And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

£60mil is a decent deal but he has found himself behind Sancho this season , will be interesting to see how he goes , prob Hazards replacement. We were after him for a while but stopped looking at him about 12 months ago, he has certainly regressed over that period - and also wonder if the way Wilson is progressing was a reason to move away from him

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
something really needs to be done about the loan rules. 60m for a player and loan him out until the end of the season, how manys that out on loan now?

I believe Chelsea currently have 40 players out on loan ......................... he'll be the 41st.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
£60mil is a decent deal but he has found himself behind Sancho this season , will be interesting to see how he goes , prob Hazards replacement. We were after him for a while but stopped looking at him about 12 months ago, he has certainly regressed over that period - and also wonder if the way Wilson is progressing was a reason to move away from him

Had to read this twice, for a moment I thought you were trying to compare the two ................................. but realised how ridiculous that would have been!!!
I'm so glad I re-read it. (y)

D

Deleted member 1740

Isn’t that because he’s had injuries?

I’d argue that underlined point,I don’t think he’s regressed as such just injuries has hampered him this season.

As good as Wilson is playing at the moment in the championship, I very much doubt Klopp and his staff actually know how good he’ll turn out to be.

Pulisic is a top talent no doubt about it, hopefully he’ll end up like Morata 😉

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not convinced Pulisic is replacing Hazard personally, I think he'll stay at Chelsea. I see Pulisic being bought in more as a long-term replacement for the ageing Pedro and Willian as he does primarily play on the right side, although he can admittedly play on the left.

D

Deleted member 15344

Isn’t that because he’s had injuries?

I’d argue that underlined point,I don’t think he’s regressed as such just injuries has hampered him this season.

As good as Wilson is playing at the moment in the championship, I very much doubt Klopp and his staff actually know how good he’ll turn out to be.

Pulisic is a top talent no doubt about it, hopefully he’ll end up like Morata 😉
Not really because of injuries Stu just hasn’t moved on as much as people thought - I believe he was expected to leave in the summer but it didn’t happen. On the field Sancho is producing more in terms of assists and goals - Pulisic I think only have 10 in about 80 odd games - Sancho already at 7/8 in 20 games and £60 mil for a player that Klopp bid £11 mil for 2 years ago and not really moved on. Maybe he stagnated but I’m not sure about him and don’t think we have missed out there.

Now if Rumours Of Werner for £30mil are true that could be a steal

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed a fee of £18m for Abraham from Chelsea, would be quite happy with that.

Decent player and the deal derails Villa's promotion "charge".
Seems a lot for a player who didn't do a great deal in the Premier League last year. Has he progressed that much this season? Great news if he has, young English talent etc.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems a lot for a player who didn't do a great deal in the Premier League last year. Has he progressed that much this season? Great news if he has, young English talent etc.

16 in 20 games for Villa, 5 goals in 31 for Swansea. I'd like to think we'd create a lot more chances than Swansea did when they got relegated. At 21 there's a chance we could double the fee if he settles in, and if he doesn't then £18m still doesn't break the bank for us.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
16 in 20 games for Villa, 5 goals in 31 for Swansea. I'd like to think we'd create a lot more chances than Swansea did when they got relegated. At 21 there's a chance we could double the fee if he settles in, and if he doesn't then £18m still doesn't break the bank for us.
I didn't know his Villa stats, thanks for that (y). Put like that you can always sell him to one of the bigger championship clubs for a decent fee if he doesn't work out for you. He has now proved he can score at that level and if he could get a team out of that league he has value.

The little I have seen of Wolves you create chances but don't have a finisher. It could make you the best of the rest.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pleased to see my club along with a lot of others offer it for free. Think it's sad that a PL club in particular awash with cash already should sting parents for the privilege. Hardly going to be inclusive to those families that support a club but don't have the odd £700 to splash about. Very sad and I hope (but doubt) the article would shame then into scrapping it

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£240 to be mascot for Colchester. Does seem quite steep for League 2 but does include a full replica kit (£60), two match tickets (£40), stadium tour and car parking ticket (£8) so possibly not too outrageous.

EDIT - prices in brackets added are usual cost for those things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

£240 to be mascot for Colchester. Does seem quite steep for League 2 but does include a full replica kit (£60), two match tickets (£40), stadium tour and car parking ticket (£8) so possibly not too outrageous.

EDIT - prices in brackets added are usual cost for those things.

So £132 to be mascot at Colchester!

Really?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So £132 to be mascot at Colchester!

Really?

Yep. Well £132 to be a mascot and get a stadium tour, meet the players and get photos, get autographs etc. I can't find any info on how much stadium tours cost or even if they offer them. Am thinking of getting it for my son for his birthday. Think for a one off experience it's actually not that bad. I know that some clubs don't charge and choose someone from their junior membership club to do it but how much does a junior membership cost. (<-- that's a genuine question not a dig as I haven't got a clue about the costs of junior membership).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tomorrow some lucky kids are gonna walk out in front of some of the best players in the world for nowt. 👍
Now if City ( and others ) can do it for nowt. Why charge a small fortune at other clubs. I can understand a charge. But some of the prices shown are scandalous.