And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well he scored, but it's not just a one man team 🙄

More about his dive - I thought after all the discussion and finger pointing last week about players diving surely you would expect the same fingers to point towards Kane from his own fans ?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More about his dive - I thought after all the discussion and finger pointing last week about players diving surely you would expect the same fingers to point towards Kane from his own fans ?

I haven't seen it yet, but don't condone him or any Spurs player for doing it. It's embarrassing.
I hope to see it tonight on MOTD

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
why couldnt he pick Lacazette and play 2 up top?

agree re the squad but his initial purchases Torreira aside arent setting the world on fire

id be keeping monreal, kolasinac, bellerin, maitland niles, smith rowe, torreira, ramsey, guendozi, mhikitaryan, aubameyang, lacazette, smith rowe, nketiah. jury still out on leno and mavropanos. dont think ive missed anyone else so the rest can go

leaves a shopping list for plenty of defenders and some width as the 2 main priorities, may need a keeper too, then some creativity from midfield
Can you see him getting anyone reasonable in January to plug the gaps. Obviously Mhikitaryan with his foot injury is a long-term absentee. I have liked Maitland Niles from what I've seen especially in the Europa League and I think he'll develop. I think there is a reasonable core there but I think the point that it's taken Klopp several years to get his side where it is now is valid. Emery needs time to get rid of the Wenger dead wood, build a side to play his way but is he going to get that? I also think some Arsenal fans on social media need to lower expectations on what you can and can't achieve in the next few seasons

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Roll on Thursday. Proper excited for City-Liverpool, could really shape the direction of the title race. Liverpool could have a huge lead. City need to win tomorrow first though.
Al be there in thursday and me grandsons not goin so wr already have emptyhad. 😁
Anyway. As a City fan i wil say before the new year starts. I cannot see anyone winning the league beyond Liverpool. Thought they have had a I little bit of “the rub of the green like we had last year. Its not just that. City have struggled to find the form of last year. Injuries to KDB, Silva, Aguero. Etc etc. Our beat squad in the league. Is not that best. We have been putting square pegs in round holes. we should of been found out before the last two games if teams had a bit more belief. We have lost that fear factor we had. But aside from all that. Liverpool are playing excellent football and look as solid as we did last year.
Next weeks game could see a stifling Liverpool team. They dont need to win and a defeat opens the door. A draw suits Liverpol far more than it does City. Hipe am wrong coz am ready for a stonking game.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Maybe they haven’t seen it properly yet?

I’m sure we’ll all av a blooming good discussion about it after MOTD 👍🏻

Just you sit tight there Phillip 🙄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Al be there in thursday and me grandsons not goin so wr already have emptyhad. 😁
Anyway. As a City fan i wil say before the new year starts. I cannot see anyone winning the league beyond Liverpool. Thought they have had a I little bit of “the rub of the green like we had last year. Its not just that. City have struggled to find the form of last year. Injuries to KDB, Silva, Aguero. Etc etc. Our beat squad in the league. Is not that best. We have been putting square pegs in round holes. we should of been found out before the last two games if teams had a bit more belief. We have lost that fear factor we had. But aside from all that. Liverpool are playing excellent football and look as solid as we did last year.
Next weeks game could see a stifling Liverpool team. They dont need to win and a defeat opens the door. A draw suits Liverpol far more than it does City. Hipe am wrong coz am ready for a stonking game.
City have to win to keep any PL aspirations so they have to go out to score and I think that'l suit Liverpool. As I said before they are now capable of stifling midfield much better than they use to so I Can see space being tight. I'd love to see it being a stonking end to end game and a 3-2 thriller but I don't think it'll turn out that way. Sadly I don't see City getting what they need either.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
City have to win to keep any PL aspirations so they have to go out to score and I think that'l suit Liverpool. As I said before they are now capable of stifling midfield much better than they use to so I Can see space being tight. I'd love to see it being a stonking end to end game and a 3-2 thriller but I don't think it'll turn out that way. Sadly I don't see City getting what they need either.

City-Liverpool result depends totally on the players each manager has available that day. If Pep rests a few tomorrow it could prove a banana skin moment and make the head-to-head on Thursday less of a make or break match.
Looks that City have a few more second choices playing atm.
Right now I'd take a scoreless draw, but think there's goalscorers aplenty in both sides so hoping for a 0-1. :):)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
City-Liverpool result depends totally on the players each manager has available that day. If Pep rests a few tomorrow it could prove a banana skin moment and make the head-to-head on Thursday less of a make or break match.
Looks that City have a few more second choices playing atm.
Right now I'd take a scoreless draw, but think there's goalscorers aplenty in both sides so hoping for a 0-1. :):)
How are the City injuries looking ahead of the Liverpool game? Will Fernandinho and Silva make it? Will he give Silva game time tomorrow? You should still have enough to win tomorrow surely?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
😂😂😂😂😂

Phil you seriously can’t wait can you 😂😂

Aaaaawwww did people say negative things about Mo😢

It looks really bad from the very small clip that you KEEP posting😳

But probably best to see it on MOTD and then wait and see what EVERY ex referee thinks about it 😉

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
😂😂😂😂😂

Phil you seriously can’t wait can you 😂😂

Aaaaawwww did people say negative things about Mo😢

It looks really bad from the very small clip that you KEEP posting😳

But probably best to see it on MOTD and then wait and see what EVERY ex referee thinks about it 😉
I think we should cancel his MBE🤣🤣

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So Pete,
How come it took so long?😂😂

30 seconds to finish my pint, 1 minute to roll my sleeves up, 1 minute to agree on the Marquis of Queensbury's....then 30 seconds for the s***bag to high tail it out of there.

No violence ensued, as he wouldnt back up his earlier epithet - weirdly enough, many others do this and very rarely, if ever, say this stuff face to face. Mad innit?(y)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought there was supposed to be a minutes silence for Peter Hill-wood before the game - did the ref forget?

At least there was a chance to pay a little respect, as they announced it over the tannoy about 15 mins before KO, and the applause come from all 4 stands.

I've always said that Arsenal was a club of class, I'm sure a lot of it was down to his stewardship.(y)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my prediction is that Man City will still win the league by more than 3 points.

Please god make this happen!🙏.......

Having to decide who I want to win the league between Liverpool and Spurs is like choosing between Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville to babysit the kids!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
30 seconds to finish my pint, 1 minute to roll my sleeves up, 1 minute to agree on the Marquis of Queensbury's....then 30 seconds for the s***bag to high tail it out of there.

No violence ensued, as he wouldnt back up his earlier epithet - weirdly enough, many others do this and very rarely, if ever, say this stuff face to face. Mad innit?(y)

Attachments

• F89D272B-C073-4E03-87B5-DC5C57DEC45C.jpeg
    F89D272B-C073-4E03-87B5-DC5C57DEC45C.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen Liverpool on MOTD. Looked very impressive. However they showed a clip of Mane with his hand around a defenders throat. Now Danny Murphy says " if the ref sees that it's a red card, but I don't think there will be any retrospective judgement on the incident", a comment which Shearer agreed with. How's that happen, what's the reasoning behind that.