And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm amazed you get to leave the house, do you do a risk assessment on everything?

Somethings are isolated, you can't stop idiots who are adamant on doing something off the cuff or even planned, just like the knife attacks we had a spate of, they're impossible to predict or protect against.

He'll probably get a few slaps from some Villains in the jail and when he gets out also, he's no Zulu material and they won't be bothered about helping him.

He might brag about it at first, but personally he's made himself a target and I think he'll go on to regret it....
No I don’t but I can see that coming a mile away, time will tell.
Not bothered about that knob.
But if someone with more sinister intentions gets on there with a weapon.?

Just an aside my job was a crane driver and I did have to do a risk assessment on most of the jobs I was doing .
Maybe that’s why I see it from a different angle to others.
40 yrs and never hurt or killed anyone!
H&S was drummed into me from day one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Pretty damning, confirmed what we already knew. Knowing Southgate he will probably keep Pickford in though. Foster is too old, Heaton has been good but possibly not over a long enough time. Butland isn't in the top flight. We really need Butland and Nick Pope to get transfers so they can start competing with Pickford for the shirt.
Did you actually read the report? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

As I see it that’s just a journalists opinion
backed up by stats that you could make any case you wanted out of.
Utter tosh, expected shots what does that really mean?
To me the only thing it proved is that we currently have a poor selection of keepers to choose from.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To me the only thing it proved is that we currently have a poor selection of keepers to choose from.
I would say it says a bit about the defences the top three play behind as well.
Some of those stats are laughable

As far as Pickford goes he’s done nothing to lose the shirt in an England game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As far as Pickford in an England shirt he's not done a lot wrong so I can't really see why Southgate would want to start changing keepers at the start of a qualifying campaign. Clearly if he takes recent PL form into internationals then Southgate has a decision to make bit not overly impressed by the contenders. Foster is too old and his time has passed and while I think Butland is a decent keeper he's not doing it at the top level at the moment

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As far as Pickford in an England shirt he's not done a lot wrong so I can't really see why Southgate would want to start changing keepers at the start of a qualifying campaign. Clearly if he takes recent PL form into internationals then Southgate has a decision to make bit not overly impressed by the contenders. Foster is too old and his time has passed and while I think Butland is a decent keeper he's not doing it at the top level at the moment

With keepers I think the championship is more than acceptable level to make the step to international , very competitive , keepers need to face shots and read the game . They get more of that in championship. Butland i have liked for years. If it wasn’t for his injury’s I think he would be our number one.

Pickford reminds me of David James during his “calamity” years. I hope that like James he matures with age and becomes dependable

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
With keepers I think the championship is more than acceptable level to make the step to international , very competitive , keepers need to face shots and read the game . They get more of that in championship. Butland i have liked for years. If it wasn’t for his injury’s I think he would be our number one.

Pickford reminds me of David James during his “calamity” years. I hope that like James he matures with age and becomes dependable
You make a good point about being busy and reading the game. The only point I'd make against that would be the quality of the strikers in the Championship isn't necessarily as high as some of those Butland could face in the Euro's where they are playing in the top leagues especially if we qualify although Schick of Roma could be dangerous for the Czechs in the qualifying group

D

Deleted member 16999

Just seen this on Twitter:

Cristiano Ronaldo has the most Champions League

Goals
Home goals
Away goals
Group stage goals
Knock out stage goals
Final goals
Goals from free-kicks
Goals from penalties
Headers
Braces
Hat-tricks
Assists

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not watching the game, but juve looking like coming back from the dead again.

It wasn’t that long ago that overturning a 2-0 deficit from the first leg was near impossible, it now seems almost common practise.

Ronaldo’s champions league (and career) stats are mightily impressive, if juve go through and end up winning the whole competition where does that leave the Ronaldo/Messi GOAT debate? As much as I admire Messi, I can’t help think that he has always been in a Barcelona team built to support him, whereas Ronaldo has been incredible wherever he has been.

D

Deleted member 15344

It wasn’t that long ago that overturning a 2-0 deficit from the first leg was near impossible, it now seems almost common practise.

Ronaldo’s champions league (and career) stats are mightily impressive, if juve go through and end up winning the whole competition where does that leave the Ronaldo/Messi GOAT debate? As much as I admire Messi, I can’t help think that he has always been in a Barcelona team built to support him, whereas Ronaldo has been incredible wherever he has been.

Is that not the same for Ronaldo though ?

Went from the best team at the time in England to Madrid where everything went through him on the pitch and he was the main man and team built around him and then he moved to a team which again is one of the best in Europe and full of stars

They are both up there with the best ever - it will all I suspect come down to personal choice because you can roll off their individual and team honours and it’s impossible to separate them. I know which one I would prefer in my team given the choice and that’s Messi but I know some people would prefer Ronaldo

Edit - what a stupid thing for him to Correa to do , he was going nowhere , Juve should be through now

D

Deleted member 16999

Just be happy we get to see them both. (y)