And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And they tried to give them another one! It's just lucky Origi is crap.

Thought all our players to a man played outstanding tonight

Really impressed by Fredericks . Glad he fit again

Ogbonna gets so much stick but was outstanding tonight

Fabianski doing what he does best

Wouldn’t say anyone played bad

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As an armchair Liverpool fan, it's looking like they are not being quick enough getting the ball up to the front 3.
Very ponderous and not decisive enough, always looking to pass back instead of forward looking.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
If Salah has a quiet game, Liverpool struggle. Firmino is basic, I don't get his hype whatsoever. Mane seems to have found his early season form and was the only real threat tonight,very direct which is what I like about him. Squad very thin in comparison to City, playing Milner at RB, Lallana starting and Origi/Sturridge off bench isn't going to be enough in the end I don't think.

West Ham looked far better than they have in recent weeks.

And Declan Rice looks a real prospect. Would certainly improve that Liverpool midfield, Naby 'Kante with goals' Keita looks like an absolute Veron.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought all our players to a man played outstanding tonight

Really impressed by Fredericks . Glad he fit again

Ogbonna gets so much stick but was outstanding tonight

Fabianski doing what he does best

Wouldn’t say anyone played bad
Hate to praise a spammer but I thought Rice was excellent. First time I've really seen what the hype was about with him. Made so many tackles and blocks in the middle of the park.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hate to praise a spammer but I thought Rice was excellent. First time I've really seen what the hype was about with him. Made so many tackles and blocks in the middle of the park.

Hard to think Chelsea let him go for nothing.. another youth player wasted by the big boys

Played decent at CB last season but at 20 he has matured into our best midfielder (not hard but he wouldn’t look out of place in a better side)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your point about the squads is spot on, City had Sane, Stones, Jesus, Mahrez, on the bench and is the reason they will win the league

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Your point about the squads is spot on, City had Sane, Stones, Jesus, Mahrez, on the bench and is the reason they will win the league

The old marathon not a sprint saying potentially about to be proven correct over the next few weeks.

Liverpool on the A-game are brilliant. Lose a couple of players to injury and can look average.

City lose a couple of players and have top quality to come in and play.

D

Deleted member 15344

If Salah has a quiet game, Liverpool struggle. Firmino is basic, I don't get his hype whatsoever. Mane seems to have found his early season form and was the only real threat tonight,very direct which is what I like about him. Squad very thin in comparison to City, playing Milner at RB, Lallana starting and Origi/Sturridge off bench isn't going to be enough in the end I don't think.

And Declan Rice looks a real prospect. Would certainly improve that Liverpool midfield, Naby 'Kante with goals' Keita looks like an absolute Veron.

Citys quality of the bench is frightening - I would suspect only them and UTD have that level of players on the bench , I don’t think we can match that at any stage so have to hope for less injuries to ensure we are not as affected

Certainly come a long way since the likes of Sturridge were starters each week

Rice does look quality and can see why City will prob spend a lot on him

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

At the moment I must be the only city supporter that thinks Liverpool will still win it ( at the moment ) my thoughts on both clubs are well documented. It is all about opinions and I mentioned about Clyne going but was assured they have plenty of cover. Am still not to sure. Liverpool struggle at rb, we struggle at lb but Laporte played there Sunday and looked massive, as solid as we have looked there all year.. Yes we have a better squad but you can only play 11 players. Look at Liverpools remaining games, no FA cup or league cup final. Things like that can affect the run in. At the moment it looks like a marathon, Liverpool have been the pace setters with City hanging onto there coat tails, Spurs have now joined the pack. For me it's a sprint to the finish. Which could well be a photo finish. Going back to Spurs, when Kane was out injured they were finished. Last week Liverpool could of been 7 points clear of second placed City. Now they are five ahead of 3 rd place. With Spurs to play both City and Liverpool. Will that affect the winners, am positive it will. Gomez out for longer than expected could well be a tipping point for Liverpool. Only time will tell.
Premier League, best in the world

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At the moment I must be the only city supporter that thinks Liverpool will still win it ( at the moment ) my thoughts on both clubs are well documented. It is all about opinions and I mentioned about Clyne going but was assured they have plenty of cover. Am still not to sure. Liverpool struggle at rb, we struggle at lb but Laporte played there Sunday and looked massive, as solid as we have looked there all year.. Yes we have a better squad but you can only play 11 players. Look at Liverpools remaining games, no FA cup or league cup final. Things like that can affect the run in. At the moment it looks like a marathon, Liverpool have been the pace setters with City hanging onto there coat tails, Spurs have now joined the pack. For me it's a sprint to the finish. Which could well be a photo finish. Going back to Spurs, when Kane was out injured they were finished. Last week Liverpool could of been 7 points clear of second placed City. Now they are five ahead of 3 rd place. With Spurs to play both City and Liverpool. Will that affect the winners, am positive it will. Gomez out for longer than expected could well be a tipping point for Liverpool. Only time will tell.

LB an easy ride against a side with no one wide on the right lol

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yes you can only play 11 players but look at the 4 players I mentioned who were on the bench, players that would walk into any other side and have a massive effect on a game.

Spurs are back in it but won’t win as we can’t compete with your squad.

You’re going to enjoy winning the league more if you don’t think you will win. 😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Salah has been quiet for a while but always manages 90mins.
I still don’t get Firmino he’s to deep most of the time and when needed we have no CF.
There was some good crosses today but nobody there.
We lack a player who can unlock this type of side .
We need someone whos first ball is forward not sideways or backwards.
Got what we deserved tonight .giving it away, stupid fouls.
Really bad day at work.
West Ham were in a cup final but we hardly turned up.
It would have been harsh on them if we scored at the end ,but that’s what happens with poor officials.