And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lukaku scores goals, has done wherever he plays. However, you need to play in a way that suits, he is not versatile. Play to his strengths, as West Brom, Everton and Belgium have done and he has been great.

Any mistake by utd in buying him, and he has still scored for them, is in not playing to his strengths. More fool them. We'll have him back at a third of the original selling price ;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lukaku scores goals, has done wherever he plays. However, you need to play in a way that suits, he is not versatile. Play to his strengths, as West Brom, Everton and Belgium have done and he has been great.

Any mistake by utd in buying him, and he has still scored for them, is in not playing to his strengths. More fool them. We'll have him back at a third of the original selling price ;)

I’d love him at West Ham , we could build around him

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’d love him at West Ham , we could build around him
That's a great shout. I think he is one of those players who needs a team to suit him, he won't score whatever the style. His record shows that he does score goals though and players who do are in short supply. He would definitely lift West Ham a few notches, as he did with Everton. Goalscorers do that.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's a great shout. I think he is one of those players who needs a team to suit him, he won't score whatever the style. His record shows that he does score goals though and players who do are in short supply. He would definitely lift West Ham a few notches, as he did with Everton. Goalscorers do that.

Always a great player again West Ham always bullied our defence.
Prefer him to Samir Nasri who we are linked with☹️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hadn't seen it so I've gone on Twitter to find a video.

If you watch the defender's left heel it kicks back and catches Kane's knee which sends him down. Or that's how it looks. So not a dive in my view. But this is the only angle I've seen and it is also a bit blurry, so if you have a better vid I'll gladly have another look. But yea, based on this video it looks like he tried to jump the challenge and the defender's heel catches his knee, so he goes down - holding his knee.

lol and another one with the tints on who cant criticise one of his teams own. now try and watch the video again without the tints and see what everyone else sees!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always a great player again West Ham always bullied our defence.
Prefer him to Samir Nasri who we are linked with☹️
Nasri should be joining tomorrow. He is a perfect 6 month signing considering we have lost yarmelenko, lanzini and Wilshere for most of the season

We have no proper back up to Anderson

Rumours are a 6 month deal with an option to another year

I trust MP a lot. He has worked with him before so that’s good enough for me

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nasri should be joining tomorrow. He is a perfect 6 month signing considering we have lost yarmelenko, lanzini and Wilshere for most of the season

We have no proper back up to Anderson

Rumours are a 6 month deal with an option to another year

I trust MP a lot. He has worked with him before so that’s good enough for me

I trust in MP too and a fit and ready to play Nasri would be a steal at 80 grand but I’m worried it looks like another Evra. Half a season . playing 3 times and making 2 million plus.

Would be delighted if wrong as Nasri is a much better fit for Pelle's style of play than Wilshere.
(No matter what system Pellegrini plays I just don't see how Wilshere fits in.)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I trust in MP too and a fit and ready to play Nasri would be a steal at 80 grand but I’m worried it looks like another Evra. Half a season . playing 3 times and making 2 million plus.

Would be delighted if wrong as Nasri is a much better fit for Pelle's style of play than Wilshere.
(No matter what system Pellegrini plays I just don't see how Wilshere fits in.)

Complete different tho Nasri is 31 Evra was 37

Wilshere fits brilliant when fit he is a noble replacement well I say replacement massive upgrade just made of glass

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Complete different tho Nasri is 31 Evra was 37

Wilshere fits brilliant when fit he is a noble replacement well I say replacement massive upgrade just made of glass

Hope you (and Pelle) are right re Nasri.... As for Wilshire, I’m not a fan, not attacking enough for one of the three in a 4231, not defensive enough to be part of the two. He just isn't the kind of box to box midfielder we need to replace Noble in the 442/4222. At least with Nasri you get some versatility and (on average) more goals and assists.

For me Wilshere personified the problems with Wenger's Arsenal. Style over substance.
Yes he looks good, but there's very little effective end product. Not enough goals and assists for an AM, nowhere near enough key passes for a creative midfielder, and the same goes tackles and interceptions.
The stats say it all, a goal or an assist in every fifth game, and on average less than one key pass per game. If he's not running himself into the ground or tackling his socks off -- which he isn't -- that's poor for a £100k a week player.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol and another one with the tints on who cant criticise one of his teams own. now try and watch the video again without the tints and see what everyone else sees!
Are you telling me you can't see him get a crack on the kneecap from the guy's heel?? You might want to get down to Specsavers in the new year mate.

D

Deleted member 1418

Are you telling me you can't see him get a crack on the kneecap from the guy's heel?? You might want to get down to Specsavers in the new year mate.

That's not a crack on the kneecap it's a touch at best and not nearly hard enough to put someone down. I'd have been embarrassed if one of my u14s had done that let alone a pro.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's not a crack on the kneecap it's a touch at best and not nearly hard enough to put someone down. I'd have been embarrassed if one of my u14s had done that let alone a pro.
1. It hurts when you get a stud to kneecap, because the bone is close to the surface.
2. He is already off the ground because he's jumping the expected contact of the defender's right foot, so at the point of contact to his knee, both his feet are off the ground. So obviously he goes down, that's just physics.
3. Final point, this was brought up in the context of him being booked for diving. Whether you think he should have got the free kick or not is debateable, but I don't believe the player should be booked for diving when there is clear contact. Unfortunately the ref only gets one view of it so I can see how he's made this mistake - he's only watching the defender's right foot which misses Kane.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why did he roll around clutching his shins ? And he was also in the air before any touch , he was rightly booked for diving - you were very quick to condemn Salah but as expected as soon as a Spurs player dives then its a passionate defence finding any way possible to justify it. He was embarrassing and it’s not the first time for Kane

Wolf

Visit site
How do you reach that conclusion? He's just cut inside the player and is trying to jump over his foot.
Jumping at nearly a 45 degree angle on his way down before the other players trailing legs goes near him... Rolls around clutching a completely different part on the leg but you're still convinced it wasn't a dive, definitely got some tinted specs on there. Rightly booked for a dive, Harry Kane is not the new messiah he's just a very naughty boy, no need to defend his actions which we can all see were in this instance blatant.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Of course Kane’s was a dive.
So was Salah’s.
Difference is one player got rewarded for it & one got punished.

Both players got form for it & will probably do it again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jumping at nearly a 45 degree angle on his way down before the other players trailing legs goes near him... Rolls around clutching a completely different part on the leg but you're still convinced it wasn't a dive, definitely got some tinted specs on there. Rightly booked for a dive, Harry Kane is not the new messiah he's just a very naughty boy, no need to defend his actions which we can all see were in this instance blatant.
Really mate???
Kane-Wolves.png

That's a split second before the contact, you can see he's pretty much upright.

Why did he roll around clutching his shins ? And he was also in the air before any touch , he was rightly booked for diving - you were very quick to condemn Salah but as expected as soon as a Spurs player dives then its a passionate defence finding any way possible to justify it. He was embarrassing and it’s not the first time for Kane
And this is just laughable. Salah got a brush on the arm which somehow took his legs out from under him! :LOL: Kane got a rap on the knee so a bit different. And for the record, I wouldn't have booked Salah for diving, I just wouldn't have given the penalty that's all.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really mate???
Kane-Wolves.png

That's a split second before the contact, you can see he's pretty much upright.

And this is just laughable. Salah got a brush on the arm which somehow took his legs out from under him! :LOL: Kane got a rap on the knee so a bit different. And for the record, I wouldn't have booked Salah for diving, I just wouldn't have given the penalty that's all.

Why was he holding his shins then , he was in the air before any touch - it’s a clear dive and it’s embarrassing to even try and justify it not being a dive