Bucket List 2019 and Lifetime

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
yep joint earlier this year, but only played in a couple of comps, looking to do much more next year

I'll be at Aberdovey for sure, unlikely I'll play at RLGC this year but am thinking about Rye.

I'd like to play a few of the meets in Scotland but it needs an overnight stay.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'll be at Aberdovey for sure, unlikely I'll play at RLGC this year but am thinking about Rye.

I'd like to play a few of the meets in Scotland but it needs an overnight stay.
two of my mates played Rye this year and raved about it, only downside was wearing a shirt tie and jacket in 30 deg heat.

Scottish championship at Moray is a good shout, Nairn, Moray and Hopeman, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Kilspindie is a good hickory track i'm told

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
2019 will be all about trying to get the handicap to 15 or less ! Really want to play Carnoustie, St Andrews and probably down at the Belfry this year as well.

Lifetime is what has been echoed above: Ryder Cup in the US, playing abroad, Masters away and the ultimate goal of becoming single figures

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What absolute garbage, if everyone boycotted them, like thats going to happen.
Do you check out the owner of every golf course you play or want to play to make sure they are up to your standards?
Can never understand why politics are taken into sport.

Has Trump delivered all the promised development with Trump Aberdeen - that development that was essential in persuading the Scottish Government to let the course be built on SSSI.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...golf-environment-sssi-damaged-broken-promises

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think they wanted to start building recently, but planning permissions had run out, so going though the whole process again
Sounds like a schoolboy error, they would know when the permissions expired and would have been able to “extend” by making the suitable submission. Unless the existing approval prohibited the extension of any approvals granted.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
..... three months down under touring NZ/Australia .......The prospect of no golf for 4 months...

I'm in advanced stages of planning for 3 months in NZ from September, and that time without golf is one of my biggest worries! I do aim to play at least once for the experience whilst there though. Look forward to hearing about your trip!

On my bucket list quest of the Open Rota I have Royal St Georges booked to take me to a count of 5.

Looking at other people's - I have made it to the gates of Magnolia Drive (in September - "please put the camera away sir), the clubhouse at Bandon Dunes (family holiday driving the coast), the clubhouse at Pebble Beach twice (without playing) and the club house at Shinnecock Hills 7 days before the US Open this summer. Near misses, all of which made me want to go back!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sounds like a schoolboy error, they would know when the permissions expired and would have been able to “extend” by making the suitable submission. Unless the existing approval prohibited the extension of any approvals granted.
don't know mate it was on the STV North news a couple of weeks ago, or more importantly the councilor who had original refused was obtaining from voting this time