AG up for sale

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bad new for AG in Inverness next year. Fairways,Inverness golf club and the golf center are opening a shop with a pro at the new Torvean (Kings Course) so AM really will be the 5th best golf shop in Sneck

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let 'em go under on line customer services don't deserve to be in a job. And I've e-mailed them to tell them so.
THe bloke on the phone was good though.

Does that mean they can now stay afloat?

One thing that comes across with AG is the inconsistency of its staff, meaning inconsistency of training. That is something they need to concentrate on.

In some golf centric towns they will not be needed but in plenty of other places they are very welcome. They are certainly welcome up here.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does that mean they can now stay afloat?

One thing that comes across with AG is the inconsistency of its staff, meaning inconsistency of training. That is something they need to concentrate on.

In some golf centric towns they will not be needed but in plenty of other places they are very welcome. They are certainly welcome up here.

I think they are required as a good golf shop is needed but OMG they need to sharpen up their act. They send in mystery shoppers to check on the staff in the shop on a regular basis why don't they check on their online staff in the same way? Agreed with the training thing.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use the one at Hazel Grove. But after Saturdays nightmare journey there due to the "new road link" they've built, (God knows what Monday mornings are now like), I won't be going there again in the near future.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you been to the one at High Legh GC? I've passed it a few times on the way to my mum's but never popped in? Is it worth a vist?

The shop is ok, not huge but decent variety of stock.
The range is great, well looked after and new balls recently even though the old ones were fine.
It's not worth a trip for the shop alone but the shop and range combined is definitely worth it.