Golf April Fool? (nope)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I had to check the date when an Ad for this popped up on my facebook page this morning and realised it is the 1st but I'm a month early and this is actually real! (GM article) And its under the name of a well respected manufactures brand

Not sure how you make the most effective putter when the priority at point of design is that the head can fit into a golf hole and the cavity needs to fit round a golf ball :unsure:

retreve2.jpgretreve.jpg

Anyone buying one?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Pretty sure Ping did a version of this a few years back and Westy was using one.....
Bit redundant if you don't take the flag out....

D

Deleted member 35504

It's a Ping isn't it? Been around for ages and seen plenty using them.

Mandofred

Visit site
I sold all my old irons/wedges/putters a few months ago, I kept my Evnroll putter that I use pretty well all of the time and my original Ping Fetch with the hole. I like it enough I didn't want to get rid of it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty sure Ping did a version of this a few years back and Westy was using one.....
Bit redundant if you don't take the flag out....
One of my PP's has one. Very useful as he doesn't hole out too often at the moment as he's normally blobbed the hole. Poor bloke not having a good time on the course at the moment

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Anyone who uses one of these to retrieve their ball from the hole should be banned from playing.

Holes get damaged enough as it is!

Mandofred

Visit site
It doesn't do anything to the hole.....unless you are an idiot....and an idiot can do damage anywhere. Mine has plenty of room to go in the cup. Some photo's look like it's a real tight fit....plenty of room.

Mandofred

Visit site
Golf Monthly verdict describes it as "versatile" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's a putter, what's versatile about it?
I don't know about the later models, but mine you can adjust the length of the club. 32" to 36" I think......and of course you can pick up the ball without bending over. Zillions of people with those fork-like devices that open at the end of the grip. Those can cause damage as well if you are careless.