And soot begins - direct golf / sports direct!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So checking Facebook on the train this morning and a new alert from direct golf ...... It taken less than a month for a respected high street retailer to be turned into ..... Well...... The pic says it all

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So is it out for John Letters and in for Dunlop. Two once great brands that had been following rather different paths recently.

I used to call into DG the odd time for balls or shoes. No longer.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For me when you look at where DG were with all the premier brands, for their first social media to be a push on Dunlop as a brand " to me " shows a down wood trend in the companies trading activities

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its about Direct Golf totally losing its own identity within a month & gone down the line of discount Dunlop gear as per what sports direct were known for ..

Martin70

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry I have not been following the story here but it kind of looks like Direct Golf has been taken over by Mike Ashley from the OP.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
ok I sort of understand now, except what does the soot means in the thread title? is it a nickname for Ashley or something?

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ok I sort of understand now, except what does the soot means in the thread title? is it a
nickname for Ashley or something?

blonde.gif
:rofl: