And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m not getting in to this again, Dave’s post was in response to the discussion I had with LB and is confusing if took in isolation, to say one fans opinion is more valid than an other is wrong imo and it’s just as wrong to say the effect a match can have on somebody can be sorted by one being asked what’s for supper.

Given a choice between someone like yourself and your opinion on football from your armchair and a match goer that constantly films themselves on ipad and iphones, I know which one I’d rather listen to.

Fortunately St Mary's isn't to bad for this latest lot. When I was last at Old Trafford I reckon it must have accou red for 5/10% of supporters I saw. Granted that was versus us so maybe it was easier for fans(not supporters) to get tickets.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t go to every match now but I do think the bad decisions are worse if you are there.
It’s usually made worse when you watch the replays at home and that just prolongs the agony.
But it’s part of your ticket price to have a good moan and get it off your chest.
Just don’t expect any sympathy on here!!!
Same as golf

D

Deleted member 16999

I don’t go to every match now but I do think the bad decisions are worse if you are there.
It’s usually made worse when you watch the replays at home and that just prolongs the agony.
But it’s part of your ticket price to have a good moan and get it off your chest.
Just don’t expect any sympathy on here!!!
Same as golf
When you get home and you see the bad decision was actually a good decision how does that make you feel?
Us armchair supporters got over it instantly with the 20 replays from 10 different angles. ;)

Just to clarify, I do not have any disagreement that it is far better to go to a match than watch it on the TV, I take my hat off to those who are able, for whatever reasons, to follow their team, I can honestly say I’m jealous, however, what I won’t do is put the opinion of the match goer above that of the teleclapper, unless it was about atmosphere etc. All opinions are welcomed whether we agree or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paul an Dave:

For want of my limited vocabulary (we can’t all be tashy 😜)

You both are going nowhere in the league. Id be more gutted at losing cup games than whoever yous play today.

Liverpool are going for our first title in donkeys. To say match goers are more affected is ludicrous. As soon as I seen City’s result the other day my arse went, all day wed I was a bag of nerves.

Yous tell me how that differs from actually goin to Anfield to see the game?

I think a lot has to depend on who youre playing and what your playing for. If you’ve lost a game to stay 8th, then yeah I guess it’d hurt a non match goer a little less

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul an Dave:

You both are going nowhere in the league. Id be more gutted at losing cup games than whoever yous play today.

Liverpool are going for our first title in donkeys. To say match goers are more affected is ludicrous. As soon as I seen City’s result the other day my arse went, all day wed I was a bag of nerves.

I think a lot has to depend on who youre playing and what your playing for. If you’ve lost a game to stay 8th, then yeah I guess it’d hurt a non match goer a little less
Nope, we all wish we were Lpool’s position right now, but that has nothing to do how I feel about Everton playing Wolves.

So I take it fellow LPool fans on here that aren’t able to go the game don’t understand either or didn’t have the same reaction to you when they saw the City result?

Again, I agree nothing beats going to the actual game, but there is life outside the top 6.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Paul an Dave:

Swap the occasional title battle with a decade of relegation battles mate. I get scenarios can effect you.

Remember I live in the south where there are quite a few lads with scouse n Manc granddads who tell us they're massive fans.

Trust me. Non of them get worked up like you picture it.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think you’ve crossed wires Paul. I rarely go the game anymore. Less than a hand full a season. I’m not affected any less than when I was goin.

Also, when I was going it was mainly away matches. Would I be gutted about them an not give a duck about the home games I’d miss? Crazy talk

I reckon there not much going on between 7th+15th I’d say...

D

Deleted member 16999

Think you’ve crossed wires Paul. I rarely go the game anymore. Less than a hand full a season. I’m not affected any less than when I was goin.

Also, when I was going it was mainly away matches. Would I be gutted about them an not give a duck about the home games I’d miss? Crazy talk

I reckon there not much going on between 7th+15th I’d say...
I’ll agree to disagree mate(y)

D

Deleted member 1740

And if that happens, City play next wednesday and you could be 1 point behind them or if they loose today and you beat West Ham and they loose midweek you could be 8 points ahead or if you both draw etc etc......... effects everyone the same regardless if you’re a match goer or not, what if you’re a season ticket holder and you can’t go the next game because your ill or on holiday, will supper fix it for you as well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now a serious question for you Dave, forget Everton and Liverpool, upto to moving to Scotland then Spain, Hobbit was a season ticket holder at the Boro for years and years, are you saying he now cares less or gets affected differently because he doesn’t go the games?

Edit: I 100% agree there is nothing better than being at a game.

Bump for Pedro 🤭🤭

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you get home and you see the bad decision was actually a good decision how does that make you feel?
Us armchair supporters got over it instantly with the 20 replays from 10 different angles. ;)

Just to clarify, I do not have any disagreement that it is far better to go to a match than watch it on the TV, I take my hat off to those who are able, for whatever reasons, to follow their team, I can honestly say I’m jealous, however, what I won’t do is put the opinion of the match goer above that of the teleclapper, unless it was about atmosphere etc. All opinions are welcomed whether we agree or not.
That’s a tough one but if a ref gets it right and gets the praise then he should be questioned for getting it wrong.
But most of us only remember the bad ones !

That’s why a neutral prob sees more into decisions as no bias!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a theme of refs, Andre Marriner is having a very quiet, calm and fine day. Effectively anonymous 👍

Watching Lamela, another of those players who would be so much better if he occasionally used his other foot. Painfully one footed.