And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mane’s 2nd was pure filth, played well 3pts in the bag and onto the derby now.

Fabinho just keeps getting better👌🏻

Back to playing at a great pace and hunting in packs again is when we are at our best.

That Silva penalty was on a par with that famous one years ago when Pires threw his legs into the defender to get a pen.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sounds like we been very lucky until then but if is a dive another reason for VAR

I wouldn’t say we was lucky, I think we were defending stoutly😜

That was cheating last night by the city player, enabled by a weak referee. But what was the Hernandez goal 🤜?
The Liverpool goal was just bad officiating.

Big teams have always got the decisions against smaller clubs and VAR might make that a more level playing field but I’m no advocate of it. I think it will spoil the natural flow of the game. Also what would you have to talk about years later.... Cough cough.....Tony Gales sending off in the semi!!🤬🤬

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely a contentious (nay soft) penalty at the Etihad but a scrappy win is still three points to sit right behind Liverpool who seemed to be right back to form. That back heel was top drawer. As for my mob, sayonara PL and see you again in a few years with a different team and different manager

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No matter who thinks they’ve been on the receiving end of a dive, you always know they’ll go crazy online saying that no one is talking about it and how unjust it is. Even though it’s being talked about by countless people.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Assuming he advised the teams of his intentions beforehand... I thought Marriners handling of the game at the bridge, yesterday, was spot on...
I agree. Got it spot on early by letting a few challenges go where players seemed to go down softly and got the game flowing. Was quite unobtrusive where he could be which is what you want froma decent ref. Definitely well handled.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I wouldn’t say we was lucky, I think we were defending stoutly😜

That was cheating last night by the city player, enabled by a weak referee. But what was the Hernandez goal 🤜?
The Liverpool goal was just bad officiating.

Big teams have always got the decisions against smaller clubs and VAR might make that a more level playing field but I’m no advocate of it. I think it will spoil the natural flow of the game. Also what would you have to talk about years later.... Cough cough.....Tony Gales sending off in the semi!!🤬🤬

No it wasn't cheating, why did the West Ham player have to put a hand on him he was running across goal and sandwiched by two players and there legs came together. Penalty, was it soft deffo, was it a Pino, Deffo. unfortunately that tweet that shows what VAR would look like if you had £20.
Re the game, City had 3 clear cut chances in the first 5 minutes, City battered West Ham but the finishing was the worst I have seen from a City side this year. West hams first clear chance came in the 42nd minute. Thought the two West Ham centre halfs looked fantastic. Second half was more of the same, but Ederson pulled off a fantastic save to stop West Ham going one up. Second half West Ham played some excellent football. However and I don't know the answer to this. Do West Ham have some injuries. Quite frankly Sami Nasri looked like a Donkey, only person slower was Andy Carol who is the most over rated player I have seen. Those two were carried. To be honest I wanted a good look at Declan Rice but never realised he was on til five minutes before we left.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the City one was a penalty. Anderson bumped into him with his leg and grabbed him with an arm and got nowhere near the ball. Soft, but a pen.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've showed the Man City penalty incident to the boys in the office this morning.... a vote count of 6-0 in favour of a dive and never a penalty.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I think the City one was a penalty. Anderson bumped into him with his leg and grabbed him with an arm and got nowhere near the ball. Soft, but a pen.

It’s one of those that people will always disagree on because there’s contact and the defenders were stupid but perhaps the player could’ve played on. I can see why it was given. I’d want that given for my team but not against my team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

D

Deleted member 1418

There's a video doing the rounds of Kieran Trippier's own goal last night but with the commentary of his World Cup Semi Final free kick! It's very funny.........well probably not to Spurs fans!!! ;):ROFLMAO:

Got to say that it was a great finish, even had time to take a quick look over his shoulder to see where the nearest Chelsea player was before he cooly slotted it past Lloris!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On the liking Liverpool it’s true.. I’m not a fan of them as a club due to my experiences with some of their fans as I stated before.

Your not Liam Neeson, are You?

I have a mate whose sister (Preston fan) had her jaw broken by some West Ham "toughs" as she came out of the millennium stadium a few years ago. These things happen by all and to all.