Amazon Logo - Once again, people looking to be offended.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There was probably some "pushback" from social media ?
Who are these people who "pushback" and have a say in our day to day business?
to be fair - what Amazon's logo looks like is none of my business - though clearly there are some out there who are bothered - well that's for them :)

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Who was offended? Seems like it was changed due to comments it looked like Hitlers moustache. I think that was probably a good idea.
Sounds like the OP is the most offended by the thought that anyone could be offended by this;)
Yeah, I have to admit I'm offended that people are looking to be offended. I refer back to the statement by Abraham Lincoln. As I said in a different thread, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew at the stupidity of some people. ;)
Did this change actually make it into use...
Or, was the [albeit tenuous] connection flagged up pre-launch?
Anyway, storm in the proverbial to me...
It did change as I remember seeing it on my Amazon app. It's gone back to the old one now.

In reality, it should never have been a story in the first place.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah, I have to admit I'm offended that people are looking to be offended. I refer back to the statement by Abraham Lincoln. As I said in a different thread, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew at the stupidity of some people. ;)

It did change as I remember seeing it on my Amazon app. It's gone back to the old one now.

In reality, it should never have been a story in the first place.

indeed...when the really important stories are such as that involving Yemen...a story that, unfortunately, we can't discuss :(

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It looks like a bit of blue sticky tape, with a serrated cut from the dispenser, on a brown Amazon box with their smile logo.

Anyone who thinks that looks like Hitler needs to take a look at themselves, not Amazon; is there actually an image of Hitler smiling? Absolutely ridiculous.
Someone somewhere is now raising a environmental friendly recyclable glass of organic wine and claiming a moral victory for the suppressed. Now they have sorted out Mr potato head and amazon they probably have there sights on the rights and persecution of bent cucumbers.
Tits.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, Amazon have changed their logo. So what.

And having read the article, I see no reference to anyone being offended - just that it had been commented on. And to be fair, if I was in charge of design & marketing, I'd have probably changed it - same as if soneone had ssid my logo looked like a bear having dump in the woods.

What really surprised me was that Amazon said "We designed the new icon to spark anticipation, excitement, and joy when customers start their shopping journey" They expect tgat from a logo? I alway knew marketing was all a liad of cobblers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If the picture of himself wasn't in the middle and nobody had said that it looked like him.....I wouldn't have seen it.
And anyway, Hitler never smiled....

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I only said that they might be - we don't know. So the outrage expressed on behalf of Amazon might be ill-founded.

I'm not expressing outrage on behalf of Amazon, I'm expressing my irritation at people who look for things that simply aren't there, be that Amazon logos or forum posts. Please stop trying to twist what I'm saying, it's tiresome.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Do you know Amazon are upset - or might they, in fact, be grateful for having this pointed out as it might matter not a jot to them that they had to dump the original design?
Your point is what?. What does it matter if Amazon are upset or not?
BIM was rightly making the point that whoever found the original logo offensive needs to look at themselves. That's all.

D

Deleted member 16999

The logo was initially changed in Jan, if it was offending people then I’m sure we’d of heard about it before now.

Seems to me, looking at social media sites, that it is mainly people laughing and taking the mickey out of Amazon that has forced a rethink, plus there also seems to be more posts saying the arrow underneath the blue mark looks like a penis than the blue square reminding them of hitler.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Your point is what?. What does it matter if Amazon are upset or not?
BIM was rightly making the point that whoever found the original logo offensive needs to look at themselves. That's all.
...and the rest of us perhaps need to get less exercised by "bedwetters" - whoever they might be I know not.