An Idea to help arrange a game ......map location

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having read some of the chats on here , especially in the 'Regional matches' thread , i have come up with an idea to try and help fellow forum members in this particular section in their quest to arrange a game/teams.

Anyways , i have created a google map on which members can add a placemark to show their rough location . By adding your forum screen name , other players will be able to see who's in their area.

go to http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=112737112449253989039.00046387d3745e3df666e

Navigate round the map to your area and then click on edit on the left hand side and this will open up a box at the top left of the map. You then click and drag the blue placemarker over your town or even golf course i guess and add your name.

I've already added mine :)

Just thought it would give everyone a rough list of local members .

It might also be an idea to make this a sticky thread ?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Done it for you mate- you might want to check it's the right place though, I just searched leatherhead golf club and stuck it there. :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cant find the edit bit.

Yup, drove me ******** mental. I've just thrown my laptop across the room.

Now on Acer notebook.....shan't think HP laptop will work again.....

Still can't find "edit"......

RGuk goes outside to swing speed-stik........

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right I've added Leftie and Medwayjon to the map, no need to worry lads- and obviously tell me if you change your mind and wish me to remove it!

Anyone else will have to do it themselves I'm afraid as whilst I have some time at the moment I haven't got all night :D

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks M8.

BTW Can anyone tell me why most threads are contained within about 2/3rds of the screen while others, like this one, take over the whole screen and more?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys PLEASE NOTE, I think you only get an edit button if you are signed into google.

What a great Idea this is, well done nomad, surprised no one has thought of this earlier, I didnt know you could do that with google maps.

Dave I have added you to the map! :D