And, we’re off.......2018/2019

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Their squad is massive though, where do you think they need to add quality? I can only think that the second string defenders need improving really. Everywhere else they have loads of options. Maybe one more creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss. But I don't think they need a lot.

All squads are the same size its the quality I was talking about.

Like Spurs their first 11 is as good as anyone but look at Liverpool’s bench. Sturridge, Origi, Mignolet?

Fabinho isn’t all that either, Milner not getting any younger.

The team is immediately weakened bringing those players into the first 11.

D

Deleted member 15344

Like Spurs their first 11 is as good as anyone but look at Liverpool’s bench. Sturridge, Origi, Mignolet?

Fabinho would walk into most of the Prem teams and suspect even City would take him to replace Fernandinho- he is quality

18 months ago the likes of Sturridge , Origi and Mignolet were in the starting 11 and we have progressed to the stage where they now sit on the bench - and both Sturridge and Origi have made impacts coming off the bench.

The club will continue to look to strengthen in the summer - as well as bring in some more youngsters that are impressing , no more standing still or going backwards

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do need someone who can open a defence up when they sit back.
Seen it so often and these days a lot of teams do that.
Thought Kieta was the one but he’s hardly played

Last night we scored first that opened the game up and that’s were we are good.
If we concede first and they sit back that’s were we have trouble imo.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

There is only one team in the country that that isn't true of, and that's Man City. I also don't think Origi is that bad, given the chance. They brought in Keita to add midfield depth, he just hasn't really worked out. They have Ox to come back as well. Shaqiri has been a good squad addition. By and large it's a similar problem to us though I should think, when the first team is that good, there aren't loads of top players who are going to come and willingly be back-up to them.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is only one team in the country that that isn't true of, and that's Man City. I also don't think Origi is that bad, given the chance. They brought in Keita to add midfield depth, he just hasn't really worked out. They have Ox to come back as well. Shaqiri has been a good squad addition. By and large it's a similar problem to us though I should think, when the first team is that good, there aren't loads of top players who are going to come and willingly be back-up to them.

There’s plenty of space in both teams for TOP players to come into. Fabinho being an example.

I wouldn’t want to sign anyone who doesn’t think they are good enough to go straight in an hold a place down (excluding younger players)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There’s plenty of space in both teams for TOP players to come into. Fabinho being an example.

I wouldn’t want to sign anyone who doesn’t think they are good enough to go straight in an hold a place down (excluding younger players)
Fabinho came in as a starter. I'm talking about strengthening the bench/squad really. If you're a top class right winger, do you move to Liverpool knowing you'll just be second fiddle to Salah? They did quite well with Shaqiri as he was leaving a relegated side, but he wouldn't be good enough as a regular starter anyway. Admittedly they can afford to tempt them with bigger wages than Spurs will do though. Our problem is that we have to sign a top forward who's happy to take 80k a week and sit on the bench watching Kane - not going to happen. Our first team is not what it was though anyway, we need a top midfield player now Dembele is out of the picture, and our full backs have regressed massively.

D

Deleted member 15344

Fabinho came in as a starter. I'm talking about strengthening the bench/squad really. If you're a top class right winger, do you move to Liverpool knowing you'll just be second fiddle to Salah? They did quite well with Shaqiri as he was leaving a relegated side, but he wouldn't be good enough as a regular starter anyway. Admittedly they can afford to tempt them with bigger wages than Spurs will do though. Our problem is that we have to sign a top forward who's happy to take 80k a week and sit on the bench watching Kane - not going to happen. Our first team is not what it was though anyway, we need a top midfield player now Dembele is out of the picture, and our full backs have regressed massively.

Fabinho came in to add to the squad hence why he hasn’t been a regular starter all season - Klopp will continue to rotate around with the guys in the middle and even more so when Ox is back. I have no doubt that a player who plays in the front three will arrive and someone of quality Klopp isn’t afraid to keep strengthening the squad to get to the level he wants. If Spurs don’t strengthen then they will continue to fall short and then players like Kane , Ali , Eriksen will look to move on.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fabinho came in to add to the squad hence why he hasn’t been a regular starter all season - Klopp will continue to rotate around with the guys in the middle and even more so when Ox is back. I have no doubt that a player who plays in the front three will arrive and someone of quality Klopp isn’t afraid to keep strengthening the squad to get to the level he wants. If Spurs don’t strengthen then they will continue to fall short and then players like Kane , Ali , Eriksen will look to move on.
Eriksen and Toby will go this summer in my opinion. I just hope we get decent money for them. Kane will stay if Poch stays though, and with Real appointing Zidane, Man Utd hopefully appointing Solskjær, that doesn't really leave anywhere for Poch to go at the minute. The sad fact is we're probably not going to have Champion's League next season either, so if we don't get it back the following season, Kane will probably be tempted to leave then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Real Madrid's rebuild has begun. The incredibly talented and versatile Porto defender Eder Militao has agreed to join them in the summer.
Throw money at the problem as always. I actually thought they were fine at the back with Varane & Ramos. It's midfield that needs work. And they could use a proper striker.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

And that’s precisely why City will end up champions again.

People talk about kicking on and progressing but that does mean having fantastic strength in depth not by filling benches with average players unfortunately.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fabinho would walk into most of the Prem teams and suspect even City would take him to replace Fernandinho- he is quality

18 months ago the likes of Sturridge , Origi and Mignolet were in the starting 11 and we have progressed to the stage where they now sit on the bench - and both Sturridge and Origi have made impacts coming off the bench.

The club will continue to look to strengthen in the summer - as well as bring in some more youngsters that are impressing , no more standing still or going backwards

Maybe bottom half yeah but not top 6, Klopp didn’t trust him to start last night did he?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe bottom half yeah but not top 6, Klopp didn’t trust him to start last night did he?
Are you being serious? Fabinho is really good. He would walk into the Arsenal team, he would certainly start for us as well. He'd have a strong case at United although maybe rotate with Matic. Sarri probably wouldn't use him at Chelsea but he's an idiot. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you being serious? Fabinho is really good. He would walk into the Arsenal team, he would certainly start for us as well. He'd have a strong case at United although maybe rotate with Matic. Sarri probably wouldn't use him at Chelsea but he's an idiot. :LOL:

Don’t be stupid.: Sarri would play him up front

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s called rotation, Fab started at the weekend and will start on Sunday , he played in the first leg , he is a classy quality player who would be in tbe starting line more often than not at most top clubs .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s called rotation, Fab started at the weekend and will start on Sunday , he played in the first leg , he is a classy quality player who would be in tbe starting line more often than not at most top clubs .

If rice turned into half the player fab is now I’d be delighted .

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
The only thing Liverpool are short of now is a defence unlocker. Someone who will find the pass to win a game 1-0 when the oppo has sat back all game.

Other than that, someone of real quality to challenge and rotate with the front 3 would be my next priority. They must be close to exhaustion.