And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only just catching up on the thread, had to reply to this.

If we lose to West Ham on Monday and City have closed the gap to 2 points. Will it be easier on you cos you didn’t go the game?

Will you be asking your mrs ‘what’s for supper’? And getting on with life, or will be be gutted like the match goers till the next game?

I will be gutted, but not as much as if I was there (would be double-gutted). Still another difference again to people who dont go at all, IMO.

I think another thing can be age. It hurts a lot more when your younger, but as you get older you learn to deal with it better, or put it in perspective more.

Not having supper, still on my diet.;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You’ve missed the point, I’ve agreed on numerous occassions the match goer has more invested in the match, whether that be financial or emotional, but, imo, it doesn’t mean their opinion is any more valid than an armchair supporter.
Does a Saints fan with their first season ticket have the right to an opinion more than you?

And again, soft lad, where have I (or anyone) said that their opinion is less valid?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Paul an Dave:

For want of my limited vocabulary (we can’t all be tashy 😜)

You both are going nowhere in the league. Id be more gutted at losing cup games than whoever yous play today.

Liverpool are going for our first title in donkeys. To say match goers are more affected is ludicrous. As soon as I seen City’s result the other day my arse went, all day wed I was a bag of nerves.

Yous tell me how that differs from actually goin to Anfield to see the game?

I think a lot has to depend on who youre playing and what your playing for. If you’ve lost a game to stay 8th, then yeah I guess it’d hurt a non match goer a little less

Why is it ludicrous?

If it was ludicrous, you would be saying the opposite and advocating that non-match goers suffer more then.

I havent said that all match-goers suffer more than non-match goers, and mine was a generalisation.

It stemmed from LT saying something along the lines of "oh just accept a refs decision, and look to blame your own players instead" - I say, you walk out of the Gwladys street after 95 minutes when a ref has not given/given a pen or dodgy goal in the injury time. I stand by that. I didnt say that any blue watching at home wouldnt also be shouting at the telly, but said that generally your emotions are magnified when at the match, or in the aftermath.

Last edited:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is it ludicrous?

If it was ludicrous, you would be saying the opposite and advocating that non-match goers suffer more then.

I havent said that all match-goers suffer more than non-match goers, and mine was a generalisation.

It stemmed from LT saying something along the lines of "oh just accept a refs decision, and look to blame your own players instead" - I say, you walk out of the Gwladys street after 95 minutes when a ref has not given/given a pen or dodgy goal in the injury time. I stand by that. I didnt say that any blue watching at home wouldnt also be shouting at the telly, but said that generally your emotions are magnified when at the match, or in the aftermath.

You said non match goers ask their mrs what’s for tea 10 mins after the game.

By your own admission, you don’t do aways anymore. Does Liverpool losing at home hurt more to you than losing away?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You said non match goers ask their mrs what’s for tea 10 mins after the game.

By your own admission, you don’t do aways anymore. Does Liverpool losing at home hurt more to you than losing away?

Lets get this right.

You've said that saying match goers get affected more is ludicrous - so by definition, your saying that non-match goers get affected more? If not, why is it ludicrous?

Youve been the match and all over with the reds - who are the most passionate reds you know? Chris whit, Big bernie, Johnny mac, Ian the screw, Osty, Taggy and a lot of the other "irregulars", or 6 fellas in the boozer who havent seen Anfield for 20 years? I know what my answer would be.

Does Liverpool losing at home hurt more to you than losing away - it hurts more when at the match whether at home or away. Other things can have an affect like losing to the blues and United hurts more than losing to Wolves and Arsenal for instance. If we lost the league in the final game, that would be the most hurtful, no matter who its against.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never said non match goers get affected more than those who go the game?

What I know is, I’ve been a match goer and now I’m not. I don’t feel it anymore or less than when I did go. I just feel it.

09 was my best year of going the game, Fulham away being the best league away I’ve ever been.

Will I get that high sitting in a boozer with mates an me arl fella again if we come close? Yeah you better believe it! 👍🏻

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve never said non match goers get affected more than those who go the game?

What I know is, I’ve been a match goer and now I’m not. I don’t feel it anymore or less than when I did go. I just feel it.

09 was my best year of going the game, Fulham away being the best league away I’ve ever been.

Will I get that high sitting in a boozer with mates an me arl fella again if we come close? Yeah you better believe it! 👍🏻

Course it will because its been 30 years since, even listening on the stereogramme would be awesome. Its the more mundane matches that are the litmus test.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really dont like the side Emerys picked today (like a broken record haha), setting up and speaking as if were lambs to the slaughter (guess he expects to be when you see his record against Pep), all our creativity sat on the bench again

D

Deleted member 1740

Really dont like the side Emerys picked today (like a broken record haha), setting up and speaking as if were lambs to the slaughter (guess he expects to be when you see his record against Pep), all our creativity sat on the bench again

What's Iwobi doing there???

I put my bets on then went to put kettle on returned to see the goal.... I had aguero fgs @13/5 and Aguero 5 nil @64/1😁