And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who has been outstanding for us and not once even come close to anything like going on strike - VVD wanted to leave to come to us , he got that move whilst not in the best circumstances but he has been superb for us and right now don’t see an issue with him

Will VVD want to move on in the future ? Who knows we will cross that bridge if it occurs -it wouldn’t be the first player who wanted to leave us and caused issues

But that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to have a opinion on Pogba - an opinion that’s been shared by many people

And I think it’s a different situation compared to Pogba - he let a personal issue with the manager take over his impact in the team , and I have no doubt because of his personality it could happen again
Right up there with your best hypercritical posts

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I know he did - well went on strike so he could move clubs ? But it wasn’t about VVD so I’m not sure why he is being mentioned?

Maybe he was being mentioned because Papas wanted to mention him🙄
& you do exactly the same when it suits 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but Pogba couldn’t be bothered to play for his manager and his club - everyone could see and understand that - if you want to think it was anything else you crack on but at the end of the day it’s just differing opinions - there is no call for you to start being derogatory- leave that to the usual suspects on here

Not trying to be derogatory at all, if you felt that I was I apologise, as that was not my intention.
However, I don't think Pogba 'couldn't be bothered' to play for JM.
He was played out of position and asked to do a job that was alien to him and his natural instincts.
He was also accused of being a virus by his manager and was stripped of the vice-captaincy very shortly after being given it!
He was publicly called out on more than one occasion and was still expected to be a world beater.
If a manager constantly pisses off his workforce, their output will be reduced, that's just how it is.
JM did this to just about every team member .............................. they didn't have to 'down tools', Mourinho took care of that.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think it's lazy thinking to talk of pogba like this. Playing professional sport at the highest level is incredibly demanding. If you have someone like mourinho waging constant psychological warfare within a club, and instructing the team to play in a way wholly unsuited to a number of its players, than I just don't think it's possible to be at your best.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
2 Southampton fans arrested in the ground after being caught on video mocking the plane crash, that’s just nasty!

Your average football crowd is a fair reflection of society. Those who sing about Matthew Harding, Hillsborough, Munich or shout abuse at muslims a-la Salah just reflect what some people in society are like. Doesn't mean that they are a majority, thankfully. It's just how it is, a true mirror of society, a reflection that we don't always like to see.

D

Deleted member 1740

Lol that was a stonewall penalty mate. Every pundit in the studio agreed on that. Maguire tripped him and the ref got it totally wrong. Classic Michael Oliver, always looks like a big kid who's out of his depth.

I disagree on both points, I thought Son was looking for it and left his right leg in there.

Oliver is the best ref we have and consistently good.

D

Deleted member 1740

There was contact, I think it was just about a penalty. Not sure it was the best decision to sub Vardy on and then immediately have him take it though! Not warmed up, hit a poor penalty too near the middle.

Contact doesn’t mean a penalty though. I don’t think both were pens.

Vardy was already being brought on before the pen. He’s the no.1 pen taker aswell.

D

Deleted member 18121

One disappointing game out of the way.... Now come on Chelsea

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I disagree on both points, I thought Son was looking for it and left his right leg in there.

Oliver is the best ref we have and consistently good.
Looking for it?? He got his toe to the ball to nick it away from Maguire, and Maguire tripped him over. It was clear as day.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Looking for it?? He got his toe to the ball to nick it away from Maguire, and Maguire tripped him over. It was clear as day.

He won the ball that clearly, that the only reason was there to be caught was because he left it there.

Imo, its a penalty going by the law, but he had no intention to do anything but get fouled there.

D

Deleted member 18121

Just take a look at the "fouls" that Kane, Alli, lamela, son and rose try and win.... They all go down in the same way and that can only be because it's coached into them. Poch has admitted that it's "part of the game".

I have very little time for spurs these days purely because of this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just take a look at the "fouls" that Kane, Alli, lamela, son and rose try and win.... They all go down in the same way and that can only be because it's coached into them. Poch has admitted that it's "part of the game".

I have very little time for spurs these days purely because of this.
That's completely irrelevant when discussing one incident of a penalty we should have had today. Unless you think a ref should allow themselves to be influenced by incidents from previous games, which would be mental.

He won the ball that clearly, that the only reason was there to be caught was because he left it there.

Imo, its a penalty going by the law, but he had no intention to do anything but get fouled there.
The very last thing you said doesn't matter. His intention is to nick the ball away from Maguire and that's what he did. Then he was fouled.