American Golf vouchers

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you are not going to use AG anymore then I'm sure your local pro will welcome your business and probably give a better service too!

D

Deleted member 16999

I am not threatening any legal action and fully accept they are within their rights to refuse an extension.
My point is that they have banked the money and are not interested in retaining my business. The proportion of their profits that arise from expired vouchers must be tiny yet they are happy to lose the goodwill of previously loyal and satisfied customers. I am not asking for special treatment but they must be able to check names against previous patronage of their stores. In any event the whole principle is unethical as vouchers should be open ended. If you take 5 years to spend it then they have gained interest during that time.
I have lost £75 but they have lost goodwill and several customers. The main winner is my own club professional who is excellent and will now get all, rather than some ,of my business.

I fully understand your annoyance and frustration, but it would be with myself rather than AG, why should any voucher be open ended, £75.00 today was is a lot different in value to £75.00 10 years ago and I would guess 10 years ahead.

As for the main winner being your Club Pro, has he also been the main loser over the last few years when AG had your loyal and satisfied custom and the few thousand pounds that weren't spent in his shop?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I can understand your grumbles but personally I don't know any company that would honour a gift voucher of 75 pounds from 3 years ago! Also how could you mislay a £75 gift voucher! I'd be straight in the shop and buying stuff!!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I can understand your grumbles but personally I don't know any company that would honour a gift voucher of 75 pounds from 3 years ago! Also how could you mislay a £75 gift voucher! I'd be straight in the shop and buying stuff!!

Exactly, suck it up buttercup. You lost (or forgot about) a voucher and then 3 years later you stumble across it and now feel aggrieved that AG aren't honouring it. I don't think it matters whether you've spent £10.00 there in the last 3 years or £10,000....the fact is it's 3 years on and there is always a cut off on vouchers......

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
"I am not asking for special treatment but they must be able to check names against previous patronage of their stores"

and if they found out you spent £000's in the store what would you expect/want them to do?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
"I am not asking for special treatment but they must be able to check names against previous patronage of their stores"

and if they found out you spent £000's in the store what would you expect/want them to do?

Honour it, in other words give him special treatment, whereas if they checked someone else who hadn't spent much he obviously expects them to give nowt, you can't have it both way!

Every voucher I have been given or won in any marketplace has a life cycle, I've not taken advantage of fourball vouchers I've won and I know loads who have bid good money at our H4H day & not usd the ones they've won!

Suck it up, it's not like it cost you anything and have missed it!

davidg2010uk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They gave you an extra 12 months - they didnt have too. If you don't spend any money with them in 2 years then your hardly in a position to play the loyal customer card.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hasnt AG changed ownership in the last 3 years?...I might be wrong but I thought they had.
Sadly, I have to agree with the general sentiment in that it's your own mistake that I'm afraid you have to take on the chin.

IanS

Visit site
They gave you an extra 12 months - they didnt have too. If you don't spend any money with them in 2 years then your hardly in a position to play the loyal customer card.
You miss the point. Spent plenty of money with them in that period, voucher was mislaid.-my fault- but was a loyal customer.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You miss the point. Spent plenty of money with them in that period, voucher was mislaid.-my fault- but was a loyal customer.

Seems like you missed the point. If they extended it that is playing into your customer loyalty, if you then decide not to use it then its even more your fault. Theres only so much they can do, they can't keep extending it until you decide to use it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
As far as I am aware gift cards/vouchers that are bought cannot expire. It's basically money paid in, they had etc pay it out. Even expiry dates do not hold up in courts. At least in Germany, I think EU wide.

Voucher that expire are usually offers (get a £5 voucher ... ) that are presented as gifts. So stuff given out free by the company.

D

Deleted member 16999

As far as I am aware gift cards/vouchers that are bought cannot expire. It's basically money paid in, they had etc pay it out. Even expiry dates do not hold up in courts. At least in Germany, I think EU wide.

Voucher that expire are usually offers (get a £5 voucher ... ) that are presented as gifts. So stuff given out free by the company.

Not in UK, varies from shop to shop from 6 months to 10 years in some cases, they reckon somewhere in the region of £300 million is lost by consumers each year.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Not in UK, varies from shop to shop from 6 months to 10 years in some cases, they reckon somewhere in the region of £300 million is lost by consumers each year.
The company I work for has 6 digit worth of vouchers out there which we don't write off. Didn't know we were saving it because we are the 'good guys', I thought it was obligation. Or it is just that we have to do it for the German customers anyway, so we rolled it out to all markets. But it feels right.

D

Deleted member 16999

The company I work for has 6 digit worth of vouchers out there which we don't write off. Didn't know we were saving it because we are the 'good guys', I thought it was obligation. Or it is just that we have to do it for the German customers anyway, so we rolled it out to all markets. But it feels right.
I think the ROI is or has brought legislation in to make vouchers valid forever but are facing stiff opposition from some big shops.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel for you but like others have said you have no come back.

Just put it down to experience and make your next golf purchases elsewhere.

You could also take to twitter to make your disappointment known.

If only John Lewis sold golf gear eh? Their vouchers never expire and that in my opinion is great customer service.

D

Deleted member 16999

I feel for you but like others have said you have no come back.

Just put it down to experience and make your next golf purchases elsewhere.

If only John Lewis sold golf gear eh? Their vouchers never expire and that in my opinion is great customer service.
From the John Lewis website T&C's

"The gift card will expire 24 months after the last transaction on the card. We will not refund any balance remaining and we will invalidate the card"

They use to issue paper vouchers which as you say, had no expiry date, they don't do them anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Why, AG have done nothing wrong, this again displays the immature attitude of so many people now in the 'balme & claim' society we live in trying to force a company to
give in to media pressure when actually they had already extended his 12 month validity to 24 months so have already acted in good faith but where does it end?

Pathetic advice!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
From the John Lewis website T&C's

"The gift card will expire 24 months after the last transaction on the card. We will not refund any balance remaining and we will invalidate the card"

They use to issue paper vouchers which as you say, had no expiry date, they don't do them anymore.

Hey don't let facts get in the way of anything :whistle:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
The wife found a £50 Debenhams voucher a few weeks ago from 2010, she used it no problem.
Although AG are not at fault here, they could of honoured it out of good will and still of had a customer.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why, AG have done nothing wrong, this again displays the immature attitude of so many people now in the 'balme & claim' society we live in trying to force a company to
give in to media pressure when actually they had already extended his 12 month validity to 24 months so have already acted in good faith but where does it end?

Pathetic advice!

There you go again, always trying to start something.

Boy it's so obvious that you support Chelsea.