All golfers feedback desperately needed!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getagrip, over the past 11 months we have had 10-20 people disguising themselves as new members who come in with their own agenda, get what they wanted from us without contributing to the forumand are never heard of again and I am affraid to say that is why the negativity. If you had posted and asked us if we would like to take part in your survey then you may have had a warmer welcome. So this is not personal thig, its just that we have had it all too often without ANYBODY everr coming back and explaining how our input has helped them or in how it was used.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Getagrip it means witchhunt, as that is what normaly happens to first posters who try to sell something, advertise or look at getting market research done on the cheap.

Why not tell us more about this product you have that will help us with our mental game so that we can give you an honest opinion of it.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
getagrip - Never has a username been more apt.

If you look carefully at my post you will see that I am placing no value judgement at all, just indicating that others have in the past indicated their ire at similar posts that clearly attempt to elicit something from the forum users.

I'm sure had you given more information as to the nature of your project, what it is for, what you are trying to get from it and all sundry details, people would have been only to happy to help.

htl lectures in Sports Science, my special study was on visualisation in relation to putting mechanics, so there are people who can give knowledge as well as opinion in here.

It probably wouldn't have hurt had you said a little hello and introduced yourself to the rest of us before launching into survey/research either.

If you are genuine, you will be welcomed with open arms like everyone else in here and this will all be forgotten. If you're not, people will give you a hard time and quite rightly at that.

Not having a pop, just telling you how it is. ;)

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I will sort something out when we feel we are ready to go live

So there's a product or service ultimately involved in which case Madandra is correct in suggesting this is a form of market research right?

A clearer and more forthright explination of your intended use of this data and some background would have been more honest.

...just felt I had to say that

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I love the smell of a witch hunt in the morning. :)

witchhunt.gif

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is your last thought before you strike the golf ball?
I don't strike the ball, I stroke it. Strikes are for baseball players and miners

How do you feel before an important putt?
Firm around the shoulders and arms but a bit wobbly in the belly area

When you have missed a 3 foot putt, do you automatically assume or believe, you will miss the next and the next?
I do not count a missed 3 foot putt as a miss, it is merely a "Short Lag".

How do you feel when teeing off in front of a large group of people, especially when the person before you has just hit one down the middle of the fairway?
Jealous

What aspect of your game do you find the most difficult (not the physical aspect)?
My game has no aspects, only sharp edges and curves

What psychological methods have you tried to use to improve your golf game?
None, my shrink has told me to stay away from such mumbo jumbo malarkey nonsense stuff

What is your attitude towards the mental aspect of the game?
Not telling, 'tis a secret that could reduce the handicaps across the globe.

If a product guaranteed to improve your game and reduce your handicap, would you consider, or actually just buy it?
Of course not, that would be cheating. Anyway, there is no such thing. How can you guarantee that some product will improve everyones game and reduce handicaps across the globe. The cat is out the bag! You're flogging knocked-off David Leadtwatter Swingsetters!!

Please send my £50 survey completion fee to:

Golfer_2112
Crater #420
The Moon
TH1 4MM

getagrip

Visit site
Parmo,

I appreciate the time you have taken to give me your feedback, whether it's in your work time or private.

Thanks again.

getagrip

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before I start I want to say a big well done me for scoring six pars in succession and they were the last holes so im sitting here with a big grin on my face and a can of larger.

Right back to business, Getagrip why are you doing this survey? How are you going to validate your results? If you publish our responce we will have had to have given consent etc etc

We might seem like grumpy old gits but we are all very proud of this forum and are a fed up of people just posting to do some market research or make a quick buck

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If a product guaranteed to improve your game and reduce your handicap, would you consider, or actually just buy it?

There are several members of this forum who as I'm sure you are aware are currently testing golf equipment for GM. If you have this wonder product and would like us to impartially test it for you, you only have to ask. :p

DCB

Visit site
Leftie,

Just noticed you sig line
"Don't buy a new putter until you have seen how far you can throw it."

How do you do that in AG ? or is this a case of custom fit of rage on the practice green?

I have a picture in my minds eye of someone on the putting mat hurling a putter down the length of the store at AG and saying, "no that ones a bit light, doesn't feel right!"

ps, my 200th post, sad really to have spent so much time in front of the computer recently!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must admit that I've never tried it in AG. :p :p

I have in the last few years found clubs in the undergrowth whilst looking for my balls. The first was a lob wedge about 15 yds in and about 30 yds short of the green. A very wise decision imho. Anyone over 8 h/cap who tries to use a lob wedge on anything other a full shot deserves to remain over 8 h/cap. The other was a sand wedge about 20 yds into the c*ap beyond the green. Nuff said.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
getagrip, take it off your back.
a quick scan of previous threads, always recommended before you post, would show that we are shy creatures. we like to be wooed. a gentle introduction, doesn't have to be too formal - casual dress will do, <u>then</u> go for it.

getagrip

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can I thank you all for your input both positive and negative, I really do appreciate it.

I wasn't aware until this morning (whilst having a conversation with a colleague who is a regular member of a variety of forums) that there is such a thing as forum etiquette and it is not acceptable to do certain things like; post surveys, ask lots of questions etc. I was not aware of this and apologise if I have offended anyone as a result of my post.

Comments on individual replies:

Guys, the reason for all the questions is that I'm trying to understand how you guys think, what issues you face every time you go out on the golf course, so I can create a custom made product, but need this kind of feedback to be able to develop it.

None of the feedback will be used for anything other than helping me to understand a golfer mindset, it will not be used on any website or any publication.

I played golf a few years ago but had to give it up after an unsuccessful tendon release operation, I never had the chance to experience golfto any great standard, so I can't use any previous experience, I need to get that from others who are living that right now.

Finally, I'm not in a position to pay a market research company, I'm finding it hard to pay the mortgage at the moment, as a lot of us are. All I'm trying to do is to be able to provide security and stability for my family, which currently they don't have with my existing business.

Thanks again for your comments, suggestions and recommendations (the nice ones anyway).

getagrip

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nice one Billyg. You've obviously got me sussed out. Steady on that wine m8.

I will- god bless the humble Merlot eh?

OT I know but does anybody know the name of the young scot on Mock The Week(again) last night? Looks a bit like a mythical third member of The Proclaimers. I have to say this guy (whoever the gent is) is at the height of his comedic powers. I simply haven't laughed so much for a long time. I need to do some digging around and find out who he is then i'll be off to see him live at the first opportunity.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
god bless the humble Merlot eh?

HUMBLE???? You have got to be kidding me. A prince of a wine.

PSsst Enjoying a not so humble Barolo just now...

Yes, Merlot is indeed a reliable stalwart. Barolo ... last one was over boxing day lunch...pink roast beef and all the trimmings followed by Mario Olympics on the Wii...and a long snooze

what was this thread all about again? oh yeah, an as yet unquantified product-push disguised under a first post looking for free market research assistants. Initiated with a blatant lie(rapidly identified), continued with further obviscation and barely believable mitigation(seemingly ignored) and rounded off by wandering off topic in a last desperate attempt to salvage something tangable from an otherwise misguided premise...now I remember.