And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Really? Gomez broke his leg on 5 dec. Trent got injured against Napoli on 11 dec

Yeah trent played week after Yernited and all over xmas did he not. he only missed Yernited.

Gomez was expected to be back mid jan.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He wasnt frozen out, hed been out injured for over 12months, he wasnt match fit and it showed against Yernited in his 1st start back.
According to this he returned at the back end of last season, so was fit for all of this season: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nathaniel-clyne/verletzungen/spieler/85177

He was on the bench for your first game this season. He started in the League Cup in September. Admittedly it is hard to get match fitness from sitting on the bench though.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think Trent missed the game after as well. Lovren an Matip also had injuries around the time. Just did seen funny the timing of the loan.

On the upside I thought Kieta showed signs. Held onto the ball a bit to long on occasion, but definitely brighter things to come from him

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
😆i expect the same fume against West Ham's groundstaff last night who at half time had many of their staff fixing divots only in our half where theyd be attacking, no?

Yeah that’s disgraceful too, if people can’t win fair and square then they shouldn’t win at all.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well last week we were looking at a possible 10 point lead now down to 3.

I can see Klopp doing a Keegen soon.

Injuries certainly are and could cost Liverpool the league.

It’s far from over but getting over that winning line takes some doing and I would favour City to handle it better,but you never know.

Salah needs to step up again and start producing more regular,perhaps the pressure is just a little too big for him.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My heart bled for Liverpool last night when hearing on and on about their injury “crisis” an entire 6 players injured.. how do they manage?

We have 8 playing missing with some of our players have only just returned from injury!

Our injury list for last night

Arnie (first choice striker)
Balbuena (first choice cb)
Reid (first reserve cb missing all season)
Lanzini (first choice CAM injured since World Cup.. just back in training)
Wilshere (can’t overly count him.. always injured)
Nasri (back up to lanzini.. injured)
Sanchez (out season)
Yarmelko (back in April.. first choice winger)

All I heard from Klopp etc was excuses.: blaming the ref and injuries .. Liverpool didn’t play well and we did bit like when we got beaten in the cup.. we turned up thinking was easy and they wanted it more

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure you'll be mortified to find out that Arsene used to put the heating right up in the away dressing room at arsenal then, so that the cold would hit the opposing team when out on the pitch.

Martin Keoen - last week.(y)
My son did The Etihad tour a few months ago. If you can handle it it sounds very good. Anyway, the Etihad has been built with the aim of getting European finals and that means no silly games in the dressing rooms, they have to have equal standing. The guide went through a number of clubs and the away dressing rooms and the tricks they employ. Some were quite chucklesome, some a bit pathetic. Chelsea for example have the benches in the away dressing room lower than normal so that the players can not sit comfortably, it is awkward.

I'm surprised that the PL do not have minimum standards that mirror UEFA.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure you'll be mortified to find out that Arsene used to put the heating right up in the away dressing room at arsenal then, so that the cold would hit the opposing team when out on the pitch.

Martin Keoen - last week.(y)

Yep I don’t think that’s right too! 👍

D

Deleted member 18121

My heart bled for Liverpool last night when hearing on and on about their injury “crisis” an entire 6 players injured.. how do they manage?

We have 8 playing missing with some of our players have only just returned from injury!

Our injury list for last night

Arnie (first choice striker)
Balbuena (first choice cb)
Reid (first reserve cb missing all season)
Lanzini (first choice CAM injured since World Cup.. just back in training)
Wilshere (can’t overly count him.. always injured)
Nasri (back up to lanzini.. injured)
Sanchez (out season)
Yarmelko (back in April.. first choice winger)

All I heard from Klopp etc was excuses.: blaming the ref and injuries .. Liverpool didn’t play well and we did bit like when we got beaten in the cup.. we turned up thinking was easy and they wanted it more

I'm the first to say that we (LFC) were awful last night, cant disagree on that. West Ham played well, defended well, good at set pieces and deserved their point.

But I think the injury issue for both sides needs to be put into some context. West Hams aim for the season would be (according to my father in law and life time hammers fan) mid table. He's sick of the pogo between championship and premier league and thinks the aim would be mid table, top 10 if you've had a banging season.

Liverpool however are trying to win a title, we fully admit we dont have the full depth that City do and therefore out best 11 must be at their best and fully at it if we're in with a chance of getting over the line. So when we lose players yes it is hard for us, but only because we're trying to win the league. If we were aiming for top 10 then you'd accept the reality of it and carry on.

I cant decide if what I've written is arrogant, deluded, ridiculous or spot on....but thats how I feel.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm the first to say that we (LFC) were awful last night, cant disagree on that. West Ham played well, defended well, good at set pieces and deserved their point.

But I think the injury issue for both sides needs to be put into some context. West Hams aim for the season would be (according to my father in law and life time hammers fan) mid table. He's sick of the pogo between championship and premier league and thinks the aim would be mid table, top 10 if you've had a banging season.

Liverpool however are trying to win a title, we fully admit we dont have the full depth that City do and therefore out best 11 must be at their best and fully at it if we're in with a chance of getting over the line. So when we lose players yes it is hard for us, but only because we're trying to win the league. If we were aiming for top 10 then you'd accept the reality of it and carry on.

I cant decide if what I've written is arrogant, deluded, ridiculous or spot on....but thats how I feel.

all of the above except spot on, and a whole lot more.

Boohoo our injuries are worse because were trying to win a title. Seriously??? Take yer head out of your .... lol

And some people wonder why the neutrals dont want Liverpool to win the league haha

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We never had the injuries when the deal was sanctioned.

We did, at the time matip was injured, Lovren and Gomez.

Its also the busiest time of year at all clubs for the treatment table. Hindsight wasnt needed, but foresight was. If I could question it at the time and 1-2 others, couldnt a backroom staff/medical dept with all their fancy spreadsheets and analysis see that we were taking a gamble.

I wasnt saying dont let Clyne go at all, just delay it, in case the injury crisis didnt clear up in the forthcoming weeks. It didnt, we shouldnt have let him go.

You dont bow to every players requests.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
all of the above except spot on, and a whole lot more.

Boohoo our injuries are worse because were trying to win a title. Seriously??? Take yer head out of your .... lol

And some people wonder why the neutrals dont want Liverpool to win the league haha

Havent Arsenal fans had a 10 year injury crisis - not sure if it was ever mentioned, each year.:cautious:

All clubs moan about injuries, even Tashy has, and they have 418 good players.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry but no. In that case Arsenal’s 8 injuries are more relevant because means their top 4 challenge is falling behind and that’s worth more money than the title is it not?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Havent Arsenal fans had a 10 year injury crisis - not sure if it was ever mentioned, each year.:cautious:

All clubs moan about injuries, even Tashy has, and they have 418 good players.

of course but at no point have I or Arsenal fans tried to claimed our injuries matter more than another teams do, if you want to go down that road you'd argue weve had worse injury probs than you this year too!

nothing wrong with moaning about injuries, but our injuries are more important than yours, do me a favour

D

Deleted member 18121

Sorry but no. In that case Arsenal’s 8 injuries are more relevant because means their top 4 challenge is falling behind and that’s worth more money than the title is it not?

Its relevant if thats what we were talking about, but we weren't. We were discussing West Ham and Liverpool. But I take your point, every team has their injury issues of course they do and it has a massive impact on their position in the league and their earnings etc etc - my point is that the spot light is on Liverpool because of their position in the league, because of the 29 year wait for the title and because of how good City and (and not to forget Spurs who arent a million miles off).... and going purely on our ability to win the league then yes the injuries have far more impact on us than west hams injuries do of having a good finish position in the table.

And as for wondering why neutrals dont want LFC to win the league - honestly I couldn't care less. I care about my club and I want success for us fans.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
of course but at no point have I or Arsenal fans tried to claimed our injuries matter more than another teams do, if you want to go down that road you'd argue weve had worse injury probs than you this year too!

nothing wrong with moaning about injuries, but our injuries are more important than yours, do me a favour

Fair enough, although just give me 3 months to read back previous seasons threads, just to make sure. :)