Putter Fitting American Golf

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got £100 in vouchers for American Golf and I'm thinking about putting them towards a shiny new putter.

I think the best AG near me for a putter fitting is the Biggleswade store, has anyone visited them for this? If so, was it any good?

I actually really like my current putter and putt very well with it but was never fit for it so would be interesting to get a fitting regardless, even if it is at an AG.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Biggleswade is a good fitting centre - it has a full Mizuno DNA centre there

evemccc

Visit site
If you like your current putter and you putt very well with it as you’ve said then why would you change it??

My 2 pence…

Buy something you actually need…sadly in golf there is always something that you need and not just want — balls and gloves being a constant (at least annual) source of expenditure. £100 could have you equipped for a decent amount of time

Skytot

Visit site
If you’re happy with your putting & putter why rock the boat . Spend it on some clothes, footwear, or save it until you really need something.

Albo

Visit site
If you like your current putter and you putt very well with it as you’ve said then why would you change it??
Maybe he only putts very well with it and with a new one would putt even better.
Golfers, forever chasing the end of the rainbow

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

If you’re happy with your putting & putter why rock the boat . Spend it on some clothes, footwear, or save it until you really need something.

Honestly, there's not a lot I need, and I think a new putter, maybe a Scotty, would be a nice treat.

The main thing is to have a fitting really, as it might turn out that what I've got suits my tendencies the best anyway. For reference, currently using a Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 that cost me £80.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Honestly, there's not a lot I need, and I think a new putter, maybe a Scotty, would be a nice treat.

The main thing is to have a fitting really, as it might turn out that what I've got suits my tendencies the best anyway. For reference, currently using a Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 that cost me £80.

I had a putter fitting at the Trafford golf centre in Manchester which is an American golf. It was a SAMlab and really interesting actually. I'd say it would be worth doing even if you don't end up buying a new putter.

I ended up with a scotty cameron Newport 2 off the back of it. Mainly because I wanted a Scotty but it was good for peace of mind knowing that it was within a couple of % of anything else I tried for stroke path and consistency but, crucially, my distance control was much better with it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
£100 doesn't go very far on a putter nowadays. Maybe about 30-40% of one? There are a few brands American Golf don't seem to sell either, like Evnroll for example. I think their fittings are free still so probably no harm doing one still. As long as it's not just one of those showroom mats where everything rolls towards the hole. :LOL: (Liverpoolphil suggested that it wasn't so you're all good.)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My 2 pence…

Buy something you actually need…sadly in golf there is always something that you need and not just want — balls and gloves being a constant (at least annual) source of expenditure. £100 could have you equipped for a decent amount of time

Bet you're one of them "oldies" still wearing the same old chinos and sweater full of holes.... because you don't need new ones.... :p:ROFLMAO::eek:

Nothing wrong with wanting a new anything, sometimes you just like the look of a new Tshirt/ Sweater/ trainers/ shoes, putter.... :giggle:

Jason.H

Visit site
I bought an Odyssey Toulon Atlanta and really like the look and the feel of strike. Definitely have better distance control with it. Never had a fitting though.

AAC

Visit site
I have always thought that the Biggleswade AG was one of the better outlets. Another option could be Custom Golf Lab in Hitchin, the fitting there isn't free but it is very good.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
£100 doesn't go very far on a putter nowadays. Maybe about 30-40% of one? There are a few brands American Golf don't seem to sell either, like Evnroll for example. I think their fittings are free still so probably no harm doing one still. As long as it's not just one of those showroom mats where everything rolls towards the hole. :LOL: (Liverpoolphil suggested that it wasn't so you're all good.)

Will be adding some of my own money if it comes to it. I think the Biggleswade AG is quite well stocked, certainly got to be better than Milton Keynes which only had a handful of putters when I popped in last week.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Popped into AF Golf yesterday which is near me, first time I've been in there as well.

Was checking out the putters when one of the store assistants asked if he could help and that he had time to do a fitting if I wanted.

Using the SAM Puttlab we put 5 or 6 different putters through their paces, blades, mallets, etc.

I currently use a Huntington Beach #1 which is a blade and I consider myself to be a decent putter but would say my miss is normally left, especially from short range. The data backed this up as well, based on my swing and impact numbers.

After the testing a toe hang putter came out as being the best option for optimal delivery and consistency.

Based on the numbers the Toulon Memphis came out best, I loved the weight and feel and in the testing I made 7 out of 7 putts too.

Can't wait to put it into use on the course

IMG-20230121-165929.jpg

IMG-20230121-165921.jpg