And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'e obviously been lucky. I lived in Manchester for 10 years. Both sides can be wonderful but both sides, the same people, can be a right pain when things aren't going well.

On one occasion, watching a televised game in the golf club with guys I'd played golf with for years the might Boro were beating Utd 0-3 at Old Trafford. Some of them weren't pleasant at all, and it wasn't banter.

I’m from Essex we only get the glory hunting fans except the loyal city fans pre the money.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133254

Nice bit of highlighting some of the arrogant fans I was talking about

This is my fav

"Was our goal offside? Yes it was, but you know what really pisses me off? Nobel [sic] holds back Keita for their goal, I mean really obviously holds him back and okay the ref misses it because he's *** but it hardly get's a mention and is called a "block" by the *** on the TV. They don't even attempt to hide their bias."

So the tv didn’t hide their biased? What Jamie caragher the famous scouser?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It’s entirely down to fan base

It’s the arrogance of Liverpool fans , not talking about anyone on here.. but in most people’s experience of Liverpool fans it’s easier to find a moaning fan than a respectful one

However I’m yet to come across a city fan who wasn’t down to earth

I think you’ve met too many fans and not enough supporters.
Having been away for footy and golf and met locals of most teams. The supporters at most clubs are usually spot on. It’s those that have no real connection to a club that almost overcompensate with their “we’re amazing” attitude that give clubs a bad name.

West Ham, Liverpool and Newcastle were some of the worst I knew growing up in Southampton. West Ham regurgitating the myth they won the World Cup, or moaning managers didn’t have em playing the West Ham way (whatever that is meant to be), whilst Newcastle getting confused between popular and great (when they got new fans under keegan) Then of course there were those poor 30 year old Liverpool supporters who jumped on the band wagon just as the bubble burst a bit.

Then I travelled to Newcastle and met the locals and realised how much they loved their club, the whole area gets affected on match day. Seeing how they actually wanted to get relegated in the hope it would get rid of Ashley. West Ham fans still imo think they’re bigger than they actually are if in general imo, but maybe that’s a London thing. But there is less of the ridiculous claims in regards to their stature.
Now onto Liverpool. Clearly they’re fans are desperate for the league, but the proper fans I’ve met, be them local or not, you can see the overriding thing for themIs a desperation to win the league. Not and arrogant expectation, more a hope that they can do it again.

Point is, all clubs have tools for fans. But if you meet enough, you’ll realise that the majority aren’t. Except for Portsmouth of course, I’ve only ever met 2 decent Pompey fans. But then again, there aren’t many of em about.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seriously ? That’s pathetic - cheats ? If you can play the cheat card for a player diving then aim it every single club including your own

You were bleating all night calling Liverpool cheats because the linesman didn’t flag Milner offside - how is that Liverpool cheating , notice you didn’t say a word about Noble potentially fouling/obstructing Keita for your goal.

Obstruction was removed from the laws of the game in 1997

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport...-kicks-in-the-box-for-obstruction-325037.html

This explains why fouls are hardly ever given for the new offence

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you’ve met too many fans and not enough supporters.
Having been away for footy and golf and met locals of most teams. The supporters at most clubs are usually spot on. It’s those that have no real connection to a club that almost overcompensate with their “we’re amazing” attitude that give clubs a bad name.

West Ham, Liverpool and Newcastle were some of the worst I knew growing up in Southampton. West Ham regurgitating the myth they won the World Cup, or moaning managers didn’t have em playing the West Ham way (whatever that is meant to be), whilst Newcastle getting confused between popular and great (when they got new fans under keegan) Then of course there were those poor 30 year old Liverpool supporters who jumped on the band wagon just as the bubble burst a bit.

Then I travelled to Newcastle and met the locals and realised how much they loved their club, the whole area gets affected on match day. Seeing how they actually wanted to get relegated in the hope it would get rid of Ashley. West Ham fans still imo think they’re bigger than they actually are if in general imo, but maybe that’s a London thing. But there is less of the ridiculous claims in regards to their stature.
Now onto Liverpool. Clearly they’re fans are desperate for the league, but the proper fans I’ve met, be them local or not, you can see the overriding thing for themIs a desperation to win the league. Not and arrogant expectation, more a hope that they can do it again.

Point is, all clubs have tools for fans. But if you meet enough, you’ll realise that the majority aren’t. Except for Portsmouth of course, I’ve only ever met 2 decent Pompey fans. But then again, there aren’t many of em about.

I think it’s very hard to find proper supports of Liverpool in the area I grew up in..

That’s why I said on here I wouldn’t say any of the Liverpool fans have the arrogance I have come to expect due to the fans I have met

D

Deleted member 15344

Obstruction was removed from the laws of the game in 1997

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport...-kicks-in-the-box-for-obstruction-325037.html

This explains why fouls are hardly ever given for the new offence
Did you actually read the link

In a longwindedness drive, the offence ‘obstruction’ was removed from Fifa’s Laws of the Game in 1997 and was replaced with “impeding the progress of an opponent.”

‘Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to “obstruct,” block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.’

It’s just called someone different - If VAR was used then it’s a chance they could have chalked off the goal because of Nobles actions - so both teams benefitted from really poor officials last night - except you decided to say it was Liverpool cheating.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you actually read the link

In a longwindedness drive, the offence ‘obstruction’ was removed from Fifa’s Laws of the Game in 1997 and was replaced with “impeding the progress of an opponent.”

‘Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to “obstruct,” block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.’

It’s just called someone different - If VAR was used then it’s a chance they could have chalked off the goal because of Nobles actions - so both teams benefitted from really poor officials last night - except you decided to say it was Liverpool cheating.

I take it you didn’t read the full article and just found a bit that makes you feel happy so decided to post that rather than keep reading where it explains why you dont see indirect kicks for it anymore

Notice it’s only fans calling for this and no officials / players / managers / pundits even mentioned it as far as I’m aware

Seems like a bit of clutching at straws

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think it’s very hard to find proper supports of Liverpool in the area I grew up in..

That’s why I said on here I wouldn’t say any of the Liverpool fans have the arrogance I have come to expect due to the fans I have met
I know, hence me saying my opinion changed once I actually met proper supporters.

Your disdain for a club is based off poor representation..

D

Deleted member 15344

I take it you didn’t read the full article and just found a bit that makes you feel happy so decided to post that rather than keep reading where it explains why you dont see indirect kicks for it anymore

Notice it’s only fans calling for this and no officials / players / managers / pundits even mentioned it as far as I’m aware

Seems like a bit of clutching at straws

I read the article - doesn’t change anything

Who was talking about indirect free kicks ? It was potentially a foul and as you confirm covered under “impeding a player”

Noble appeared to impede Keita last night which gave Antonio a clear run , it was highlighted at half time and even mentioned to Noble - it would have been interesting to see what VAR would have done with it. I’m not sure what’s this “officials/players/pundits” blah is about

But you were too busy posting about Liverpool cheating because of a shocking linesman who imo let the ref down last night

You appear to suggest if someone is obstructed it’s no longer a foul - when it’s covered under a reworded rule

No one is clutching at straws or blaming anyone - we didn’t win because we didn’t play well , you have appeared to sugges that Liverpool cheated you out of two ppints

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I read the article - doesn’t change anything

Who was talking about indirect free kicks ? It was potentially a foul and as you confirm covered under “impeding a player”

Noble appeared to impede Keita last night which gave Antonio a clear run , it was highlighted at half time and even mentioned to Noble - it would have been interesting to see what VAR would have done with it. I’m not sure what’s this “officials/players/pundits” blah is about

But you were too busy posting about Liverpool cheating because of a shocking linesman who imo let the ref down last night

You appear to suggest if someone is obstructed it’s no longer a foul - when it’s covered under a reworded rule

Sorry but “appears” to impede means nothing

The ref could have seen it and deemed it not impeding ..

Yet the offside was clearly offside and incorrect

There lies the difference

One is interpretation and one is clear incorrect

VAR would only rule out one of them.. the other isn’t a clear error 👌

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously ? That’s pathetic - cheats ? If you can play the cheat card for a player diving then aim it every single club including your own

You were bleating all night calling Liverpool cheats because the linesman didn’t flag Milner offside - how is that Liverpool cheating , notice you didn’t say a word about Noble potentially fouling/obstructing Keita for your goal.
Haha. That was never a foul from Noble. Players use strategic blocking at every set piece. You're never going to get that - unless he used an arm across him. Shoulder to shoulder will be deemed as fine.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Listening to a podcast yesterday & it said:
If you doubled ever Spurs players wages,signed 7 more player & paid them £100kpw,their wage bill would still be less than City’s.

Surely not?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha. That was never a foul from Noble. Players use strategic blocking at every set piece. You're never going to get that - unless he used an arm across him. Shoulder to shoulder will be deemed as fine.

If a spurs fan says it must be true! Lol they hate us 😂
Your correct every corner would be chalked off for a foul

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you doubled ever Spurs players wages,signed 7 more player & paid them £100kpw,their wage bill would still be less than City’s.

Surely not?
I've seen that stat, was originally tweeted by Daniel Storey on Twitter.

He usually doesn't just make up rubbish so it must be based in fact I would have thought.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Surely not?

Only reports I can find have city paying between 5.9 and 6.9m a week to their entire squad. Spurs at £3.5m.

So almost double could be plausible, if they’re only counting say the players in just a premier league squad.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry but “appears” to impede means nothing

The ref could have seen it and deemed it not impeding ..

Yet the offside was clearly offside and incorrect

There lies the difference

One is interpretation and one is clear incorrect

VAR would only rule out one of them.. the other isn’t a clear error 👌

Sorry but that’s nit true at all. VAR gets used all the time when goals are scored or not. Nit just offside, look at UTD’s penalty in Cup this year. Checked for offside and then spotted a foul.

So whilst the Liverpool goals defo would have been ruled out, there is nothing to prove yours wouldn’t have been as well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry but that’s nit true at all. VAR gets used all the time when goals are scored or not. Nit just offside, look at UTD’s penalty in Cup this year. Checked for offside and then spotted a foul.

So whilst the Liverpool goals defo would have been ruled out, there is nothing to prove yours wouldn’t have been as well.

Either way it’s “appears” to impede there is nothing to say the ref didn’t see it and didn’t deem it foul

The offside however is a clear and obvious error

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Surely not?
Nigel Clough stated, I think after the first leg v City, that Phil Foden's weekly wage was larger than his entire team's weekly wage. That's not just a pop at City, it would apply to many PL teams but Foden is just a young squad player at this moment.

The point being made, already stated on here, is about how well Pochitteno is doing. Agreed.