AG up for sale

Wolf

Visit site
It’s in whincheap estate.
By Homebase and Iceland’s.
Probably why I've never noticed it my sojourns to Wincheap are rarer than rocking horse droppings.. work the other side and don't live in Canterbury. But think I'll be sliding in there Monday after a 2pm finish at work to go see what's on offer.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I didn't realise there was a branch at the Ageas Bowl, that can't be any more than 800 yards as the crow flies from the Hedge End branch plus there is one just up the road in Eastleigh.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Norbiton branch has gone but don't know if that's a business decision or a victim of redevelopment; looks like the entire block they are on is being knocked down & redeveloped

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Finchly Road branch is massive. Huge. But zero parking. There is the odd meter on the main road, but as retail units go, it is useless. Not surprised it is closing. Shame, as the January sale was always worth a poke.

If you could park.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Finchly Road branch is massive. Huge. But zero parking. There is the odd meter on the main road, but as retail units go, it is useless. Not surprised it is closing. Shame, as the January sale was always worth a poke.

If you could park.

Can’t be far from the one that’s attached to the golf centre in mill hill? (Metro golf is it?) I work not far from them in East Finchley and met a mate after work one day.. seemed perfect for golf.. range and fitting bay

The way forward

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yep, the one at Top Golf in Watford is similar. They had a good set up in Wembley too, but that has become an outlet store for all the second hsnd stuff they px'ed.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I know someone who worked for a company picked by Endless. They bought the company he worked at for £20 Million and sold for £400 Milllion after turn around. Looking at their portfolio, they have picked up a few high street names (Bathstore, Jones the Bootmakers * Crown Paints to name three). They've done a few successful turn arounds, my mate had good things to say about them, so here's hoping they can do the same for AG.

Went in to the MK store last night to pick up my lad. They were well stocked, had taken on a load of stock from one of the closing stores and were selling some of the extra stuff off at some decent prices - think there was a new set of AP2's in there for less than £300.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, the one at Top Golf in Watford is similar. They had a good set up in Wembley too, but that has become an outlet store for all the second hsnd stuff they px'ed.

The Dagenham one that opened in place of direct golf when Ashley closed that store is brilliant. They have the driving range attached. Built a fitting bay just for them. decent staff. I was surprised at the time they didn’t just close Romford then and there.. they said they were thinking of making Romford a clothes outlet? Can’t see that taking off! Which it didn’t and now Romford’s closing!

Hope they sort out the staffs jobs though. The Romford lads were always very helpful.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been into American golf @ the Trafford centre. They have got some cracking deals. I bought 36 Bridgestone rx b330 for £45. They also have buy the latest mizzie
driver for £350 get a free 3 wood. Was tempted by that as I need a 3 wood, would just flog the driver. I guess eBay will be awash with them tho !!

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Just been into American golf @ the Trafford centre. They have got some cracking deals. I bought 36 Bridgestone rx b330 for £45. They also have buy the latest mizzie
driver for £350 get a free 3 wood. Was tempted by that as I need a 3 wood, would just flog the driver. I guess eBay will be awash with them tho !!

Saw those at weekend, planning on stocking up while they're £15 when I get paid on Friday

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Dorset to Gtr Manchester.
That's a hell of a long way to get some golf balls for £45.:eek:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just off the phone with Moor Lane (Lincoln), they're staying but the one in the Valentine centre in Lincoln is gone. They rang to tell me the driver I'd ordered two weeks ago is delayed. Bummer. But it's not the end of the world (as long as it arrives!).

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hope the new owners make AG more competitive! £20 more expensive for the same putter, White hot pro, £6 more expensive for the Wilson Infinite range and so on!! Basically just try clubs out when I need them and go elsewhere cheaper online! Not a great business model

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Hope the new owners make AG more competitive! £20 more expensive for the same putter, White hot pro, £6 more expensive for the Wilson Infinite range and so on!! Basically just try clubs out when I need them and go elsewhere cheaper online! Not a great business model

That's often the case though because online only outfits don't need to pay a lease on a retail property, they only need the warehouse and fewer staff.