Amazon Logo - Once again, people looking to be offended.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I see that Amazon have now quietly removed their new logo after complaints from some that it looked like Hitler!
The world is full of people looking for ways to be affronted. Maybe Abraham Lincoln had it right.
4086d6db53b13678ad764427247989c6.jpg

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow! I felt sure this was going to be about their main symbol with the yellow thing under their name which always looks rude to me :oops::oops:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Weird? Yes, Hitler? No.
Mind you I wonder how much Amazon paid for the new logo design? ;)
well I can see how you could find an Adolph look - in any case - I suspect that Amazon are quite happy that the 'connection' has been pointed out.

Bit like my old uni when it was a Tech College - at one time facing a name change that would have seen it referred to as PIST - which for Paisley students might not have been too far wide of the mark :)

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Who was offended? Seems like it was changed due to comments it looked like Hitlers moustache. I think that was probably a good idea.
Sounds like the OP is the most offended by the thought that anyone could be offended by this;)

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
well it did look a bit weird...

It looks like a bit of blue sticky tape, with a serrated cut from the dispenser, on a brown Amazon box with their smile logo.

Anyone who thinks that looks like Hitler needs to take a look at themselves, not Amazon; is there actually an image of Hitler smiling? Absolutely ridiculous.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It looks like a bit of blue sticky tape, with a serrated cut from the dispenser, on a brown Amazon box with their smile logo.

Anyone who thinks that looks like Hitler needs to take a look at themselves, not Amazon; is there actually an image of Hitler smiling? Absolutely ridiculous.
Do you know Amazon are upset - or might they, in fact, be grateful for having this pointed out as it might matter not a jot to them that they had to dump the original design?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wondered where all those boxes came from that my daughter left in her bedroom when she moved out I had always thought they were from mile high pairs of Nike trainers.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I could have starred at that all day and not have made the connection. But with a design head on, I would ask what value the blue label added to the logo.
...and whatever value it had - what now it loses by having it modified. Can't see me getting upset on behalf of Amazon.