And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Linesman looking at lallana to see if ball had gone out of play. Got to say great footwork by lallana to make the pass.

Bring in VAR🤔🤔

Terrible excuse isn’t it.. if he can’t see that he shouldn’t be in the job lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ref needs to make the call. From that angle it's hard to look at both positions.

Strange that no one appeals for it.

He also needs to remember he has cards available.. some proper fouls going in here

What a miss by rice

What’s happened to Liverpool’s defence

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Terrible excuse isn’t it.. if he can’t see that he shouldn’t be in the job lol

We need a linesman cam so we can see what he sees. I think it’s unfortunate that he ended up being so close to lallana so don’t really think he could see Milner. Can he really take a chance and flag Milner offside if he is guessing (even if he would have been correct in this instance). Ultimately he got the decision wrong though and I’m sure he will get stick for it at half time andon here for the next 48 hours.

I’ve always wondered why there isn’t a linesman on both sides of the pitch, so two on each half. That would have really helped here as the opposite side would have easily seen the offside.

Would that have fallen into the clear and obvious error that VAR will be used for next year? Kinda surprised the West Ham players didn’t complain more

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Shocker from the linesman. At least three clear mistakes and one of which cost a goal. We have moaned on here about the quality of the refereeing in the PL but surely the linesmen have to do their job and too many seem to be getting offside wrong on more and more occasions. VAR would sort it out but there needs to be a lower mistake rate. That said, great game for a neutral and West Ham should be ahead and Rice needed to hit the target from there

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We need a linesman cam so we can see what he sees. I think it’s unfortunate that he ended up being so close to lallana so don’t really think he could see Milner. Can he really take a chance and flag Milner offside if he is guessing (even if he would have been correct in this instance). Ultimately he got the decision wrong though and I’m sure he will get stick for it at half time andon here for the next 48 hours.

I’ve always wondered why there isn’t a linesman on both sides of the pitch, so two on each side. That would have really helped here as the opposite side would have easily seen the offside.

Would that have fallen into the clear and obvious error that VAR will be used for next year? Kinda surprised the West Ham players didn’t complain more
Of course it would! A goal was scored illegally, that's exactly the sort of situation VAR is for.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
what exactly are Matip and Lallana arguing about there ffs. Its so blatant , we all saw it, you got booked now STFU

I think Lallana was complaining that Anderson was overreacting. Which for Lallans is either incredibly ironic or he is showing an amazing lack of self awareness!