And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Tomorrow some lucky kids are gonna walk out in front of some of the best players in the world for nowt. 👍
Now if City ( and others ) can do it for nowt. Why charge a small fortune at other clubs. I can understand a charge. But some of the prices shown are scandalous.

City were always gonna do it for free - all part of the cover up of the evil human rights ignorers that own the club. The PR machine marches on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tomorrow some lucky kids are gonna walk out in front of some of the best players in the world for nowt. 👍
Now if City ( and others ) can do it for nowt. Why charge a small fortune at other clubs. I can understand a charge. But some of the prices shown are scandalous.
I would guess for a league 2 club a chance to get £240 every week is a big deal when you are dealing with low gate revenue and high outgoings.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And then Pogba takes the bait and goes for retribution. Ugh. Don’t undo all your good work the last couple of weeks, Paul.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How are those kids chosen Tashy? Do they have to be junior members at Man City (and how much does that membership cost per year) or is it a random selection from local schools? That's not having a pop at Man City, just a question.

Maybe if an oil sheikh wants to invest billions into my club then we'd also be able to offer mascot days for nothing. ;) (Now that one was a pop at Man City but it was with only in jest. (y))

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would guess for a league 2 club a chance to get £240 every week is a big deal when you are dealing with low gate revenue and high outgoings.

Especially when it's usually two or three mascots each week not just one. If you can get 4 mascots signed up that's almost £1000 into the club for that week. Although that does look like small change when it's rumoured our owner is losing around £1 million per year through his involvement with the club. But as one of his companies is sponsor of both the shirts and the stadium I'm guessing that there is some kind of tax dodge/offsetting against his other businesses going on.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting that not long ago the discussion was whether Man Utd would be good enough to beat Everton to get 6th place in the league. A couple of weeks later and they're 11 points clear of Everton, 3 points behind Arsenal in 5th and only 6 points off the top 4 and 10 points off 2nd place. Hopefully (for the neutrals and Man City & Spurs fans) Man City will win tomorrow to keep the title race interesting and then the fight for 4th will also stay close for the rest of the season.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How are those kids chosen Tashy? Do they have to be junior members at Man City (and how much does that membership cost per year) or is it a random selection from local schools? That's not having a pop at Man City, just a question.

Maybe if an oil sheikh wants to invest billions into my club then we'd also be able to offer mascot days for nothing. ;) (Now that one was a pop at Man City but it was with only in jest. (y))

They are all randomly drawn from the junior citizens club. Sometimes they have competitions to pick the winners. Usually there is a dozen or so kids run out. To be honest watching some of them is quiet funny. When it's kick off, the older ones just run off. The young uns whose socks reach there shorts seem to run where they want and are usually 10 seconds behind.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are all randomly drawn from the junior citizens club. Sometimes they have competitions to pick the winners. Usually there is a dozen or so kids run out. To be honest watching some of them is quiet funny. When it's kick off, the older ones just run off. The young uns whose socks reach there shorts seem to run where they want and are usually 10 seconds behind.

Does it cost anything to be a member of the junior citizens club? How many members do they have and what other benefits are there to being a member? Just wondering about the figures involved. For example, if Colchester have 3 mascots per week on average, each paying £240 that works out at just over £16500 (£240 x 3 x 23 home games) per year. If Man City have 2000 junior citizens each paying £100 per year to be a member that would be £200000 per year.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Does it cost anything to be a member of the junior citizens club? How many members do they have and what other benefits are there to being a member? Just wondering about the figures involved. For example, if Colchester have 3 mascots per week on average, each paying £240 that works out at just over £16500 (£240 x 3 x 23 home games) per year. If Man City have 2000 junior citizens each paying £100 per year to be a member that would be £200000 per year.

junior membership for under 12's is £25. £35 for over 12's. For that you get a shed load of stuff chucked in plus £5 off all games. Grandson is not a junior member and his season ticket costs £110 divided by 18 games. Tried to post a link to the citizens page but not happening.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
junior membership for under 12's is £25. £35 for over 12's. For that you get a shed load of stuff chucked in plus £5 off all games. Grandson is not a junior member and his season ticket costs £110 divided by 18 games. Tried to post a link to the citizens page but not happening.

Cheers for the figures Tashy. So if we (randomly) took an average of £30 per junior member per year and guessed at 1000 junior members each year that would be £30000 per year which is still almost double what my lot get for their match day mascots. I'm not looking to score points or put down what other clubs do but I think it is important to look at more than the "headline" cost of being a mascot for a particular club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not surprised their gates are low.
This sort of thing is what puts parents off taking the kids the match.
These are the fans of the future ,or not as the case may be.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another satisfying win last night and finally a clean sheet.
Was a bit of a struggle at times but 4 on the spin.
Spurs is a big test to come.

Really looking forward to the game tonight,both teams will score.
Liverpools title if they win,and I still would fancy them if they lost or drew.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pogba getting booed for daring to not have his leg break when Shelvey fouls him. Good old Newcastle fans.

That really was an awful tackle from an awful footballer who, unbelievably, some were touting for a spot in the England squad for the World Cup.
He wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes against Colombia.
He really is a disgusting specimen.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That really was an awful tackle from an awful footballer who, unbelievably, some were touting for a spot in the England squad for the World Cup.
He wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes against Colombia.
He really is a disgusting specimen.

Whilst his distribution is impressive with both feet, he's not mobile around the pitch.
I've noticed a few times when the opposition has scored going through the middle, and he can't keep up with play.