And, we’re off.......2018/2019

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every team has injuries but not every team has a bench of £50M players waiting to step in when needed.

It’s quite satisfying to see that the same troubles that plagued Wengers Arsenal for years are now a reality for Spurs and Liverpool.

Too many games, too many injuries, teams parking the bus against us, can’t get the players they want, can’t afford to keep their best players, 3 games a week, etc etc

Spurs and Liverpool your teams are doing great but unless the stars align you ain’t winning the league.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its relevant if thats what we were talking about, but we weren't. We were discussing West Ham and Liverpool. But I take your point, every team has their injury issues of course they do and it has a massive impact on their position in the league and their earnings etc etc - my point is that the spot light is on Liverpool because of their position in the league, because of the 29 year wait for the title and because of how good City and (and not to forget Spurs who arent a million miles off).... and going purely on our ability to win the league then yes the injuries have far more impact on us than west hams injuries do of having a good finish position in the table.

And as for wondering why neutrals dont want LFC to win the league - honestly I couldn't care less. I care about my club and I want success for us fans.

It’s entirely down to fan base

It’s the arrogance of Liverpool fans , not talking about anyone on here.. but in most people’s experience of Liverpool fans it’s easier to find a moaning fan than a respectful one

However I’m yet to come across a city fan who wasn’t down to earth

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Really? City won the league last year with Fabian Delph playing 22 games as a LB.

City won the league by 19 points, it was a stroll in the park in spite of Delph playing oop. He cost them the FA Cup though...

In a tight title race, playing people in an unnatural position will come under pressure they aren't used to, and will be actively targeted by opposition. This leads to a higher risk of failure.

You crack on literally and pick an extreme example though. 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 18121

It’s the arrogance of Liverpool fans , not talking about anyone on here.. but in most people’s experience of Liverpool fans it’s easier to find a moaning fan than a respectful one

Couldn't agree more. I can hand on heart say that I've never met anyone who supports Man City so cant commend..... but I do have a deep down dislike of Man Utd and Spurs fans based purely on the handful that I've known over the years. I guess it's a little bit like how you dont realise how many people you hate until you come to name one of your children.

Also, nice to debate with a football fan with a level head rather than the normal points scoring childishness that this thread normally generates.

D

Deleted member 18121

read all you like I may well have said weve had more injuries I may have said weve been worse affected, ill never have said our injuries matter more than yours in the way Adam seems to think

Sorry but I cant help but have a chuckle at that, you carry on making up your own little stories if thats what amuses you (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I can hand on heart say that I've never met anyone who supports Man City so cant commend..... but I do have a deep down dislike of Man Utd and Spurs fans based purely on the handful that I've known over the years. I guess it's a little bit like how you dont realise how many people you hate until you come to name one of your children.

Also, nice to debate with a football fan with a level head rather than the normal points scoring childishness that this thread normally generates.

Agreed I don’t mind a cross fan base convo lol

I know 2 city fans who both are very down to earth

The Liverpool fans I know even though myself being 31 the majority of them haven’t seen liverpool win the league yet have the arrogance about them? Where it comes from I don’t know

personally i want spurs to win the league even though their fans will be unbearable. I just like the football they play and the players they have

D

Deleted member 15344

Every team gets injuries and every fan/manager etc moans about the level of injuries - we have had a few over the past 7 weeks but the manager has to deal with these- City are lucky they have multi millions to enable them to have a bench worth more than 99% of the club’s main squads - Utd certainly also had a lot of options , and even Spurs and ourselves have players that would I expect get into most teams top 11 but if we want to win the league we are going to have to deal with injuries and get through them

As for arrogant fans - every club has them , doesn’t mean it’s right to judge the whole base as such

About 9/10 weeks ago you had people wanting someone to catch City - people were getting behind Liverpool and Spurs for the “ non oil “ clubs to beat the billions - but as soon as Liverpool got on top it all turned and as someone said last night “ the result is for all the league “ and you only have to read some of the stuff said on here about cheating etc last night - a bit poor but certainly wouldn’t judge the whole West Ham fanbase based on what some people say on the internet.

I expect it’s got to the stage where people will at times wish their team to lose if it meant City won again - but I guess that’s the way nowadays- I only want the team I support to win nothing else , and let everything else sort itself out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
City won the league by 19 points, it was a stroll in the park in spite of Delph playing oop. He cost them the FA Cup though...

In a tight title race, playing people in an unnatural position will come under pressure they aren't used to, and will be actively targeted by opposition. This leads to a higher risk of failure.

You crack on literally and pick an extreme example though. 👍🏻

City won the league in spite of having a square peg in a round hole, and only 1 proper LB in the squad, it's not an extreme example, you're just choosing to ignore it and call it extreme because it directly conflicts your argument.

Liverpool haven't dropped points in the last 2 games because of a lack of proper RB, their poor performances have been in the final third. The Leicester goal last week was due to the recognised LB giving away a stupid free-kick. Salah and Firmino have gone missing in the last 2 games and instead of playing the fast-paced dynamic counter football Liverpool have played all season they've been far more methodical, slow and laboured going forward, having TAA fit or Clyne at RB wouldn't change that. I personally don't see an issue with Liverpool's squad depth, it's plenty strong enough to compete with Man City who have their own problems with lack of depth at LB and at CDM with only Mendy and Fernandinho as recognised regular players of that position. You're going to get injuries in a season and players at the highest level need to be capable of being versatile and filling in where needed, you can't have a squad for every possible eventuality.

D

Deleted member 16999

Looks to me like the red noses are lining up the excuses in case this year is not their year.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Relax, you’re currently the best footballing side and you’ll win the PL this year, life will then be unbearable for the rest of us for a few decades.(y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks to me like the red noses are lining up the excuses in case this year is not their year.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Relax, you’re currently the best footballing side and you’ll win the PL this year, life will then be unbearable for the rest of us for a few decades.(y)

Thank god for Ramos lol

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
City won the league in spite of having a square peg in a round hole, and only 1 proper LB in the squad, it's not an extreme example, you're just choosing to ignore it and call it extreme because it directly conflicts your argument.

Liverpool haven't dropped points in the last 2 games because of a lack of proper RB, their poor performances have been in the final third. The Leicester goal last week was due to the recognised LB giving away a stupid free-kick. Salah and Firmino have gone missing in the last 2 games and instead of playing the fast-paced dynamic counter football Liverpool have played all season they've been far more methodical, slow and laboured going forward, having TAA fit or Clyne at RB wouldn't change that. I personally don't see an issue with Liverpool's squad depth, it's plenty strong enough to compete with Man City who have their own problems with lack of depth at LB and at CDM with only Mendy and Fernandinho as recognised regular players of that position. You're going to get injuries in a season and players at the highest level need to be capable of being versatile and filling in where needed, you can't have a squad for every possible eventuality.

I could have played left back for City last season and they'd have won the league. That's how extreme your example is. Delph was (still is) also completely surplus to requirements in his usual position, meaning he could dedicate his full training program to become a left back, especially when it was apparent Mendy was out for a long time. Like I said, that square peg cost them another trophy though.

You're focusing on specific details over 2 games, not the natural ebb and flow of matches over a long period. If you seriously think Liverpool haven't missed the natural width and positional ability of a proper right back, especially with the knock on effect to the midfield players, then it's not really worth discussing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I could have played left back for City last season and they'd have won the league. That's how extreme your example is. Delph was (still is) also completely surplus to requirements in his usual position, meaning he could dedicate his full training program to become a left back, especially when it was apparent Mendy was out for a long time. Like I said, that square peg cost them another trophy though.

You're focusing on specific details over 2 games, not the natural ebb and flow of matches over a long period. If you seriously think Liverpool haven't missed the natural width and positional ability of a proper right back, especially with the knock on effect to the midfield players, then it's not really worth discussing.
Haha, I can't believe you're still arguing the toss on this. You said "Square pegs and round holes won't win league titles" and he caught you bang to rights with the most recent title winners having a square peg in a round hole. :ROFLMAO:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Eh? have you heard Paul James over the last 12 hours? Level headed - needs to give it a wobble.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agreed I don’t mind a cross fan base convo lol

I know 2 city fans who both are very down to earth

The Liverpool fans I know even though myself being 31 the majority of them haven’t seen liverpool win the league yet have the arrogance about them? Where it comes from I don’t know

personally i want spurs to win the league even though their fans will be unbearable. I just like the football they play and the players they have

The west ham fans Ive met havent had anything to be arrogant about, probably cos they've got nothing to be arrogant about???

Unless you include that world cup....which wasnt ACTUALLY won by West Ham.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

You'e obviously been lucky. I lived in Manchester for 10 years. Both sides can be wonderful but both sides, the same people, can be a right pain when things aren't going well.

On one occasion, watching a televised game in the golf club with guys I'd played golf with for years the might Boro were beating Utd 0-3 at Old Trafford. Some of them weren't pleasant at all, and it wasn't banter.

D

Deleted member 18121

I see Alex Oxlade-chamberlain has been named in our champions league sqaud for the knock out rounds. Hopefully help ease our injury crisis that no other team can comprehend. :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 15344

Hopefully cheats never prosper 👌
Seriously ? That’s pathetic - cheats ? If you can play the cheat card for a player diving then aim it every single club including your own

You were bleating all night calling Liverpool cheats because the linesman didn’t flag Milner offside - how is that Liverpool cheating , notice you didn’t say a word about Noble potentially fouling/obstructing Keita for your goal.