all of a sudden!

You got Vinny Jones saying the PL should pay for properly trained Security Guards at every ground who can search and know how to control crowds!

If a determined moron is going to get on the pitch he will find a way, no matter how many “trained” security guards you have.

Didn’t West Ham use so called qualified security personnel recently, who apparently were causing more trouble and being accussed of being up for the trouble.

I agree that a determined idiot is hard to stop, particularly in modern stadia.

When the three new stands were built at St Andrews in the mid nineties emphasis was, understably, placed upon spectator safety.

This obviously meant no fencing and, unlike the old stands no real difference in the level between the bottom of the stand and the surrounding track.

Resulting in the stands being very easy to evacuate in the event of an emergency.

The corollary is that it is correspondingly difficult for the Club and the authorities to "police" that access.

It will always be heavily reliant upon spectators being responsible and not abusing what is ultimately designed for their safety.

Sadly this weekend showed that there remains certain moronic individuals who will abuse the situation.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Assault.
As he can’t sue him for being a shithouse and hitting him from behind.
I know it’s not going to happen but maybe it needs to to stop it in the future.

He can’t sue him for assault. He’s been awarded compensation for that. Please, try again. What can he sue him for?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree that a determined idiot is hard to stop, particularly in modern stadia.

When the three new stands were built at St Andrews in the mid nineties emphasis was, understably, placed upon spectator safety.

This obviously meant no fencing and, unlike the old stands no real difference in the level between the bottom of the stand and the surrounding track.

Resulting in the stands being very easy to evacuate in the event of an emergency.

The corollary is that is correspondingly difficult for the Club and the authorities to "police" that access.

It will always be heavily reliant upon spectators being responsible and not abusing what is ultimately designed for their safety.

Sadly this weekend showed that there remains certain moronic individuals who will abuse the situation.
The safety is paramount. I agree.
But this guy was in court the next day, when’s the last time that happened?
Normally that takes weeks.
They knew this was high profile and would be all over the news so had a perfect opportunity to set down a harsh sentance but didn’t.
Why have maximum sentences if they are never used.
If a player gets badly injured they might do something but why wait for that.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There not stupid enough to do it in front of sky cameras.
Sneaky from behind nothing worse .

If he had connected properly , how many people are in jail for a lot longer for one punch?
Just Google “one punch landed in jail” you will see he is lucky he never hurt Grelish or he would be doing a lot longer.

He will do six if that.
If you want to stop this I don’t think that’s strong enough detergent.
Some do I don’t!
I thought it was now illegal for members of the public to go onto a field of play like that, the wafty punch is a side issue.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought it was now illegal for members of the public to go onto a field of play like that, the wafty punch is a side issue.
It’s trespassing apparently so Wonder how the judge split the sentence.
How long for trespassing ,usually not jail for that.
How long for assault.

If a terrorist sees this and thinks (“sod killing some of the public ,let’s go for a top footballer that will get some headlines”)
We will all be hearing well they had enough warnings!
Something needs to be done ,but it’s a tough one because of safety

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, but at what cost?
His wages would be massive and he's getting a bit injury prone these days.
Maybe I'd entertain a straight swap with Alexis Sanchez, who we desperately need to offload.
Surley his wage demand would have to be realistic of his situation and his injury record.
Good player though wouldn’t mind him at reds.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a question if you have used all your subs and a member of the public attacks a player who has to go off because he’s been hurt.
What would be the outcome.?
Play a man down.
Abandon the game.
The ops lose a man like Ryder Cup injury in the singles.
Can you imagine the compo claim they would be facing if the game was abandoned?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Good on City.
Manchester City launch child sexual abuse victim payment scheme http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47532719
Read this yesterday and didn't want to mention it myself. Am sure if City didn't have the funds that they have available to them, they may well not have gone down this route or been able to. The fact they have unlimited amounts of brass makes it easier to do the right thing. Having said that, the warning signs were there years before this was brought to light and should of been stopped years earlier. But how often have we said that whether it is Sport, religion, celebrities or politics. Said this before about Clubs and there History. History is not just about the trophies you have won, but trophies you have lost, relegation, disasters, and events like this, events that your not proud of.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47511123

Seems we are not the only ones talking about Englands No 1 keeper
Pretty damning, confirmed what we already knew. Knowing Southgate he will probably keep Pickford in though. Foster is too old, Heaton has been good but possibly not over a long enough time. Butland isn't in the top flight. We really need Butland and Nick Pope to get transfers so they can start competing with Pickford for the shirt.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It’s trespassing apparently so Wonder how the judge split the sentence.
How long for trespassing ,usually not jail for that.
How long for assault.

If a terrorist sees this and thinks (“sod killing some of the public ,let’s go for a top footballer that will get some headlines”)

Why would a terrorist be put off by muggins getting a longer jail term for getting on the pitch and being a prat?

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I'm amazed you get to leave the house, do you do a risk assessment on everything?

Somethings are isolated, you can't stop idiots who are adamant on doing something off the cuff or even planned, just like the knife attacks we had a spate of, they're impossible to predict or protect against.

He'll probably get a few slaps from some Villains in the jail and when he gets out also, he's no Zulu material and they won't be bothered about helping him.

He might brag about it at first, but personally he's made himself a target and I think he'll go on to regret it....