Aimpoint at Bearsted golf club

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

I've gone ahead and booking a 121 session so will report back my thoughts if people are interested.

Just for the record... I'm not a bad putter, but a single putt is rare for me and getting it past the hole without being 7ft past is an issue, with a 3 putt probably creeping in once a round.

It's something I want to get better at when you get to my age there is much you want for a birthday, so self improvement is the next step

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've gone ahead and booking a 121 session so will report back my thoughts if people are interested.

Just for the record... I'm not a bad putter, but a single putt is rare for me and getting it past the hole without being 7ft past is an issue, with a 3 putt probably creeping in once a round.

It's something I want to get better at when you get to my age there is much you want for a birthday, so self improvement is the next step

Sounds like you just don’t hit it close enough then to start with…..

D

Deleted member 18121

Aye..... just love that putting improvement advice.... " Chip it closer!!" Hahaha

Ha ha exactly... Not a great putter? Just put it 3 feet and in with all approach shots. Easy isn't it ???

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Was taught it 4 years ago, use it every green, putting has improved significantly, from about a 7 handicap standard to a 1 or 2 handicap standard.

It works as well as you want it to, if you stand each side of the putt, say erm I dunno about a 2, then you've wasted your money. If you take the time to stay calibrated and continue to practice, it just gets better and better.

Helps massively if your practice green is similar to your actual greens.

Its not going to revolutionise putting on your home course, as you probably know the breaks subconsciously, but on away courses, it's gold.

My advice once your up and running, if you cant feel a slope, dont try and second guess, it's straight. Thats where I miss most, trying to find a break when there isn't one...

D

Deleted member 18121

Had the aimpoint session yesterday morning... First thing to say is that the teacher James was extremely engaging and before I knew it we'd completed a 2hr 10 minute session.

The practical application of the knowledge is straight forward, but I can see how if you don't grasp the feel aspect with your feet then the class would feel very hard apply as you don't know what you're feeling.

Luckily I seemed to get it and I feel I have a lot I can use for practice in the future, plus it was useful that I met some pals in the afternoon of for 18 holes at Nizels and could put it to use with noticeable effect.

Really glad I took the plunge and would encourage others who are thinking about it to do the same.

evemccc

Visit site
Had the aimpoint session yesterday morning... First thing to say is that the teacher James was extremely engaging and before I knew it we'd completed a 2hr 10 minute session.

The practical application of the knowledge is straight forward, but I can see how if you don't grasp the feel aspect with your feet then the class would feel very hard apply as you don't know what you're feeling.

Luckily I seemed to get it and I feel I have a lot I can use for practice in the future, plus it was useful that I met some pals in the afternoon of for 18 holes at Nizels and could put it to use with noticeable effect.

Really glad I took the plunge and would encourage others who are thinking about it to do the same.

I also did a 1-2-1 a few weeks ago and am glad I did
I do need to practise it a lot more (but I’ve been so busy I haven’t had much time to actually play golf much since and it’s true that I think it’s a waste of money if you don’t stay calibrated or can’t judge / feel it with your feet

It’s made me think a lot more about putting and my two putts are a lot more likely to be 1 putts than before.

If in doubt about how big a break is, overestimate it ??

evemccc

Visit site
Was taught it 4 years ago, use it every green, putting has improved significantly, from about a 7 handicap standard to a 1 or 2 handicap standard.

It works as well as you want it to, if you stand each side of the putt, say erm I dunno about a 2, then you've wasted your money. If you take the time to stay calibrated and continue to practice, it just gets better and better.

Helps massively if your practice green is similar to your actual greens.

Its not going to revolutionise putting on your home course, as you probably know the breaks subconsciously, but on away courses, it's gold.

My advice once your up and running, if you cant feel a slope, dont try and second guess, it's straight. Thats where I miss most, trying to find a break when there isn't one...

Agree 100% with this