And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Reports now saying both have been arrested, it’s sad how football still attracts these people to all clubs.

It doesn’t.

It’s already there within peoples mindsets. These aren’t people who have just woke up today and thought “ oh I’ll go the match and act the Kunt and gloat about someone dying” . Just like racists , it’s within them.

Your lot done it at the last derby, pushing motions and hands over faces, grown men your age. Sick.

It’s a society issue that will last at least another 20/30yrs unfortunately.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Understand it plenty - not sure why you feel the need to get sarky- , Pogba and Mourinho quite clearly had issues that Pogba allowed to affect his game - you can put all the blame on the manager if you want but the player also needs to take responsibility for his own actions - so what happens the next time Pogba falls out with a manager - you get the Pogba who looks like he only cares about himself

Not being sarky at all, I said what I meant.
Pogba 'allowing' his game to be affected by Mourinho is not downing tools.
Downing tools is a deliberate act of dramatically under performing which is clearly not what Pogba did whilst Mourinho was in charge.
If you don't know, or can't see the difference, then I stand by what I said in that you don't fully understand the wonderful game that is football.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But you don’t seem to get them in the same numbers at Rugby or Cricket etc.

Without wishing to tar half the nation. I don’t think it’s endemic of football as such. Just the type of class that generally at the footy. More working class.

I’ll be honest. I’ve seen plenty of the WhatsApp vids that are well inappropriate and have found em hilarious. Mocking all manor of horrible things, of course I wouldn’t share them somewhere so high profile as at a match!

D

Deleted member 15344

Not being sarky at all, I said what I meant.
Pogba 'allowing' his game to be affected by Mourinho is not downing tools.
Downing tools is a deliberate act of dramatically under performing which is clearly not what Pogba did whilst Mourinho was in charge.
If you don't know, or can't see the difference, then I stand by what I said in that you don't fully understand the wonderful game that is football.

Sorry but Pogba couldn’t be bothered to play for his manager and his club - everyone could see and understand that - if you want to think it was anything else you crack on but at the end of the day it’s just differing opinions - there is no call for you to start being derogatory- leave that to the usual suspects on here

D

Deleted member 16999

It doesn’t.

It’s already there within peoples mindsets. These aren’t people who have just woke up today and thought “ oh I’ll go the match and act the Kunt and gloat about someone dying” . Just like racists , it’s within them.

Your lot done it at the last derby, pushing motions and hands over faces, grown men your age. Sick.

It’s a society issue that will last at least anothe4 20/30yrs unfortunately.
But they are paying money in the pretence of supporting a Club, some of these people have turned out to highly educated, professional people and are unlikely to believe it’s acceptable to behave like that anywhere else in society.
Social media is also showing a rise in young people getting involved.
Certainly agree it’s a society issue, but football is their focal point.

D

Deleted member 16999

Without wishing to tar half the nation. I don’t think it’s endemic of football as such. Just the type of class that generally at the footy. More working class.

I’ll be honest. I’ve seen plenty of the WhatsApp vids that are well inappropriate and have found em hilarious. Mocking all manor of horrible things, of course I wouldn’t share them somewhere so high profile as at a match!
Sadly it’s the few that get the majority the bad name.
Even looking at the link to the Watford paper Job linked, further down the link there was a report of 8 people on a train arrested carrying knives and a report of women fighting in the street, but it’s the football that makes the headline.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry but Pogba couldn’t be bothered to play for his manager and his club - everyone could see and understand that - if you want to think it was anything else you crack on but at the end of the day it’s just differing opinions - there is no call for you to start being derogatory- leave that to the usual suspects on here

Tbf though Phil. That is EXACTLY what vvd did with us.

D

Deleted member 1740

But they are paying money in the pretence of supporting a Club, some of these people have turned out to highly educated, professional people and are unlikely to believe it’s acceptable to behave like that anywhere else in society.
Social media is also showing a rise in young people getting involved.
Certainly agree it’s a society issue, but football is their focal point.

Football is tribal, when you go the game it’s easy to fall into the tribalism and lose all sense of reality but when your of good character you tend to realise before it goes too far. Those who let it go too far are usually of a certain type of person.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tbf though Phil. That is EXACTLY what vvd did with us.

I know he did - well went on strike so he could move clubs ? But it wasn’t about VVD so I’m not sure why he is being mentioned?

D

Deleted member 1740

We all have.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I know he did - well went on strike so he could move clubs ? But it wasn’t about VVD so I’m not sure why he is being mentioned?

You have in the past, and now referred to Pogbas poor form and attitude, as well as commenting along the lines of not being able to rely on a player like that. I’m not going back through 400 pages to prove it.

But quite simply, my point is that you have a player just like that at your club.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes. When he was even fit to play. He gave away I believe 3 pens in like 6 games for tackles you just know he doesn’t make now. Not saying he did it to force us to lose, just that he couldn’t care less.

He was genuinely poorer for us than Pogba has been for Utd.
It’s funny but it’s becoming a recurring theme slagging off other teams players when your own team players are doing the same.
All from someone who doesn’t care about other teams.

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s funny but it’s becoming a recurring theme slagging off other teams players when your own team players are doing the same.
All from someone who doesn’t care about other teams.
But when it’s pointed out, he blames the usual suspects being derogatory.

D

Deleted member 1740

You have in the past, and now referred to Pogbas poor form and attitude, as well as commenting along the lines of not being able to rely on a player like that. I’m not going back through 400 pages to prove it.

But quite simply, my point is that you have a player just like that at your club.

So because VVD plays for us and he downed tools at Southampton,we cant have an opinion on Pogba?
Or just Phil? 😉

D

Deleted member 15344

Who has been outstanding for us and not once even come close to anything like going on strike - VVD wanted to leave to come to us , he got that move whilst not in the best circumstances but he has been superb for us and right now don’t see an issue with him

Will VVD want to move on in the future ? Who knows we will cross that bridge if it occurs -it wouldn’t be the first player who wanted to leave us and caused issues

But that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to have a opinion on Pogba - an opinion that’s been shared by many people

And I think it’s a different situation compared to Pogba - he let a personal issue with the manager take over his impact in the team , and I have no doubt because of his personality it could happen again

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So because VVD plays for us and he downed tools at Southampton,we cant have an opinion on Pogba?

I’m not saying you can’t have an opinion, Where have I said that? My comment was in regards to one persons suggestion that they wouldn’t trust a player like that. When they trust a player just like him.

The fact he played for us means I can commment on it as I saw it unfold, but it wasn’t said with any resentment towards him. I’ve seen enough leave us for bigger things. Just thought it was hypocritical to use that angle to comment on pogba.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Who has been outstanding for us and not once even come close to anything like going on strike - VVD wanted to leave to come to us , he got that move whilst not in the best circumstances but he has been superb for us and right now don’t see an issue with him

Will VVD want to move on in the future ? Who knows we will cross that bridge if it occurs -it wouldn’t be the first player who wanted to leave us and caused issues

But it’s a different situation compared to Pogba - he let a personal issue with the manager take over his impact in the team , and I have no doubt because of his personality it could happen again

He became upset at his club and acted unprofessionally.

That could be said for both players. I’m not sure why one player is a concern and the other is welcomed with open arms. Other than For one reason, one of the players is performing well for your team and one isn’t.

Your final point is entirely hypothetical, but I’d argue that a player that completely downs tools is more of a concern than a player appears to drop a level when unhappy.