And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pointless with a lack of creativity behind them

I was scared about playing the 2 of them at Anfield - they played one and done nothing.

I know what you mean, but you generally need good finishers. You can maybe get away with starting a solid midfield and changing it later.

I wouldnt start with Ozil though, away at a top 6 team. Ramsey I would.

D

Deleted member 1740

I was scared about playing the 2 of them at Anfield - they played one and done nothing.

I know what you mean, but you generally need good finishers. You can maybe get away with starting a solid midfield and changing it later.

I wouldnt start with Ozil though, away at a top 6 team. Ramsey I would.

Arsenal's midfield isnt solid though!!

Ramseys too good for Arsenal's bench.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Guendozi and Torreira getting a foothold in midfield here, Guendozi def getting better game by game.

Very surprised City have left Sane out, so vulnerable on that side but City not exposing it at all as yet

D

Deleted member 15344

Guendozi and Torreira getting a foothold in midfield here, Guendozi def getting better game by game.

Very surprised City have left Sane out, so vulnerable on that side but City not exposing it at all as yet

Yep it was a bit strange not to play Sane against Liechstiner - the two guys in the middle are starting to frustrate and annoy the City midfield , and they are scared of the two guys up top

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn’t see the game but listened to it on the radio,not a vintage performance but a good result.

Just listening to Ole giving a press conference is a breath of fresh air.
Certainly tells it as he sees it and never slates a player just praises,surely a cert for full time manager.

Looking forward to Arsenal tv god they are poor.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well that could have been worse

Actually a few encouraging signs there in the first half, less so after the break. Guendozi and Torreira looks a decent enough partnership (especially if it means Xhakas not in there!), great to see Koscielny and Monreal back, were far better with them in the team. Leno made a few nice saves too, jury still out there mind.

The downside is the unbalanced selection and the lack of a proper creative player in the side, not surprising the front 2 spent the day chasing shadows. Sooner were shot of the likes of Mustaphi and Lichsteiner the better too

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me too.

So much better than Wengers Arsenal though eh Fundy? 😂

Look what the cats dragged in lol

Didnt fancy posting whilst they were on a winning spell before xmas no?

Better than Wengers most recent incarnation, yeah they are actually. Doesnt help the new manager is completely hamstrung in the tfr market because of the awful deals the Board signed whilst waiting for Wenger to make his mind up for 18 months either.

Jurys defintely still out on Emery, but there are some green shoots of hope that had long since died under Wenger. Whether hes the right man long term is still to be decided (I expect no though), that Wengers time was more than over has defintely been confirmed

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah not too bad thanks mate.

He’s OK but the manager was never the problem, people’s expectations were lol.

Welcome back Sean👍👍

New year, same old Sawtooth 😂😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome back Sean

Another dug out win for United. Solskjaer is definitely getting results even if they aren't always stylish. Winning ugly is what's needed at times and he has got them playing some nice football but also got them rolling their sleeves up and digging points out.

Arsenal looked so leggy in the second half at the Etihad. Are they really moving forward after Wenger? There seems to be a number of positions they still look weak in. City seemed happy to kill off the game and take their feet off the gas after the third. Was it handball from Aguero?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crazy that all of a sudden United are up to 5th and only 2 points behind Chelsea in 4th. Solskjaer's position as favourite to get the job permanently getting stronger every week.