And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yes you can only play 11 players but look at the 4 players I mentioned who were on the bench, players that would walk into any other side and have a massive effect on a game.

Spurs are back in it but won’t win as we can’t compete with your squad.

You’re going to enjoy winning the league more if you don’t think you will win. 😂

I don't know why I get a gut feeling that Liverpool will win it, last year City were just free flowing. This year has been painful at times. Getting beat and deserving to be beaten. Still being in with a chance just seems so surreal. Apparantly and I don't know, it's only what I have heard so it could be false news. After the Newcastle game, Pep kicked everyone out of the changing room apart from the players and went ballistic. Players are reported as saying they have never seen him like that. Maybe that could be the boot up,the backside they needed. Who knows. If Liberpool do win the league, hope to god they don't get the 100 points. Maybe I am being harsh on City who have had KDB missing for a vast majority of the season, yet we have ground out results at times. Kane missing for Spurs is a similar situation. As you say the expectation on Spurs is low, so will be the pressure. Lovely for the neutrals to watch me finks.

D

Deleted member 1740

Pish poor tonight, West ham played superb and credit to them.

Too slow passing the ball and movement wasnt much better, firmino was dropping too deep for the ball . Injuries srarting to take its toll too.

i thought the liner was (rightly) too fixed on making sure the ball never went out, he never expected Lallana to show the skill he did. West ham still shouldve defended that better though.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Klopp suggesting that the referee was biased in the second half, with some strange decisions going against L'pool, just to even things up for his mistake in the first half.
Isn't that accusing the ref of cheating .......................... without actually using the word?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Klopp suggesting that the referee was biased in the second half, with some strange decisions going against L'pool, just to even things up for his mistake in the first half.
Isn't that accusing the ref of cheating .......................... without actually using the word?
Yes.
Thought they all do that.
Ask any manager that’s been beat in Fergie time.

D

Deleted member 1740

No, its not. i can think of at least 3 fouls given against Liverpool that werent as well as Noble throwing himself to the floor.

After the liners mistake he flagged for everything like he was trying to make up for his mistake.

That said, non of the above is the reason we never won .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No, its not. i can think of at least 3 fouls given against Liverpool that werent as well as Noble throwing himself to the floor.

After the liners mistake he flagged for everything like he was trying to make up for his mistake.

That said, non of the above is the reason we never won .

Apart from when Origi was clean through and a yard offside????

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Klopp thinks to many decisions didn’t go for them in second half.....what a plonker

Going off Klopp in a big way, the man is seriously lacking in class.

His over exuberance on the touch line , running onto pitch before the match is over and last week when grounds staff only cleared the Liverpool end of snow at half time against Leicester.

He’s a changed man.

D

Deleted member 1740

Going off Klopp in a big way, the man is seriously lacking in class.

His over exuberance on the touch line , running onto pitch before the match is over and last week when grounds staff only cleared the Liverpool end of snow at half time against Leicester.

He’s a changed man.

😆i expect the same fume against West Ham's groundstaff last night who at half time had many of their staff fixing divots only in our half where theyd be attacking, no?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Citys quality of the bench is frightening - I would suspect only them and UTD have that level of players on the bench , I don’t think we can match that at any stage so have to hope for less injuries to ensure we are not as affected

Certainly come a long way since the likes of Sturridge were starters each week

Rice does look quality and can see why City will prob spend a lot on him

Yeah I get that, my comment about the relative strength of the bench certainly fall into the observation rather than criticism category - City and United have unlimited resources and the other 4 have very big but somewhat limited funds.

I would be criticial of letting Clyne go though.

You have to hope those front 3 stay fit and start firing more. IMO Salahs recent spurt of pens have masked his worst form in the last 18 months - think he's only scored from open play in 1 of the last 7 games which isn't going to win you the league.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pish poor tonight, West ham played superb and credit to them.

Too slow passing the ball and movement wasnt much better, firmino was dropping too deep for the ball . Injuries srarting to take its toll too.

i thought the liner was (rightly) too fixed on making sure the ball never went out, he never expected Lallana to show the skill he did. West ham still shouldve defended that better though.
I thought in the last two games Liverpool have lacked that pace that defined their first half of the season when they moved it around so quickly and opened sides up. Is that solely down to the injuries or do you think there's a real fear of losing or drawing games now and they've gone into a shell. Firmino definitely seems a shadow of himself as does Salah at the moment. Again, are they carrying niggles or just flat out tired? Thought West Ham had a solid game plan and executed it well. Very impressed by Rice last night.

As I said last night a great watch for the neutral, not so much so if you have an Anfield persuasion. I just wonder if this is Liverpools dip, and if so and they can get through it by drawing and not losing then it still looks positive for the run in. Perhaps it wouldn't do any harm for City to go top again and for Liverpool to do the chasing

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah I get that, my comment about the relative strength of the bench certainly fall into the observation rather than criticism category - City and United have unlimited resources and the other 4 have very big but somewhat limited funds.

You have to hope those front 3 stay fit and start firing more. IMO Salahs recent spurt of pens have masked his worst form in the last 18 months - think he's only scored from open play in 1 of the last 7 games which isn't going to win you the league.
Don’t worry didn’t see it as a critical comment

Clyne is a strange one - for months after he was fit again he wasn’t even in the squad , he was 4th choice , there were no calls to have him in the team over TAA or Gomez but then he plays once because others are injured and then goes on loan - it’s like his level of importance went up when he left

I guess time will tell if it was the right call - watching Milner or TAA etc and Robbo their starting positions are so high up the pitch it’s more about what they bring in attack and that’s where Clyne just falls behind others - at first I wasn’t too bothered he left but now - I think we miss the likes of Henderson and Milner in the middle when they have to cover - thankfully TAA and Lovren are back so hopefully it won’t natter too much 🤞

Yeah Mo has had a dip in form at the same time as Mane has his rise in form - find a way to get those two together and with Firmino not dropping so deep and hopefully it will click - little things just weren’t happening last night , the lay offs the touch’s and that’s because West Ham were very quick to close them down

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don’t worry didn’t see it as a critical comment

Clyne is a strange one - for months after he was fit again he wasn’t even in the squad , he was 4th choice , there were no calls to have him in the team over TAA or Gomez but then he plays once because others are injured and then goes on loan - it’s like his level of importance went up when he left

I guess time will tell if it was the right call - watching Milner or TAA etc and Robbo their starting positions are so high up the pitch it’s more about what they bring in attack and that’s where Clyne just falls behind others - at first I wasn’t too bothered he left but now - I think we miss the likes of Henderson and Milner in the middle when they have to cover - thankfully TAA and Lovren are back so hopefully it won’t natter too much 🤞

Yeah Mo has had a dip in form at the same time as Mane has his rise in form - find a way to get those two together and with Firmino not dropping so deep and hopefully it will click - little things just weren’t happening last night , the lay offs the touch’s and that’s because West Ham were very quick to close them down

Not to worry Lovren is back 😂😂 I like that one.

Agree that Henderson and Milner would have been better for you in midfield as Milner lacks pace and good as West Ham played he could have been exposed more.
These two are not good enough at the top level, your similar to us at the moment, squads just not got the quality in depth as the Arabs 👍

D

Deleted member 1740

I would be critical of Clyne wanting to leave in a title challenge..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would be critical of Clyne wanting to leave in a title challenge..
No doubt agent influenced but to a degree there is a sympathy for a player wanting to get matches and not being anywhere near a squad. Injuries changed that but perhaps he knew once everyone was fit again he'd be out of the picture. Perhaps Klopp could have been more cute in how he used Clyne but as your other players start to come back perhaps he'll be proved to be right and he was surplus to the needs of the team