An evening with Gordon Sherry......

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Last night was the annual Mens Black Tie Dinner at our club.

Guest speaker was Gordon Sherry, winner of the Amateur Championship in 1995, and who played in the Walker Cup, the Open and the Masters.

A really good after dinner speaker, was on stage for a full hour, many stories about Bob Torrance, about playing in the Open alongside Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus, and his experience of playing at Augusta with Fred Couples. Very entertaining, very funny and generally speaking an approachable, friendly individual.

To top of the evening he did the charity auction. When the auction items had been purchased he proceeded to auction two four balls (3 guests playing with him) at Loch Lomond, so as well as raising an additional 1200 pounds for the charity effort, I am 200 quid poorer but have the opportunity to play at Loch Lomond with Gordon Sherry.

Top bloke.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tipped to be the next big thing back in the day but plagued by injury and illness I believe. Always came across to me as a nice guy.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tipped to be the next big thing back in the day but plagued by injury and illness I believe. Always came across to me as a nice guy.
I was watching Daly's Open Official film on Sky the other day and they featured Gordon Sherry & Tiger Woods as the next big thing in golf,how their careers differed :eek:.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Good to hear he's picked it up a bit. We had him a few years ago and everyone felt it really dragged. I spoke to someone else who had him at their club and they felt the same. Speakers take time to 'bed in' so he's obviously honed his trade a bit.