An Evening with Ian Carter - BBC Golf Correspondent

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just got back from Hurtmore Golf Club and saw a poster advertising this. At £25 including an evening meal seemed good to me, apparently you don't need to be a member.
Not sure it's been very well advertised, so thought I'd share it with you guys as I do enjoy reading Ian's posts (not that I agree with them all) and he must have some great insights into the Tour and Ryder Cup etc
Didn't get a link to the web site but these are the contact details:-

01483 426492
or email
maureen.harman@
hoburne.com

date is 22nd November. I'm going over with a mate of mine, just thought it might be of interest for anyone in the Guildford area.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Iain Carter is one person I could definitely listen to about golf. Seems a great evening at a decent price (especially with scoff chucked in). Would love to actually know his views on how the BBC covers golf (or not) although as an employee I doubt he'd commit to answering that too fully

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I went to an audience with auld Peter.

He was priceless with his stories. Had the whole place in tears with his wit and humour.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I managed to get myself to the Pro-Am at Luton Hoo for the Challenge Tour in September and he spoke after dinner.

He talked mainly just about how he broadcasts around the course and he was not only very interesting, but very funny too. Almost like a stage show with his actions and mannerisms. For £25, that seems like a no-brainer to me, and I’m usually never interested in those type of things - I’ve heard too many stories about incredibly dull ‘celebs’ telling everyone boring stories whilst the audience are looking at their watches...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ask him about the afternoon at the PGA Wentworth last year when he scoffed nearly all the Victoria sponge cake slices in the press tent.