And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't think we were debating if there was contact, you can see the contact plain as day on the video. We were debating whether he was already going down I thought. I say no, others say yes. To say there was no contact at all is just outright lying.

I saw a link saying Nasri was coming back to the Prem and thought who the hell has been conned into signing that old has-been? Then I realised it could only be West Ham lol. In all seriousness I'm not sure why they think they need him when Anderson and Snodgrass are performing well.

He’s 31 and been in training since October so he will be in good condition. Decent player still. 6 month deal is a no brainer

Even with players we need depth

We have yarmenelko, lanzini, Wilshere, Hernandez all injured from the attacking options so need back up for Anderson

Anderson in the middle (cam), nasri left and Antonio with snodgrass and rice holding behind
That’s a good options to have

D

Deleted member 18588

:LOL: But it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of just using your eyes. Defender's left heel goes back and hits Kane just below the knee.

The video you have supplied does not confirm your interpretation.

It merely offers a possibility as did the re-runs on TV.

But then I am watching from a neutral point of view with absolutely no allegiance to any PL club.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
The Kane and Salah incidents were almost identical imo. Minimal contact on both, nowhere near enough for them to go down - both dives.

The fact one got away with it and was rewarded with a goal and one was punished with a yellow card highlights why this happens - quite simply it's more than worth the risk.

Until the punishment is greater than the crime this will continue.

But then do we really want a situation where the punishment for diving is the same/similar to a red card for a leg breaking tackle? Not for me, so I'm not really sure where to go next with it all to be honest, other than accepting it for what it is, especially as all the top teams and all the top players do it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Kane and Salah incidents were almost identical imo. Minimal contact on both, nowhere near enough for them to go down - both dives.

The fact one got away with it and was rewarded with a goal and one was punished with a yellow card highlights why this happens - quite simply it's more than worth the risk.

But then do we really want a situation where the punishment for diving is the same/similar to a red card for a leg breaking tackle? Not for me, so I'm not really sure where to go next with it all to be honest, other than accepting it for what it is, especially as all the top teams and all the top players do it.
I think this sums it up perfectly. Will VAR make any difference or will players simply get more cute about how they go down and draw fouls and penalties. I didn't think Kane or Salah were fouls and so both should have been booked for simulation but how are you ever going to get consistency (with or without VAR) and until something changes we'll carry on debating more and more players going down often at slightest breath on them

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this sums it up perfectly. Will VAR make any difference or will players simply get more cute about how they go down and draw fouls and penalties. I didn't think Kane or Salah were fouls and so both should have been booked for simulation but how are you ever going to get consistency (with or without VAR) and until something changes we'll carry on debating more and more players going down often at slightest breath on them

how about rugby style sin bins instead of a second bookable offence 15 minutes down to ten men would be a serious problem tor a lot of teams.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched Everton 0-1 Leicester and saw two very average teams.
It was one of the poorest games I've seen all season ...................... and I'm a United supporter, but give Vardy half a chance and you're in trouble.
Oh, and didn't their shirts look pretty similar?

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was one of the poorest games I've seen all season ...................... and I'm a United supporter, but give Vardy half a chance and you're in trouble.

Only watched a bit, as it was so poor.
One attack broke down when it looked like the attacker got confused by the shirts and passed to a defender

Hope the snake silva gave a good press conference 😂😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Possibly a yellow and 5 mins in the sin bin.
Just a thought.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:LOL: But it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of just using your eyes. Defender's left heel goes back and hits Kane just below the knee.

I think the defender does catch him slightly.
But would say if Kane hadn’t already started to go down and stayed on his feet the defenders heel might have missed him.

With the Salah one he went down (very easily imo) but he asked the ref to make a decision and he did and gave a penalty.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everton's 4th game in 9 days and it showed. Leicester sat back, played on the break and Vardy took his chance. That's about it really.

I wouldn't judge any team playing their last game of the Christmas period.

D

Deleted member 15344

Everton's 4th game in 9 days and it showed. Leicester sat back, played on the break and Vardy took his chance. That's about it really.

I wouldn't judge any team playing their last game of the Christmas period.

From the sounds of it the fans at the game were- players being booed, losing 3 out of 4 over the Xmas period , fans starting to be impatient?

Wolf

Visit site
I'd like to say how good we were today against Fulham but have to say actually more like how bad they were made the result pretty straight forward

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd like to say how good we were today against Fulham but have to say actually more like how bad they were made the result pretty straight forward

What’s the score with Ramsey?? I can’t think of 3 better players than him in his position at the club?

Wolf

Visit site
What’s the score with Ramsey?? I can’t think of 3 better players than him in his position at the club?
I don't think any of us actually know. I can only think due to the cock up giving Ozil a ridiculous pay day on his contract the club has decided not to be held to ransom on other pay days. Which I can understand and support though I'm a big Ramsey fan and hate to see him go. Happily drive Ozil somewhere on the clubs behalf though