And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why was he holding his shins then , he was in the air before any touch - it’s a clear dive and it’s embarrassing to even try and justify it not being a dive
Lower knee / upper shin. The video is a bit quick and blurry to pinpoint the exact point of contact.

I don't know why you're acting like I'm making this up. You can see the contact in the video. Can't you?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Really mate???
Kane-Wolves.png

That's a split second before the contact, you can see he's pretty much upright.

And this is just laughable. Salah got a brush on the arm which somehow took his legs out from under him! :LOL: Kane got a rap on the knee so a bit different. And for the record, I wouldn't have booked Salah for diving, I just wouldn't have given the penalty that's all.

Look at his arms!
Who the hell jumps like that?
He dived, pretty much everyone agrees.

Unfortunately, as is proven time and again. When it’s one of our own, most fans are Hypocrites. After your words on Salah, you should have known you’d be called up on it. Would have been simpler to have acknowledged it and moved on fella.

Btw, contact doesn’t automatically mean foul. But rolling around and asking for something you don’t deserve does make it a dive...

D

Deleted member 1418

1. It hurts when you get a stud to kneecap, because the bone is close to the surface.
2. He is already off the ground because he's jumping the expected contact of the defender's right foot, so at the point of contact to his knee, both his feet are off the ground. So obviously he goes down, that's just physics.
3. Final point, this was brought up in the context of him being booked for diving. Whether you think he should have got the free kick or not is debateable, but I don't believe the player should be booked for diving when there is clear contact. Unfortunately the ref only gets one view of it so I can see how he's made this mistake - he's only watching the defender's right foot which misses Kane.

Complete and utter rubbish!

D

Deleted member 1418

Lost count of the number of times I've taken a slight knock to the kneecap by a stray boot and haven't gone down like I was shot. Clear dive.

Wolf

Visit site
Really mate???
Kane-Wolves.png

That's a split second before the contact, you can see he's pretty much upright.

And this is just laughable. Salah got a brush on the arm which somehow took his legs out from under him! :LOL: Kane got a rap on the knee so a bit different. And for the record, I wouldn't have booked Salah for diving, I just wouldn't have given the penalty that's all.
Yeah really mate...

Clutching his shin nowhere near where there may have been contact and from the angle of play he didn't need to jump, ahem dive..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Look at his arms!
Who the hell jumps like that?
He dived, pretty much everyone agrees.

Unfortunately, as is proven time and again. When it’s one of our own, most fans are Hypocrites. After your words on Salah, you should have known you’d be called up on it. Would have been simpler to have acknowledged it and moved on fella.

Btw, contact doesn’t automatically mean foul. But rolling around and asking for something you don’t deserve does make it a dive...
People don't even agree what constitutes a dive, let alone whether that was one or not. I personally think if there's definite contact like there was here, then there's at least enough doubt that you shouldn't be booked for diving anyway. The ref obviously didn't see the contact though so I can see why it looked like a dive to him.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
People don't even agree what constitutes a dive, let alone whether that was one or not. I personally think if there's definite contact like there was here, then there's at least enough doubt that you shouldn't be booked for diving anyway. The ref obviously didn't see the contact though so I can see why it looked like a dive to him.

He was already going down when the defenders left leg caught him. The booking was correct.

Wolf

Visit site
Oh and having seen the video his leg is up clearly before the near point of contact look at the thumbnail image alone it shows that clearly, sorry but with your comments towards Salah then trying to defend Kane show it to be nothing more than blind sight fan syndrome everyone else dives but not your Lad Harry. Referee decision in his case was 100% correct, and the way he has his arms up and fell forwards shows he was already on his way down and again if you can't see that its just fan bias nothing more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh and having seen the video his leg is up clearly before the near point of contact look at the thumbnail image alone it shows that clearly, sorry but with your comments towards Salah then trying to defend Kane show it to be nothing more than blind sight fan syndrome everyone else dives but not your Lad Harry. Referee decision in his case was 100% correct, and the way he has his arms up and fell forwards shows he was already on his way down and again if you can't see that its just fan bias nothing more.
I barely said anything about Salah, as usual this is all LiverpoolPhil stirring the pot. All I said was the way he went down was a bit laughable, because it was. This Kane thing is not in the same ballpark because there was clear contact on his knee which was enough for him to go down. Even if you think both incidents are the same, Salah got a bloody penalty for his!

Right I'm bored of this now.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What’s worse for me isn’t if he dived or didnt

He gets booked for it.. fair enough you move on.: but if salah was punished after he dived (which looked like he did) he would have been banned

No consistency

Wolf

Visit site
I barely said anything about Salah, as usual this is all LiverpoolPhil stirring the pot. All I said was the way he went down was a bit laughable, because it was. This Kane thing is not in the same ballpark because there was clear contact on his knee which was enough for him to go down. Even if you think both incidents are the same, Salah got a bloody penalty for his!

Its not Phil stirring anything its that simple comment you made that it was laughable, this is in the same ball park anyone except a spurs fan like yourself can see he was already going down before any sort of contact. I think Salah should have been punished as well but that is a different debate, both should have been booked for diving and to say Kane went down due to contact then defend it with trying to say high shin/low knee is the only thing that is laughable. I understand you're bored of it because no matter what you say or how you try to defend it the outcome for Kane was correct

D

Deleted member 18588

Congratulations! You and Danny Murphy appear to be the only two people who can see any contact.

One of the easiest decisions that ref will have to make this season. Clear dive since, as has been said, Kane was on the way down ad soon as he heard the defender's footsteps.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nasri officially signed now
Number 18 for the season

Contract until end of season with option to extend stay if he proves his worth

Has been in training with us since October time so proved he is fit

Could feature Wednesday on the bench

Mp trusts him so I’m happy

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congratulations! You and Danny Murphy appear to be the only two people who can see any contact.

One of the easiest decisions that ref will have to make this season. Clear dive since, as has been said, Kane was on the way down ad soon as he heard the defender's footsteps.
I didn't think we were debating if there was contact, you can see the contact plain as day on the video. We were debating whether he was already going down I thought. I say no, others say yes. To say there was no contact at all is just outright lying.

I saw a link saying Nasri was coming back to the Prem and thought who the hell has been conned into signing that old has-been? Then I realised it could only be West Ham lol. In all seriousness I'm not sure why they think they need him when Anderson and Snodgrass are performing well.

D

Deleted member 18588

I didn't think we were debating if there was contact, you can see the contact plain as day on the video. We were debating whether he was already going down I thought. I say no, others say yes. To say there was no contact at all is just outright lying.

I saw a link saying Nasri was coming back to the Prem and thought who the hell has been conned into signing that old has-been? Then I realised it could only be West Ham lol. In all seriousness I'm not sure why they think they need him when Anderson and Snodgrass are performing well.

Opinions are not lies so be very careful before accusing me of lying.