And, we’re off.......2018/2019

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He wants too much money, and they can't afford him, not with Ozil on daft amounts. I would keep him, but at 200k a week? Hmm.

so we let him go on a free and sign Banega for 20m and pay him 130K a week. How is this ever good business?

The wages issue is Ozil and the amount of squad players earning 50-100k a week! The Ozil deal is horrific because it makes it impossible to move him on too, but also means the top performers are going to want close to parity, or at least to be earning half of what Ozil is!

How long is Aubameyang going to be happy being the top scorer in the prem but earning 40% less than the wages of a guy who barely plays?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What’s the score with Ramsey?? I can’t think of 3 better players than him in his position at the club?

He wants too much money, and they can't afford him, not with Ozil on daft amounts.
so we let him go on a free and sign Banega for 20m and pay him 130K a week. How is this ever good business?

The wages issue is Ozil and the amount of squad players earning 50-100k a week! The Ozil deal is horrific because it makes it impossible to move him on too, but also means the top performers are going to want close to parity, or at least to be earning half of what Ozil is!

How long is Aubameyang going to be happy being the top scorer in the prem but earning 40% less than the wages of a guy who barely plays?

Agree 100%. It is the remnants of Wengers wage structure, and it needs sorting soonest. Too many average players on insane wages cramps the ability to pay talent. Been thd same for ages, but under the current structure, regulations, whatever, they can't afford Ramsey. I will be sad to see him go.

D

Deleted member 1740

He wants too much money, and they can't afford him, not with Ozil on daft amounts.

Agree 100%. It is the remnants of Wengers wage structure, and it needs sorting soonest. Too many average players on insane wages cramps the ability to pay talent. Been thd same for ages, but under the current structure, regulations, whatever, they can't afford Ramsey. I will be sad to see him go.

Get rid of the shite you’ve currently got and no doubt you could afford to pay him what he’s worth.

I pishes me right off when better players are allowed to leave and it’s a financial decision as opposed to a footballing decision.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can we play Cardiff City thurs instead of Man City...?

2 bad goals to concede them, defending a bit like arsenal funny enough 😜

D

Deleted member 18121

Kane learnt from his booking the other day then and jumped up without appealing. I just don't understand why he goes down like that, stay in your feet and have some credibility.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kane learnt from his booking the other day then and jumped up without appealing. I just don't understand why he goes down like that, stay in your feet and have some credibility.

In fairness there, the goalkeeper whilst sliding out got the ball first with his hand/arm, but his momentum carried on into Kane. Kane didn't appeal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't expect anything other than a home win for Arsenal today but a little disappointed at the way we played to let four in. I thought Ranieri was suppose to be sorting the defending out. I need Chelsea to help tomorrow by beating Southampton and keeping them in the relegation dogfight

D

Deleted member 1740

Not impatient, just hacked off. We were poor today, simple passes misplaced over and over, not enough chances created.

This is the affect of a new manager.

It’s common to see poor performances and freak results, both good and bad ones, when a manager inherits a poor squad.

I think you’ll see a different Everton side in 12months time providing he gets time. I think managers should get 3 seasons to prove themselves.

One thing that needs to improve is Pickfords distribution. He looks like Mignolet 😁

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed Stu. He is still moulding the team, getting his players in, getting them to play his way. We can see what he is trying to do and that direction looks good. As long as there is not a ridiculous slump, I don't expect there to be, he will get the time.

D

Deleted member 1740

Agreed Stu. He is still moulding the team, getting his players in, getting them to play his way. We can see what he is trying to do and that direction looks good. As long as there is not a ridiculous slump, I don't expect there to be, he will get the time.

You could always bring Sam back 😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice routine win for Spurs and a clean sheet, which we haven't had many of lately. Kane goal was hilarious, but Eriksen's was pure genius. Type of thing that if De Bruyne did it they'd be harping on about it for a week.

We all desperately need a City win tomorrow or else it's title race over already which would be rather poor as a spectacle. A City win keeps it interesting.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Palace for us tonight, not too confident as we have struggled against some of the teams that we would expect to beat, after taking points off the bigger sides.

The real race this season is the race for 7th place :)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice routine win for Spurs and a clean sheet, which we haven't had many of lately. Kane goal was hilarious, but Eriksen's was pure genius. Type of thing that if De Bruyne did it they'd be harping on about it for a week.

We all desperately need a City win tomorrow or else it's title race over already which would be rather poor as a spectacle. A City win keeps it interesting.

Think City will still win the league they have the best squad and Liverpool will have a dip in form at some time.

Liverpool will end the season winning nothing again.

If we finish 3rd/4th and win a cup that will be a good season considering we have not spent on players and having to play longer at Wembley.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not impatient, just hacked off. We were poor today, simple passes misplaced over and over, not enough chances created.

Rubbish against Brighton as well. Not good signs, I thought we looked decent in the bigger games but the last few performances have been dismal. Moshiri needs to get the cheque book opened and sign a proper striker.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My experience of Silva having been quite close to it, was he was incredibly stuborn. Attacking we were great, defending the opposite.
He wanted to zonal defend at corners, the players hated it, the director of football hated it - but Silva wouldn't change.

In some ways I can see his defensive short comings rising to the top again now.
He needs to employ a good defensive coach to work within his team of backroom staff.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rubbish against Brighton as well. Not good signs, I thought we looked decent in the bigger games but the last few performances have been dismal. Moshiri needs to get the cheque book opened and sign a proper striker.
We have lacked coherence in the last few games. I agree, we lack a focal point up front. CL is not ready yet and he doesn't fancy Tosun. I was watching the game yesterday and there was no movement upfront for the midfielders to work with. Contrast that with Vardy. He was barely used but he was always stretching our defence. CL never did that, he was static. I'm pretty happy with the rest of what we have but that is the obvious weak spot.

The problem with buying in January is who do you end up with? Another Niasse, a Tosun etc.

A gap until Saturday, let them put their feet up, spend time with their families. Hopefully that will help.