American Golf Double Value Trade In

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After last year's trade in extravaganza - I noted that the double trade in is back, but using the "AG trade in value".

Does anyone know how they're calculating the trade in this year?

Can I trade in a bunch of old toot for a new M1 again?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
After last year's trade in extravaganza - I noted that the double trade in is back, but using the "AG trade in value".

Does anyone know how they're calculating the trade in this year?

Can I trade in a bunch of old toot for a new M1 again?

Fat chance, their valuations are a joke, my Big Bertha Alpha driver was priced at £20 which they doubled to £40. Going for more than twice that pretty much everywhere.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think they have developed there own prices. I was offered £170 for a set of irons one week the next week they offered me £47.00 doubled to £94. I got £200 the same day part ex elsewhere.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Quite interesting this one, people were always happy to try stuff from their local pro then buy from AG but from what I can see recently AG have not been at all competitive on price. My club pro seems to offer much better deals these days and the service he gives is excellent.

Will be interested to see if elmoag has any comment to make on this latest promotion.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
Quite interesting this one, people were always happy to try stuff from their local pro then buy from AG but from what I can see recently AG have not been at all competitive on price. My club pro seems to offer much better deals these days and the service he gives is excellent.

I'd have to agree D4S, I was in the process of getting fitted at AG a month ago but it dawned on me that the fitter (off 14) wasn't going to give as good advice as my teaching pro. Alas, straight to the teaching pro who fitted me for something else, shouted me down from choosing clubs which were too unforgiving (MP-18 blades I'll admit!) to hit and then refused to sell me a hybrid until I had a few weeks with the new 4 iron to enable a proper idea of the yardage to gap from my existing 3 wood.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
AG were definitely not competitive when I bought my Titliest T-MB 3 iron. List price is £239. They are selling at £230. A well known online retailer is selling at £199. My pro sold it to me at £189, and I didn't ask for a discount or price match.

Cheap when it comes to bags of tees, and other small stuff, but pretty steep otherwise.