And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Nigel Clough stated, I think after the first leg v City, that Phil Foden's weekly wage was larger than his entire team's weekly wage. That's not just a pop at City, it would apply to many PL teams but Foden is just a young squad player at this moment.

The point being made, already stated on here, is about how well Pochitteno is doing. Agreed.

Whilst others have splashed the cash he’s doing a pretty decent job with the squad that he’s got.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but “appears” to impede means nothing

The ref could have seen it and deemed it not impeding ..

Yet the offside was clearly offside and incorrect

There lies the difference

One is interpretation and one is clear incorrect

VAR would only rule out one of them.. the other isn’t a clear error 👌

Doesn’t VAR look at every single goal scored and so VAR would look at the West Ham goal last night and then a ref could see the build and there is every chance the West Ham goal is chalked off for Noble impeding Noble

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst others have splashed the cash he’s doing a pretty decent job with the squad that he’s got.
Spot on
You have actually to give Spurs massive credit for getting Kane to sign a new deal,I’m sure he could have got loads more elsewhere.
If Ozil is on 350k a week 500k wasn’t out of the equation.
What’s he on?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Havent Arsenal fans had a 10 year injury crisis - not sure if it was ever mentioned, each year.:cautious:

All clubs moan about injuries, even Tashy has, and they have 418 good players.

There's a differance between moan and stating a fact. What I do find odd is that Liverpool fans are having to defend themselves, why? They are top of the league and have lost one game. Are still on for joining the original Centurions. Am sure they would of took that at the start of the season.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t VAR look at every single goal scored and so VAR would look at the West Ham goal last night and then a ref could see the build and there is every chance the West Ham goal is chalked off for Noble impeding Noble

Whilst there may be a slim chance.. I say slim chance because it wasn’t a foul. The Liverpool goal would be 100% chalked off ..

For me city will win tomorrow go top of league and Liverpool will choke a bit because city know how to close a title

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Either way it’s “appears” to impede there is nothing to say the ref didn’t see it and didn’t deem it foul

The offside however is a clear and obvious error

True, but surely that works for all incidents. Lino either didn’t see the offside or he got it wrong. Same for the foul by noble. Either ref didn’t see it, or he made the wrong call imo. I’m sure all fans that got the benefit from either would take em, and those that had em against would cry foul.

Obvisouly the offside is a clear one to prove, but the other imo was just as blatant.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Spot on
You have actually to give Spurs massive credit for getting Kane to sign a new deal,I’m sure he could have got loads more elsewhere.
If Ozil is on 350k a week 500k wasn’t out of the equation.
What’s he on?
Not sure,but got to be £200k+.

Credit to Ozil for milking so much out of Arsenal tho 😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It’s entirely down to fan base

It’s the arrogance of Liverpool fans , not talking about anyone on here.. but in most people’s experience of Liverpool fans it’s easier to find a moaning fan than a respectful one

However I’m yet to come across a city fan who wasn’t down to earth

Cheers Paul 😘😁🤗

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True, but surely that works for all incidents. Lino either didn’t see the offside or he got it wrong. Same for the foul by noble. Either ref didn’t see it, or he made the wrong call imo. I’m sure all fans that got the benefit from either would take em, and those that had em against would cry foul.

Obvisouly the offside is a clear one to prove, but the other imo was just as blatant.
The assumption with the “foul” is that Kieta would make it there in time or actually be able to bully Antonio off the ball

Too many ifs and buts

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nigel Clough stated, I think after the first leg v City, that Phil Foden's weekly wage was larger than his entire team's weekly wage. That's not just a pop at City, it would apply to many PL teams but Foden is just a young squad player at this moment.

The point being made, already stated on here, is about how well Pochitteno is doing. Agreed.

I nit sure it’s Potch that deserves the praise in regards to the wage bill. That’s down to Levy. I don’t think many would argue that the spurs players could get more elsewhere. So the fat they pay them less than market value doesn’t imo mean squat in regards to Pochettino as a manger.

Btw, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve praise for how he’s improved said players, just that wages is a red herring in regards to ability. See Sanchez at Utd as an example of how paying more means nothing, or Ozil, or paying big bucks for Mangala or Morata etc etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I nit sure it’s Potch that deserves the praise in regards to the wage bill. That’s down to Levy. I don’t think many would argue that the spurs players could get more elsewhere. So the fat they pay them less than market value doesn’t imo mean squat in regards to Pochettino as a manger.

Btw, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve praise for how he’s improved said players, just that wages is a red herring in regards to ability. See Sanchez at Utd as an example of how paying more means nothing, or Ozil, or paying big bucks for Mangala or Morata etc etc.

If Pochettino wasn’t at spurs I would bet that a lot of those players would be off
He is their ace in the hole

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yeah good point.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If Pochettino wasn’t at spurs I would bet that a lot of those players would be off
He is their ace in the hole

I agree, a lot of the players will feel they maybe owe something to him, but if he’s there in 2 years and they’re still without a trophy that loyalty will vanish. Especially if they pay below market value wages.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Everton's next five home games are:

🔵 Manchester City

🔴 Liverpool

🔵 Chelsea

🔴 Arsenal

🔴 Manchester United

😳

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I read somewhere that Kane is on a £50K-a-goal bonus. if incentives like that are real then perhaps it’s a bit of a myth that Spurs don’t pay too well.

Perhaps a Spurs supporter in the know can enlighten us.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I read somewhere that Kane is on a £50K-a-goal bonus. if incentives like that are real then perhaps it’s a bit of a myth that Spurs don’t pay too well.

So if he gets a hat trick every wk hed be on par with Ozil 😳

Personally I’d say it’s great buisness by spurs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Loads of players are on loads of different bonuses to boost their wage up - makes the wage bill look a bit more respectable, Sanchez is a a perfect example - his bonuses are ridiculous but take him to £500k a week

On another note - I see Hazard has made his mind up about his future - he says he knows what’s going to happen ?!! He loves a bit of drama , remember when he was deciding which team to go to before he went to Chelsea with Utd and City also after him