And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just seen Liverpool on MOTD. Looked very impressive. However they showed a clip of Mane with his hand around a defenders throat. Now Danny Murphy says " if the ref sees that it's a red card, but I don't think there will be any retrospective judgement on the incident", a comment which Shearer agreed with. How's that happen, what's the reasoning behind that.
Noting in it imo

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure there will be questions asked again about Claude Puel at Leicester after their loss today against Cardiff, but what do Leicester fans really expect? Leicester are 8th in the league, they've beaten Chelsea and Man City in the last couple of weeks. If the results had been reversed (probably as expected) and they'd lost those two games and won today they would've been 12th in the league and 3 points worse off. Do Leicester fans now have unrealistic expectations after their title win? Surely 7th to 10th is a realistic ambition for a club the size of Leicester?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Possibly the worst Arsenal team I have seen.
Xchaka should have been off ref bottled it.

Mane a lucky boy as well. Although they never showed the blatant elbow on motd.
Liverpool were just to good for an Arsenal Reserve back four.
Gini was awesome ,Firminos workrate is fantastic and he deserved mom.
We played really well but still give the ball away to much .
We can’t do that against City as unlike today they will punish us.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Watching MOTD Sunday morning rerun and saw the incident at Fulham where the designated penalty taker was stopped from taking a penalty by the guy who won the penalty.

And missed .

Claudio was very unhappy , going to be repercussions there methinks

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching MOTD Sunday morning rerun and saw the incident at Fulham where the designated penalty taker was stopped from taking a penalty by the guy who won the penalty.

And missed .

That Kamara again.. needs removing from the squad imo.. twice this season I have seen him have poor team discipline. The time he got sent off for kicking the ball away when on a yellow (selfish idiot) and now this

Not what you need in a relagation battle

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

And missed .

Claudio had gone on record and said
“ he could of killed him”. 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That Kamara again.. needs removing from the squad imo.. twice this season I have seen him have poor team discipline. The time he got sent off for kicking the ball away when on a yellow (selfish idiot) and now this

Not what you need in a relagation battle
Yes lucky they won or he would be in big trouble.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

And missed .

This shouldn’t even be up for discussion everyone should know who the penalty taker is and that’s it.
Maybe if someone is on a hat trick & the game is already in the bag.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
youd hope so, its hard considering we havent had a single defender available consistently all season, Monreal and Koscielny the biggest misses but hard to get them playing as a unit when they chop between 4 and 5 at the back and change personnel every week, so far I think we have used 12 diff players in defense before xmas!

the worry is that its the same old mistakes and doesnt actually appear to be any change in approach, its just been covered that weve scored enough at the other end, mainly thanks to Aubameyang

ideally we buy 2 centre halves and a versatile full back in january, in reality one decent centre half would be great :)

edit: pens only at one end it seems

Surely the set up of the team is down to Emery not the defence coach... Need Cech back between the posts and drop the charade of playing out from the back for starters...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

And missed .

Surley the team captain has to step in , he’s in charge on the pitch.!
Very unprofessional to see players squabbling over a pen.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely the set up of the team is down to Emery not the defence coach... Need Cech back between the posts and drop the charade of playing out from the back for starters...

you would think the defensive coach has a large input though wouldnt you? our defense has hardly been a success since hes been in the job thats for sure

i think the thing you ask for is the last likely to happen, ball playing keepers definitely the latest fashion, personally I rather one who stops shots, commands his area and gives the defense confidence, call me outdated lol