And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
F and D. When i did notice Rice playing. I was suprised how far up the field he was. It had been touted that City are interested in him as a replacement. But he was playing more advanced than i thought. Is that his normal position.

He normally floats across the middle in front of the defence doing the simple stuff well. I was very impressed with Ben Johnson at Left back last night making his first team debut, looks like he can defend, obviously throwing him in at Left Back (he is a natural right back) vs one of the best teams in World Football up against the former PFA player of the year and then 2nd half probably the PFA player of the year is a heck of an introduction and if he got torn apart it would have been understandable but Rice really helped him out and he was calm and played the offside trap well and generally stood up to people. He got isolated once but that is okay.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I the only
Yes don’t know why it quoted you twice,once is enough.

Unfortunately unlike some debating every occurrence takes time and I can’t be bothered.

Love Man Utd hate Liverpool just as much.
I don’t think I need to mention again how unbearable it will be if you win the league,however once again as I’ve said on many occasions Klopp has done a great job and I will actually say well done to Liverpool.

Klopp is a good manager but he hasn’t won anything in England and I really don’t see Liverpool winning the league, not whist City are as strong as they are.

Next year will be even more competitive in my opinion.

Liverpool are suffering a bit with nerves but last night was the perfect game for them to build confidence and go again. Next crunch game against a better side you will see another edgy performance.

I just think the weight of expectation and having not won the league in almost 30 years is going to prove too much of a burden.

Might have been different without City around but City are relentless and will not allow Liverpool to have a cushion which IMO is the only way they will get over the line.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
F and D. When i did notice Rice playing. I was suprised how far up the field he was. It had been touted that City are interested in him as a replacement. But he was playing more advanced than i thought. Is that his normal position.
According to this, Rice's average position was the deepest midfielder as usual: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ier-League-2018-2019-Manchester-City-West-Ham (click on Player Positions down below the pie charts).

Al answer to the sensible question , not the one that contributes nowt a little later.
Strictly speaking its not just Man City. It also covers Manchester City groups other clubs it owns in Spain, China Australia Uraguay etc etc. In essence Puma get a global deal especially in China. They were on about it on the radio saying how much coverage puma will be getting. How the money gets shared out. Watch this space. What it does mean is tashyboy will be getting some more Nike golf gear on the cheap at the end of the season. 😁
Why does it mean that?

D

Deleted member 15344

Fulham sack Raneri - no idea what’s happened at the club but seems to me they should have given the previous manager the full season

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
According to this, Rice's average position was the deepest midfielder as usual: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ier-League-2018-2019-Manchester-City-West-Ham (click on Player Positions down below the pie charts).

Why does it mean that?

Fortunately, Nike do Man City golf clothing. Some of it is quite good, but the wrong side of cheap. They will be getting rid of all there clothing at the end of season. Tashyboy will be near the front of the queue. The deal for City going to Puma has been the worst kept secret in football this year, they have already started flogging City clothing off on the cheap in there Nike outlets 😉😁

Tashyboy

Visit site
Am I the only

Klopp is a good manager but he hasn’t won anything in England and I really don’t see Liverpool winning the league, not whist City are as strong as they are.

Next year will be even more competitive in my opinion.

Liverpool are suffering a bit with nerves but last night was the perfect game for them to build confidence and go again. Next crunch game against a better side you will see another edgy performance.

I just think the weight of expectation and having not won the league in almost 30 years is going to prove too much of a burden.

Might have been different without City around but City are relentless and will not allow Liverpool to have a cushion which IMO is the only way they will get over the line.

Saw some stats the other day re Pep Guadiola. During his time as a manager in Spain, Germany and England. With the amount of trophies he has won, it equates to a trophy every 23 games 😳

Tashyboy

Visit site

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Saw some stats the other day re Pep Guadiola. During his time as a manager in Spain, Germany and England. With the amount of trophies he has won, it equates to a trophy every 23 games 😳

Tbf, i'd imagine the clubs he's managed probably average 2 trophies a season with out without him...

It's gonna be interesting where he goes next. Hopefully not PSG for more CV padding.

D

Deleted member 15344

So it looks like Kane has avoided punishment for the “aimed headbutt”

But the reason why is because the ref saw it -

So why if the ref saw Kane aim a headbutt at a player didn’t he do something - Obviously a red card if he made contact but clearly a yellow for the intent ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
He normally floats across the middle in front of the defence doing the simple stuff well. I was very impressed with Ben Johnson at Left back last night making his first team debut, looks like he can defend, obviously throwing him in at Left Back (he is a natural right back) vs one of the best teams in World Football up against the former PFA player of the year and then 2nd half probably the PFA player of the year is a heck of an introduction and if he got torn apart it would have been understandable but Rice really helped him out and he was calm and played the offside trap well and generally stood up to people. He got isolated once but that is okay.
Thought Ben Johnson had a very good game up against Mahrez who was dire, and has been dire all season, even with 10 assists. But did Johnson help to make Mahrez look dire, I think so. Was listening to a West Ham fan on the radio last night who was ripping Pelligrini to bits for playing the kid out of position. Think the kid would be buzzing today with that performance. Thought Pelligrini did very well subbing him for Zabaleta, when B silva came on he could of ripped him to bits. At times some of the West Ham play was very slick. The Black kid on the right wing looked awesome at times. More positives than negatives at West Ham at the moment.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So it looks like Kane has avoided punishment for the “aimed headbutt”

But the reason why is because the ref saw it -

So why if the ref saw Kane aim a headbutt at a player didn’t he do something - Obviously a red card if he made contact but clearly a yellow for the intent ?

It’d be a different story if it was a Liverpool player,that is for sure.

If Salah did that i reckon he’d get 5 match ban minimum 😆

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fulham sack Raneri - no idea what’s happened at the club but seems to me they should have given the previous manager the full season
No big surprise. Was supposed to come in to make us more solid defensive. Failed miserably and the team look disengaged and uncoordinated. I think with hindsight Jokanovic should have been given more time and finished the job he started. I think he had the players respect and ultimately would have found something that worked

Tashyboy

Visit site
No big surprise. Was supposed to come in to make us more solid defensive. Failed miserably and the team look disengaged and uncoordinated. I think with hindsight Jokanovic should have been given more time and finished the job he started. I think he had the players respect and ultimately would have found something that worked

Was listening to the radio on the way back from the game, A Fulham fan was on and was nigh on begging Ranieri to go. Said he was destroying the Young uns at Fulham. The panel then went on to question how Ranieri managed to win the title with Leicester. They were having a rig hold dig and then conceded he had a good set of players when the league was at its poorest.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was listening to the radio on the way back from the game, A Fulham fan was on and was nigh on begging Ranieri to go. Said he was destroying the Young uns at Fulham. The panel then went on to question how Ranieri managed to win the title with Leicester. They were having a rig hold dig and then conceded he had a good set of players when the league was at its poorest.
I think Ranieiri simply won the league as Leicester cashed in on a perfect storm of all the normal suspects all playing simultaneously poorly in the same season and finding a playing style that worked for the players he had to get the most from their abilities. I think he got found out the next season, not helped by a few of the players in the dressing room turning against him. I think this has happened here and the players don't seem to have the same stomach for the battle Jokanovic had instilled. I think the fact we have Scotty Parker in caretaker charge, Fulham favourite as he is, indicates we're resigned to our fate and plainly getting ready for next season and I hope we can find another in the Jokanovic mould that understands the championship, its unique requirements and can get us back up again asap