Alicante, which courses?

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
We’re going to have a change from Vilamoura for our short golf break next year, not least because the cost is astronomical. The obvious alternative is Spain and I’ve been looking at a site called golf4ualicante which seems to offer more reasonable rates.
There are quite a few courses on there and I wondered which would suit high handicappers best? In Vilamoura we loved Millenium, which many low handicappers have said is not enough of a challenge. Liked Pinhal but struggled with so many trees. We can all play a bit (probably 22 - 28ish), although we don’t actually have h’caps, but prefer more open courses.
Also, any tips on where to stay? It’s not all about golf for us, we need decent nightlife as well.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was going to say La Finca but it fails at the nightlife bit as more remote.

Tried looking at flying to Malaga and heading south down Costa del Sol. Lots more there between Belamadena and Marbella and an abundance of courses although not always the most open. Still playable though.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have a look at Pestana golf courses in the Algarve. 5/6 courses in their portfolio all of which I've played several times, ranging from easy to challenging. All the major golf companies use them and arrange complete holidays from airport to airport including everything you need. If you play one of another in terms of price you can get very decent prices. What we pay over the years is great value....in essence what we pay covers the cost of the accomodation. The golf/transfers etc is free, if you consider the prices of the individual elements

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Las Colinas is a beautiful course, helpful staff,good practice facilities and playable. Second choice would be Lo Romero. Can't help with nightlife but golf4ualicante might point you in the right direction.