AG up for sale

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I am always prepared to give them a chance and hope that the business can be saved without too much pain.

It's just that I think that, as a business, they need to choose their staff more carefully and try to avoid those that think that they ought to be playing on the Tour rather than serving paying customers.
Cant disagree with any of that m8:)

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In my experience they'll usually price match.

Also worth knowing that if you're spending a fair few quid they may throw in some freebies etc.

Last time I made a substantial purchase (Motocaddy, shoes, clothes & other bits n bobs), I was given 50% off the shoes and clothes, saving £100 or so plus a free trolley storage bag.

Have also had free balls when buying clubs.

Just have to have the nerve to ask if the store manager can do you a deal and see if they'll play ball... obviously can depend on the individual store, how badly they need your business, how close they are to their monthly/quarterly targets etc.

Probably why they are now where they are!!!!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just stopped at the Hedge End store near Southampton at lunchtime... 4 or 5 chaps working and me the only customer...

Tour S shoes down to £130 and Pro SL £99. A quick google confirmed that the going rate (new models pending) UA trousers £10 more than my club pro shop.... didnt buy anything.

Looks a bit sad

Wolf

Visit site
I've just got back from my local AG as popped in on my way home as I want to get a new putter and need a 3 Wood..

Picked up a brand New Callaway XR 3 wood for £59... Absolute bargain can't complain at that as was in need of one.. looked at putters literally nothing worth buying unless I wanted some hideous red Fazer garbage.

Quite a sad state of affairs selling off top end gear dirt cheap but then having mediocre Crap over priced..

Still I'm happy with my new bargain..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I popped into the Monument Store this morning and there were sale signs all over the place.
I was looking for a new wedge but being cursed in standing on the other side of the ball to most I was out of luck - but that has nothing to do with them being in trouble.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just stopped at the Hedge End store near Southampton at lunchtime... 4 or 5 chaps working and me the only customer...

Tour S shoes down to £130 and Pro SL £99. A quick google confirmed that the going rate (new models pending) UA trousers £10 more than my club pro shop.... didnt buy anything.

Looks a bit sad
The stores do look quite sad at the moment. As much as I've run them down on here at times, I hope they can find their place and come back.

Wolf

Visit site
The stores do look quite sad at the moment. As much as I've run them down on here at times, I hope they can find their place and come back.

Couldn't agree more sad is a good term, I went into the one in Canterbury on my way home today, shop was loaded with new clubs, 2nd hand gear galore, plenty of clothing and shoes and just 2 putters! But it's really out of the way to get had no idea it existed until someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Didn't buy anything then went into Maidstone store my local also on way home and nabbed an absolute bargain, yet that was pure luck because there was barely anything worth buying wasn't a single hybrid in the shop despite displays and advertising, hardly any irons, woods or apparel. Hoping they can resurrect something long term

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Just ordered HID some new shoes at nearly half price, I also noted they have some Ecco shoes for men at half price as well, far better than most places but... Only online really as no stores near me stock them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Couldn't agree more sad is a good term, I went into the one in Canterbury on my way home today, shop was loaded with new clubs, 2nd hand gear galore, plenty of clothing and shoes and just 2 putters! But it's really out of the way to get had no idea it existed until someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Didn't buy anything then went into Maidstone store my local also on way home and nabbed an absolute bargain, yet that was pure luck because there was barely anything worth buying wasn't a single hybrid in the shop despite displays and advertising, hardly any irons, woods or apparel. Hoping they can resurrect something long term
Funny thing is I'm still getting loads of emails flogging their winter clothing but when I went into Bird Hills in Maidenhead it was Palm Grove (AG own brand) or bust. No UA, Ping, Adidas clothing at all

Wolf

Visit site
Funny thing is I'm still getting loads of emails flogging their winter clothing but when I went into Bird Hills in Maidenhead it was Palm Grove (AG own brand) or bust. No UA, Ping, Adidas clothing at all
Exactly what the Maidstone shop was like Palm Grove or walk up to Primark!

I'm quite lucky the company I work for not only have Gyms but also own High Street retail stores that stock UA & Adidas golf clothing and give me 20% off :cool:.. so fortunately don't have to go far to get it

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The MK store is bright and shiney, and looks pretty well stocked (although a bit empty on one side of the ball shelf). Plenty of putters including Scotty, EvnRoll, Bettinardi and Odyssey. New clubs on show, the second hand gear is on a rack down in the back corner out of the way. Plenty of clothing and shoes too.

It's only been a week since Endless bought them, I'm sure it will take longer than that to straighten things out. Everyone seems to expect an instant fix in the modern age. I'm no businessman but surely it's going to take a little while for them to sort out the stores and suppliers for the business to move forward. Give it a chance.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate tried to buy a AG voucher 2 days ago he was told we can take them as payment but been told can’t sell them until take over is complete

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Might have missed this in previous 11 pages, but there are 7 stores in a 35 mile radius (as the crow flies) from Hedge End, Southampton.
Seems a lot!