And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well I thought it was an interesting stat looking at the way teams are performing comparing this time last season to now - for me when you look at the bare stats it’s not far from what we are seeing anyway, some teams have made improvements this season and it’s showing in Regards the amount of points they are getting - some made changes and it’s worked , some aren’t really improving from those changes and some have gone backwards. It’s a good pointer and for me I expect the fans of those teams feelings will reflect the stat

Don't worry about the knockers Phil, its the best thing you have ever posted. (y)... Who'd have thunk it? West Ham the most improved Club! :eek::D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well I thought it was an interesting stat looking at the way teams are performing comparing this time last season to now - for me when you look at the bare stats it’s not far from what we are seeing anyway, some teams have made improvements this season and it’s showing in Regards the amount of points they are getting - some made changes and it’s worked , some aren’t really improving from those changes and some have gone backwards. It’s a good pointer and for me I expect the fans of those teams feelings will reflect the stat
Got to say that re City it does confirm what I have thought that we haven't been as good as last year. Having said that I would of been gobsmacked if we had. We just haven't been anywhere near as good. Is that down to not getting players in positions we need, injuries, or teams have played well and deserved the points. Think its all three without he late reply sing more of a factor.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's pathetic, I'd have given him 5 years ................................. that may make others think twice!

See now 14 weeks may not seem long but it’s still a prison sentence . He will still (most likely) get sacked, have to rearrange a lot of his life and find it hard to get another job for a while

I think any prison sentence small or not will make people think twice

Fish

Banned
Visit site
See now 14 weeks may not seem long but it’s still a prison sentence . He will still (most likely) get sacked, have to rearrange a lot of his life and find it hard to get another job for a while

I think any prison sentence small or not will make people think twice

But he’ll barely do 6-7 weeks, he’ll just about finish induction, won’t get shipped from either the Green or Hewell which are his local allocation jails, even though they’re Cat B, so he can’t stay there longer than 6 weeks then straight out on a tag.

D

Deleted member 15344

The maximum sentence for the offence was 6 months so 14 weeks is about right - all talk of years in prison is a bit ridiculous for someone swinging a punch.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The maximum sentence for the offence was 6 months so 14 weeks is about right - all talk of years in prison is a bit ridiculous for someone swinging a punch.

But what of his past history, if he had multiple previous offences of a similar nature, being violence in any form, the Mags can sentence up to 12mths, anything greater would have to be referred to Crown, which was never going to happen.

I think with the intent, and the nature of the intent, as in running onto the pitch, coupled with the actual assault, 12 months would have sent a bigger a cleare message out.

There may well be a ‘basic maximum’ footprint for various forms of assault, but there are many criteria’s that can increase that quota, and substantially.

D

Deleted member 15344

But what of his past history, if he had multiple previous offences of a similar nature, being violence in any form, the Mags can sentence up to 12mths, anything greater would have to be referred to Crown, which was never going to happen.

I think with the intent, and the nature of the intent, as in running into to the pitch, coupled with the actual assault, 12 months would have sent a bigger a cleare message out.

There may well be a ‘basic maximum’ footprint for various forms of assault, but there are many criteria’s that can increase that quota, and substantially.

There was no previous incidents or offences or issues of violence- it was stated by many it was out of character for him.

The punishment fits the crime committed by him and it will go beyond the 14 weeks - he will no doubt lose his job and will struggle for future employment for a while.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think with the intent, and the nature of the intent, as in running onto the pitch, coupled with the actual assault, 12 months would have sent a bigger a cleare message out.

By the same token Robin. What if it was his first offence and he did lots of charity work and hand one stupid moment?

I belive a custodial sentence was right, but even if it just 6 weeks the uoheavel will cause him and others to think twice (hopefully).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
By the same token Robin. What if it was his first offence and he did lots of charity work and hand one stupid moment?

I belive a custodial sentence was right, but even if it just 6 weeks the uoheavel will cause him and others to think twice (hopefully).

I agree, I was just making the point that without knowing his history, if any, there’s not a maximum per se.

Many factors will determine the actual sentence, and being out of character, full time work, young family etc can all help to reduce a sentence, along with a quick guilty plea and showing of remorse.

I’ve read a lot of books, I know about these things ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

So Zidane has gone back to Madrid - I wonder if he made the choice after seeing how well OGS was doing and thinking he was no longer in with a chance of getting the Manc Job

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So Zidane has gone back to Madrid - I wonder if he made the choice after seeing how well OGS was doing and thinking he was no longer in with a chance of getting the Manc Job

I think Ole has just been lucky, I don’t think any of the results are down specifically to him as a trainer/manager/tactician, he’s simply took the shackles off and they reacted, and just like a dying fish, which bursts into energy for a while then suddenly dies, I think that will happen to Utd, fizz & burn :p

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Ole has just been lucky, I don’t think any of the results are down specifically to him as a trainer/manager/tactician, he’s simply took the shackles off and they reacted, and just like a dying fish, which bursts into energy for a while then suddenly dies, I think that will happen to Utd, fizz & burn :p

Ooh, I'm not sure about that, I certainly hope you're wrong.
Where do you think United will finish this season?
I'm thinking 3rd ................. or is that hoping, no, it's definitely thinking!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ooh, I'm not sure about that, I certainly hope you're wrong.
Where do you think United will finish this season?
I'm thinking 3rd ................. or is that hoping, no, it's definitely thinking!

Sorry but I agree with Fish.
The players just weren’t playing for Jose.
Ole came in & seems like a nice guy so the players probably just felt like a weight had been lifted.

See how he goes next season under pressure.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surprised at Zidane back to Real and not sure what he's going to do to change a dressing room in turmoil. Doubt he'll have the OGS effect.

Thought the sentence was fair for the idiot on the pitch at Birmingham. He'll probably lose his job, struggle to be re-employed especially as he'll be known locally and so thats going to have a huge impact on his family too. I wonder if that sets a precedent for the idiot at Arsenal