Amir Khan

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Whilst im on the subject.

A lovely cherry-picked opponent for him again last night. Oh but he did win a mickey-mouse "title"

He got undone last time out as soon as he was put in with any quality and the same will happen again if he ever gets in against a decent opponent again.

The general public may be fooled into thinking that Khan is top-class but anyone who has a clue about boxing knows that he has a glass chin and will never be a great boxer.

krokodil

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone that still pays to watch him is a mug in my opinion. The boy is entertaining and is quite flashy but as you said, he can't take a punch. Even Willie Limond rocked him a while back and he aint a renowned puncher.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can't fault his hand work to be fair to him but being a jelly jaw is a slight problem in boxing. I bet Frank Warren inside realises he is going nowhere and is trying to cash in asap, Warren is a crook but no fool- he thought Khan had talent (which again to be fair he does) but this huge hole in his defense could possibly loose Warren a lot in potential earnings and it won't be long until he gives up I feel.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Like the above posts say. No defence. His opponents have been dog sh#t. Put him in with a pro of COMMONWEALTH level and he gets floored.

And a 60 second knock out doesn't give him much hope for stepping up into the top flight facing the mexicans who throw so many punches without letting up....one of those suckers land and he's out.

Jamie Cox is one of Warrens only undefeated fighters who was due to fight Kahn in the ABA's before Kahn turned pro.

He's the real deal. He has since turned pro, fought on the Calzage v Kessler undercard at the millenium stadium on only his 3rd outing.....done an absolute job.

Not knocking people out in 1-2 rounds but actually boxing and learning his trade with people who hit back, his defence is far better than Kahns and I would love to watch that fight. My money would be on Cox. Has nothing to do with the fact that I used to box for the same gym and spare with him or that he is a Swindon boy!!

He is a nice lad aswell. Watch out for him in 2009!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree with the comments on here. I thought that Khan looked a more organised fighter and that he had obviously learnt a little with his new trainer but there is nothing you can do in that sport with a glass chin. Every fighter gets caught with at least one good shot in most fights they have but in Khans case that is normally all it takes.

I think he'll get pushed and promoted to a world title fight and will probably get one of them but if then tries to defend or unify and comes across a talented and hungry fighter it will be good night. Once he loses the title he'll call it a day.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did not see the fight but its reported his opponent broke his ankle when he was knocked to the canvas in the first round. So an easy two round victory.