And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That's completely irrelevant when discussing one incident of a penalty we should have had today. Unless you think a ref should allow themselves to be influenced by incidents from previous games, which would be mental.

The very last thing you said doesn't matter. His intention is to nick the ball away from Maguire and that's what he did. Then he was fouled.
For me, a foul is when you are late on someone with a tackle. Not hitting someone who stops and waits for contact.

For me he "won" the penalty, and i hate that term.

D

Deleted member 18121

That's completely irrelevant when discussing one incident of a penalty we should have had today. Unless you think a ref should allow themselves to be influenced by incidents from previous games, which would be mental.
QUOTE]

I don't think it's mental at all... We at LFC have had numerous players who've been partial to a dive and eventually it came back and bite them because people wised up to it and didn't believe them when they went down.... I don't see how it could be ignored when numerous players have a reputation for diving.

Seem to have screwed up my reply there... Sorry, reply is the quotes somehow! 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me, a foul is when you are late on someone with a tackle. Not hitting someone who stops and waits for contact.

For me he "won" the penalty, and i hate that term.
I don't agree that that's what happened. Sounds like you're judging that from a slow motion replay, whereas in real time, he nicks the ball away with his toe and is then tripped. Not 'stopping and waiting'.

Anyway, I see this game is over inside 15 minutes. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seem to have screwed up my reply there... Sorry, reply is the quotes somehow! 👍
If a ref was influenced by a player's reputation or a previous incident, then that would be poor refereeing in my opinion. Every incident must be judged on an objective basis.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't agree that that's what happened. Sounds like you're judging that from a slow motion replay, whereas in real time, he nicks the ball away with his toe and is then tripped. Not 'stopping and waiting'.

Anyway, I see this game is over inside 15 minutes. :LOL:

in real time i thought it was a dive, in the replay i concede it's a pen, just not the type i like, but one typical of Spurs tbh.

D

Deleted member 1418

It's on course for more than that. Probably some Chelsea fans also hoping they only get beat 10-0.

Nope. Quite happy we're getting stuffed will mean the end of the Sarri regime. Who we'd get in to replace him though is the question.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope. Quite happy we're getting stuffed will mean the end of the Sarri regime. Who we'd get in to replace him though is the question.

Who is left for you to hire - had most of them over the past 15 years 😉

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few Chelsea supporters at our club yesterday said that they wanted City to beat them. They so don’t want Liverpool to win the league.
Oh yeah, nobody wants Liverpool to win the league. God forbid. Nice to see Chelsea doing a public service in that respect by not turning up.

Couple more goals and he could be gone. It's been said by basically everyone but I just cannot fathom the stubbornness of sticking to this formation where Jorginho is consistently outrun while Kante is too far forward with the game passing him by. If it worked in Italy it certainly got found out very quickly over here. And every other top half manager seems to be flexible enough to change their team based on the opponents etc, but Sarri won't do it.

Big Sam is available. (y)

D

Deleted member 15344

893CDE7E-EA4C-4D6F-B73B-879597DFFEE6.jpeg

Guess that shows how much stats are irrelevant a lot of the times - Chelsea on top “stats wise”